• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

I need dat IB Etheric light!

Seriously. Idk how people already have enough etheric light. I needed 4 for my Titan and 4 for my warlock then another 12 minimum for every slot and every element. Not to mention alternate gun types. I'll be playing for weeks to get it all done.

todd360

Trying to think up a name for the new episode. My brainstorm left me with "The fig of all figs" (for the lols) and "A Taste of Mercury" (also for the lols)

SnakeEyes

Banned
I don't get it. People are quitting like crazy. Doesn't that count as a loss on your Passage if you quit? What's the point?
If they quit while in the loading screen by changing character it doesn't count as a loss on their card. They look at each player in the Roster screen and make a judgement call as to whether they can win. That's why so many people load in as 33s but change to 34s upon game start.

Ramirez

Seriously. Idk how people already have enough etheric light. I needed 4 for my Titan and 4 for my warlock then another 12 minimum for every slot and every element. Not to mention alternate gun types. I'll be playing for weeks to get it all done.

Getting to Mercury gives you so much, especially if you have 3 characters. I think I've gotten one or two from the little bit of PoE I've done, but probably 12 or more from ToO, lol.

5 guaranteed ELights per character if you can clear all PoE and ToO content, which is admittedly a challenging task. I've managed to do that both weeks and have 12 ELs sitting around with nothing I'm dying to spend them on, already have nice Lv34 PvE and PvP armor builds for all 3 classes. Should probably ascend some different elemental gun types, like you said.

If they quit while in the loading screen by changing character it doesn't count as a loss on their card. They look at each player in the Roster screen and make a judgement call as to whether they can win. That's why so many people load in as 33s but change to 34s upon game start.

In that case I'm rocking my Mercury emblem for the rest of the night. That's really, really greasy though. I guess I'm just too competitive. I would hate to quit a match before trying.

vctor182

So if there's a patch tomorrow then the reset won't be after it's live? I was getting ready to wake up early but now IDK

^
What are your choices Mike?

noomi

Reforging is a dangerous thing for a guy like me, I burn through too many motes to get the perfect roll.

"Here hold my motes"

blackflag

5 guaranteed ELights per character if you can clear all PoE and ToO content, which is admittedly a challenging task. I've managed to do that both weeks and have 12 ELs sitting around with nothing I'm dying to spend them on, already have nice Lv34 PvE and PvP armor builds for all 3 classes. Should probably ascend some different elemental gun types, like you said.

Still beasting!

Ramirez

Yup, if you only talk about being easy then VoC takes the crown, maybe even Suros competes for it, but they are not the top killing machines in PvP. Thorn is the easiest to use hand cannon but it isn't the easiest weapon to handle.

No Scout rifle in this game is easy to use in PVP, lol.

I don't think I could disagree with an opinion more when it comes to this game's PVP.

Still beasting!

lol I'm trying. We miss you casmith, I don't get nearly as many NAT errors without you and Rawr around! :)

No Scout rifle in this game is easy to use in PVP, lol.

I don't think I could disagree with an opinion more when it comes to this game's PVP.

Other poster means "ease of use/handling" while you mean "ease of getting kills" which is typically what people mean when they talk about PvP. I think it's more of a miscommunication than a real difference of opinion.

Lnkn52

There was rumor that PC Destiny was mentioned in the games timeline before release. I don't really care for a PC port--just seems like if this is true it will happen this E3. I'm hoping Comet is huge though.
I hope not, too many platforms to develop for as it is now. Maybe for Destiny 2.

Ramirez

you wanna carry an old man in PvP? I could use some of that light.

Yea I don't care to help man, I won't promise Mercury, but I know I can get you the 8 win package, lol.

Other poster means "ease of use/handling" while you mean "ease of getting kills" which is typically what people mean when they talk about PvP. I think it's more of a miscommunication than a real difference of opinion.

Yea, maybe. I wish all of the weapons were as hard to use as Scouts in PVP, the game would be a lot better off.

LTWood12

Personally I think snipers are super easy. Last three kills I've done have been 1st or 2nd try, maybe 15 minutes max. But they've been so easy I've never tried shotguns so they might be comparable if people have a good strat down.

Where and when do you place the bubble? Anyone have a linked video executing it?

nOoblet16

Generally speaking, no, but exotics will have a unique second perk that sets them apart from legendaries like regenerating ammo or poison over time or infrequent, underwhelming thrall explosions. Sometimes the perks add up to make the weapon OP, like the wolf packs on the Gjallahorn.

I see that Necrochasm is treating you now with its unique perk of being absolutely trash

Arrrammis

So, are they having both ToO and IB this next week? I am away until Friday, so if they're both up I won't be sure what to do (I'll probably run ToO until I get the armor, then do IB)

Stupid question: did they raise the levels of the raids with DLCs, or are they both easier now as level 34?
The levels are the same. Hard CE is incredibly easy, since the only reason it was really hard before was because of the level disadvantage. VoG is still difficult because of the mechanics and design of the thing, as I believe the raids and endgame stuff should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom