• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofa King

With E3 coming, what are the chances that they announce a PC version coming out with Comet.

Also, I really wish they would allow cross platform saves going forward that are tied to your bnet account. I'd consider double dipping the PS4 version, but grinding all that out again is too much.

Lnkn52

Leveling up my Bad Juju just keeps revealing new multitudes. This thing has so many incredible cool benefits. Its also pretty much custom designed to work beautifully with a Warlock with Nothing Manacles.

This game was already incredible when I was just traipsing around with my high level Titan but bringing the other classes up to the big leagues and opening up the engine on the open road just brings it to an entirely new level. And I currently only have one subclass for each of them really leveled. There is so much game in this game. And every new exotic I get just adds so much new fun stuff.

It's really the best.

I think out of all the exotics, it has the most perks.

Full Auto: This weapon can be fired in full auto mode.
String of Curses: This weapon reloads instantly, increases damage for a short time;

AND: it decreases the cooldown of your Super by 7.5 seconds after each kill.

Would be nice. There are apps called Lodeouts or Tower Ghost. Works ok.

lol...TG is the one I'm having problems with, and to my knowlage Loadouts doesn't have a desktop version. I really like to build loadouts from my PC. All three need to get together and fill all of the holes.

E92 M3

Leveling up my Bad Juju just keeps revealing new multitudes. This thing has so many incredible cool benefits. Its also pretty much custom designed to work beautifully with a Warlock with Nothing Manacles.

This game was already incredible when I was just traipsing around with my high level Titan but bringing the other classes up to the big leagues and opening up the engine on the open road just brings it to an entirely new level. And I currently only have one subclass for each of them really leveled. There is so much game in this game. And every new exotic I get just adds so much new fun stuff.

It's really the best.

Try the Bad Juju with the Obsidian Mind - now that's something ;) Nice to see you're having a good time. Destiny has come a long way.

Deku Tree

With E3 coming, what are the chances that they announce a PC version coming out with Comet.

Also, I really wish they would allow cross platform saves going forward that are tied to your bnet account. I'd consider double dipping the PS4 version, but grinding all that out again is too much.

I doubt we'll see a PC version.

It's most likely MS that refuses to allow cross platform saves. Bungie/acti have no financial reason to prevent it. Sony has no problem with cross platform (with PC) saves in other games.

sajj316

lol...TG is the one I'm having problems with, and to my knowlage Loadouts doesn't have a desktop version. I really like to build loadouts from my PC. All three need to get together and fill all of the holes.

Could be just PSN issues? Some users are having issues launching the Lodeouts app

Lnkn52

It's most likely MS that refuses to allow cross platform saves. Bungie/acti have no financial reason to prevent it. Sony has no problem with cross platform (with PC) saves in other games.

If they make a PC version, I would hate to lose some of the PS4 players and maybe it would force me to build one myself.

Sofa King

I really don't see how MS could have any say in it. I think in general the console makers don't play nice with each other, but that doesn't prevent Bungie from linking multiple accounts in their own system.

EL CUCO

Yesterday I dropped my PvP weapons in the vault. After switching characters, the app wasn't showing them in there. I almost pooped my pants.

When I physically went to the vault they were there. The app has been very reliable so it was super weird to have that happen.

I've been using the Tower Ghost app and extension, since loadouts are saved in the cloud. Other than a few days where the app wouldn't load, I haven't had problems with it. I have run in to the issue you're talking about, where it moves stuff off your character even though you have space, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's only when you're doing loadouts and moving a bunch of stuff. If I'm moving my solar loadout to my character, I don't really care if my fatebringer or TLW gets moved. If something gets moved that you don't want, just grab it by itself.

Deku Tree

I really don't see how MS could have any say in it. I think in general the console makers don't play nice with each other, but that doesn't prevent Bungie from linking multiple accounts in their own system.

MS has total say in what features are enabled in games on The Xbox platform.

ocean

Banned
Pretty sure it's an Xbox restriction. Part of the reason why FFXIV isn't on the bone.

Fehyd

Banned
Can/does anyone use Scout Rifles in PVP and if so is it effective?

I'm no expert, but scouts suffer in a few ways. Distance wise, most maps aren't big enough to take advantage of their range advantage, and most people switch to a sniper or fusion rifle for ranget anyway.

Their ttk is middle of the pack to bad, so from in a 50/50 jump situation you're going to lose to someone with the same accuracy as yourself with a pulse rifle, handcannon, or assault rifle depending.

Can/does anyone use Scout Rifles in PVP and if so is it effective?

I have been using the Fang of Ir Yut for all my Trials games.

It's a four shot weapon (6 body shots). It has good fire rate and accuracy, and I've held off quite a few snipers with it.

Lastly, it has the Mark perk, which has saved us more times than you think it might.

It's awesome seeing a giant beacon over someones head when they're trying to hide behind a guardian sized piece of geometry. Lets you know exactly where to throw the grenade or when to shoot again because they're going to try to catch you off guard.

Edit: As said above, they are not the distance shooters they should be. Expect to go toe to toe with hand cannons on a regular basis. Never fire from an area that doesn't have nearby cover.

JB1981

I have an exotic weapon bounty for my hand cannon which asks me to use void damage to defeat guardians in the crucible? How do I do this if my weapon has no void damage? Also what kind of rewards might one get by completing these bounties?

Is anyone running 35 PoE?

I have an exotic weapon bounty for my hand cannon which asks me to use void damage to defeat guardians in the crucible? How do I do this if my weapon has no void damage? Also what kind of rewards might one get by completing these bounties?

The exotic bounties get you exotic weapons :)

For that one use void grenades/abilities or weapons with void on them.

I've been using the Tower Ghost app and extension, since loadouts are saved in the cloud. Other than a few days where the app wouldn't load, I haven't had problems with it. I have run in to the issue you're talking about, where it moves stuff off your character even though you have space, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's only when you're doing loadouts and moving a bunch of stuff. If I'm moving my solar loadout to my character, I don't really care if my fatebringer or TLW gets moved. If something gets moved that you don't want, just grab it by itself.

I guess that I'll chalk it up to OCD. I spent many hours getting and fully leveling a FB, VoC, MIDA, and Black Hammer for each character, and it bugs me that this app wants to just toss them around. DIM doesn't do that.

Lnkn52

Anyone want to some Trials in about 10 mins? I only care about 5 wins. Anything after is a bonus.

Somebody stream?! Bored at work...

Edit:
200.gif

phen0m24

Thorn is the reward.

You need to do Vault of Glass normal to get Atheon's Epilogue or HM Crota for a Word of Crota or hope for a Void damage drop

Any void damage. If you aren't a Hunter you have a Void Subclass. Grenades, Melees, and Supers count.

Try to find a Void special weapon that you can use primarily. Shotgun maybe. Then a void heavy if possible.

Then find a playlist that you're more likely to go positive in your K/D.

Reward is the exotic weapon thorn.

That one specifically is for Thorn, your ToO win button. Use void powers or elemental weapons.

And good luck. I've had mine for months and it's still at zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom