• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Anybody up for ToO / have room for 1 more? Honestly just want to get the boots on a character or two before reset if possible

People were doing that last Monday too. I had a card that I went 8-3 on and 4 of those wins were from people quitting. Maybe people are just trying to help others on the last day. I certainly wasn't complaining. One team actually killed themselves on purpose all 5 rounds.

Supposedly if you change characters during the load in, it doesn't count as a loss. No idea since I've never tried it myself but other people have posted that it works. Oh well, more free wins is always appreciated by me.

Yeah I just hit Mercury just now. 4 of the wins were from quitters. I feel weird about it... This isn't how I like to win.

todd360

Supposedly if you change characters during the load in, it doesn't count as a loss. No idea since I've never tried it myself but other people have posted that it works. Oh well, more free wins is always appreciated by me.

Do they look at the enemy team and decide they look tough and then quit?

Future

Calling something shitty sounds very critical to me. Also, it's completely victim-less and beneficiary-full. I can't begin to imagine how many CPs I've shared that have helped people, or CPs I've passed that were then passed to others, etc.
I don't know what PLR means.

If I was bungie I'd patch that. Everyone should have to play to the checkpoint. Rules just make sense. They must not be able to fix this, and this is probably the reason for the no checkpoints in PoE

But admittedly, some of the encounter design is simply not that fun. Using checkpoints to speed past some of it isn't the end of the world.

Ken

Any trials groups recruiting? Got an hour and a half to kill and I can only get my elimination fill in trials.

If I was bungie I'd patch that. Everyone should have to play to the checkpoint. Rules just make sense. They must not be able to fix this, and this is probably the reason for the no checkpoints in PoE

But admittedly, some of the encounter design is simply not that fun. Using checkpoints to speed past some of it isn't the end of the world.

Yep, if Bungie patched it I'd be totally fine with that. Kinda like FR snipers, I'll use it as long as it's available because it works well.

The huge majority of the time to clear VoG is getting to the Gorgons. Clearing that through Atheon can be ~10 minutes with a decent group, but getting there from a fresh start is easily ~30 minutes even with a good group and no wipes. Sharing CPs has encouraged a lot of people to play when they otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

Finally brought down Skolas on POE 35.

What a complete mess that was! Took him down with all of us using Patience & Time and Arc rockets. We even had to dismantle the first wave of mines without killing Skolas which was a very touch and go situation!

I'm just relieved to have done it in all honesty. Not sure I'm in a rush to do it again either.

3 Found Verdict with Thunderlord as a back up works very well.

Marvel

could never
Finally brought down Skolas on POE 35.

What a complete mess that was! Took him down with all of us using Patience & Time and Arc rockets. We even had to dismantle the first wave of mines without killing Skolas which was a very touch and go situation!

I'm just relieved to have done it in all honesty. Not sure I'm in a rush to do it again either.
GRATZ!

Qwell

Just took down Quodron or whatever the current 34 PoE boss is without doing the bubble / ghorn burn and with a 33 in the group... that was legit fun and we didn't even wipe a single time.

Obscured

Feeling that no checkpoint on PoE right now. I couldn't play anymore and had to jump off after we struggled with round 5 for a bit. Frustrating as I need that Etheric Light to get to lvl 34, but if I was lvl 34 we could have managed it without issue. Also annoying that it doesn't lvl rep like lvl 28. I know it'll be a moot point next week, but kind of feels like wasted time today (though I always have fun playing so not truly wasted)

LTWood12

Yep, if Bungie patched it I'd be totally fine with that. Kinda like FR snipers, I'll use it as long as it's available because it works well.

The huge majority of the time to clear VoG is getting to the Gorgons. Clearing that through Atheon can be ~10 minutes with a decent group, but getting there from a fresh start is easily ~30 minutes even with a good group and no wipes. Sharing CPs has encouraged a lot of people to play when they otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

So much this. Overall it has made the game more fun for me.

All things being equal, do exotic guns do more damage than legendary guns?
Generally speaking, no, but exotics will have a unique second perk that sets them apart from legendaries like regenerating ammo or poison over time or infrequent, underwhelming thrall explosions. Sometimes the perks add up to make the weapon OP, like the wolf packs on the Gjallahorn.

Do people prefer shottys or snipers for skolas this week? Which is easier to execute?

Personally I think snipers are super easy. Last three kills I've done have been 1st or 2nd try, maybe 15 minutes max. But they've been so easy I've never tried shotguns so they might be comparable if people have a good strat down.

xCobalt

For PoE, do you have to complete the individual levels for rewards or can you just do the level 35 version to get all of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom