• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you move something that you have equipped, it needs to replace it with something else already on that character so that there isn't a blank slot left. Just unequip it before moving, though I actually like that it replaces the gear I'm moving. I think it opts for the lowest leveled item in that slot.

Okay, I looked closer, and it still wants to move stuff off of my character. Moving Thorn from the Vault to my Hunter puts my VoC in the vault.

Qodrons Jail
Every once in a while, Qodron will summon a jail. This jail is incredibly strong, and will resist all gunfire unless you have the Jailbreaker buff. It is paramount you designate an eye killer, so that he can break you out. Only 1 person gets the buff, but everyone gets jailed. The Jail will also do damage to you, and will kill you if you are low.
I just wanted to point out that the Found Verdict or an auto shotgun can break you out of the jail without the jailbreaker buff. I don't know if ascension makes a big difference or not, but I ascended mine at the start of the fight for this reason.

Namikaze1

I love how some Hunters still don't know that we can hear your super going up. All we have to do is run for 7-9 seconds and you wasted a perfectly good super.

I just wanted to point out that the Found Verdict or an auto shotgun can break you out of the jail without the jailbreaker buff. I don't know if ascension makes a big difference or not, but I ascended mine at the start of the fight for this reason.

Also worth pointing out that Super Good Advice virtually consumes no ammo if used to break yourself or others out of the detainment shields.

I love how some Hunters still don't know that we can hear your super going up. All we have to do is run for 7-9 seconds and you wasted a perfectly good super.

Best part is most of them will panic once their meter is down below 50% and rush you, playing right into your hand and isolating their orb from the rest of their team. Same with Bladedancers.

I have never had this happen... that's strange.

It's weird. There are enough slots since I'm moving three primaries into three empty slots. Hawmoon in part of the loadout, but already on my Hunter.

ZVlhhKK.png

lt519

Shotguns are best but we liked to keep Icebreakers and snipers equipped. With the buff one Icebreaker can take all the shields down. We just relied on finding the Eye. It's not hard everyone just has to stay alive or it turns into chaos. I see too many people fighting 3-4 hobgoblins with an exclamation over your head. Cool your jets, crouch behind a rock and regen, Qodron isn't going anywhere.

Also worth pointing out that Super Good Advice virtually consumes no ammo if used to break yourself or others out of the detainment shields.

It's way too weak to break out alone. I was detained a full health and died before a 365 SGA broke me out. I'm not sure if everyone standing together and using it would be more effective or if the detain triples or how that works, but I wouldn't rely on SGA. Found Verdict was way more reliable.

Took a small break from Destiny to play The Witcher 3 (not even half way done) and now I'm back. Anything I missed in this past week? There is now some ToO sign up list?

Namikaze1

Best part is most of them will panic once their meter is down below 50% and rush you, playing right into your hand and isolating their orb from the rest of their team. Same with Bladedancers.
Two of them ended up wasting theirs in our first match. We ran to our spawn area and waited them out. They ran out before they got close and I just popped my own Golden Gun and killed two while the other was dealt by my teammates.

Fehyd

Banned
I think trials is going to gradually tighten up until it becomes very tough to bring someone along for the ride. Part of the reason for this week being viewed as tougher, besides the map, was that fewer lower skilled people tried it after the previous week.

I'm really starting to think PoE is borked for me. Last 4 runs over 3 characters gave me Her Benevolence; wtf is going on?

I don't even bother with the chest anymore until I get the bounty which requires me to pop it. Too much junk pops out of it for the amount of work that you just did to get there.

Anyone know if you can transfer Armor Cores between characters?

You can. They go into your vault like any other item and even stack. I moved armor cores the first week so I could have a higher level guardian for their first 34 runs.

Kyne

Will there be a new sign up sheet every ToO or do I have to sign up for it now to be considered for next week?

The way they've been talking is that you'll have to sign up every week. Lists become irrelevant / inaccurate as different weekends come to pass due to people not having the same schedule. Just keep an eye on the thread for details.

All that new Iron Banner gear is reskinned gear from HoW and maybe some of it from pre-HoW. I doubt it will be 42 light off the bat. They want you to grind for Etheric Light for a reason.

Plus they lowered the amount of glimmer it will cost.

PuMa

The only thing you can hear from us Titans is the aftershock from our Fist after you're already dead!

E92 M3

I think trials is going to gradually tighten up until it becomes very tough to bring someone along for the ride. Part of the reason for this week being viewed as tougher, besides the map, was that fewer lower skilled people tried it after the previous week.

Yeah, that's what I thought since the beginning. Each passing week should theoretically get harder and harder. Can't lie though, tough games are fun - makes winning exciting.

sajj316

I assume so. They're like any other upgrade item I think, but not sure as I haven't gotten any yet. :p

Cool. Prefer to play with my Titan for Blessings of Light but upgrade my Hunter with the rewarded gear. Could play with either character but find the Titan to be very useful.

lt519

Yesterday was a disaster. We'd start 3-0 and run into a team with a guy that goes 15 k/d and his teammates both below 1. Yesterday was mostly just people running it with alts or carrying people. I think the majority of the people on my level got their armor and got the hell out since the fusion rifle wasn't all that great.

Next week will be even worse since people like me are mostly just going to IB. While the hardcore PvP will have knocked out IB to save the weekend for Trials. They really need better match making for Trials and it doesn't solve everything but matching people up by wins-losses on their current passage seems like a decent start.

LTWood12

Had to leave border and T-44 on quodron after about an hour of frustration. I'd already beaten it 3 times this week, but we just couldn't put it together. Found out this morning they weren't able to get it done. I hate that feeling.

That fight is fucked people.

lt519

Had to leave border and T-44 on quodron after about an hour of frustration. I'd already beaten it 3 times this week, but we just couldn't put it together. Found out this morning they weren't able to get it done. I hate that feeling.

That fight is fucked people.

We love it, knocked it out on our second try last night. I think it has the best mechanics out of any fight since VoG.

Leveling up my Bad Juju just keeps revealing new multitudes. This thing has so many incredible cool benefits. Its also pretty much custom designed to work beautifully with a Warlock with Nothing Manacles.

This game was already incredible when I was just traipsing around with my high level Titan but bringing the other classes up to the big leagues and opening up the engine on the open road just brings it to an entirely new level. And I currently only have one subclass for each of them really leveled. There is so much game in this game. And every new exotic I get just adds so much new fun stuff.

It's really the best.

Finally made it to 34. It was a little anticlimactic because I didn't realize I both had an armored core and that the gear from Variks changes and he had the chest piece I needed. I ran POE 32 and still had a few wipes. 34 is still going to be really tough, and 35 near on impossible until I get some more 365 weapons.

phen0m24

Lnkn and volunteers what if you guys just did like 3 or 5 a weekend (if at all), and then just popped into random groups?

I mean, I have no grasp of the mechanics of maintaining a rating (laughable in my case) but if on Saturday I'm sitting in orbit with whomever and any of you ToO superheroes joined the group like "Hey I'm here let's have fun"

You could: impart jedi wisdom on us and maybe help out without the pressure and the begging and the sweat

Hoodbury and I invited Hawkian and he ran with us and we had fun. We went 3 and 2 - but hey this crap is every weekend. We'll (and by we I mean me) get better in time. :)

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom