• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

Haven't got to run Trials past two nights in a row, so was hoping to get some runs in before the reset. West Coaster here and usually jump on around 8:30 Pacific. Does that time work?

Yeah I'll be on. Max vex thorn and shotgun with hammer forged and shot package.

Random question: Are any Destiny Gafers picking up Splatoon? I have a Wii U, and all the videos I'm checking out kind of remind me of the Crucible.

KILLED ARC BURN SKOLAS!!!!!

So pumped right now :)

No exotic bounty, just a Void Six Dreg Pride II

And the ship, shader, and emblem.

Used DeathJr tactic, but things didn't all go to plan once the bubble expired and we had to improvise.

Anyone got room on a boot train? Everyone wants the boots (me included) only need five wins!

I'm not having much luck in spite of others best efforts to help.

Gold_Loot

Guys! ( or gals )

I would love to run some ToO for the boots. Just want a chill good time kind of run. Losing wont be a huge deal. Just want to see how I do.. any takers?

Deku Tree

what do you mean by patch him?

Bungie doesn't want people spending ten minutes waiting for cool downs and then spamming rockets or snipers at the boss to try and kill him in 30 sec. It's not play "as intended" and all that. Deej mentioned in the last update that they were looking at patching PoE boss encounters.

Ganhyun

It isn't a Bungie issue but that's just how games are designed today.

The point is that transferring your IB rank over to buy something so you can get it faster is being frowned on and considered shitty, yet people transfer checkpoints for weekly resets to get exotic loot chests all the time and no one bats an eye.

Appreciate it. I only asked because one of the leaders of this community told me he did the trick last IB. Just trying to follow the Meta.

I hate Mega Mules and other cheaters, too.

Not sure if I'm the community leader you're referencing here (I did the trick on one character), but I also played enough to get the gear for that character anyway. Just a fun thing to do, and then I used my Tower instance to load in other Gaffers so that they could benefit as well.

The whole point of using the CP system to our advantage is to help the community and lessen the grind for people who don't have as much time to play. I can't possibly imagine why we'd be calling CP sharing "shitty" now, that's completely contrary to the spirit of DGAF. I started the Gorgon CP sharing many months ago and then kind hearted Gaffers like Rawr and DJ have taken up the mantle to help share the burden of passing it around. If we didn't use the weekly CP reset trick, none of that would have been possible. So many people who finally got that Hawkmoon or GHorn they'd be dying for, so many great community experiences, and now we're calling it shitty?

If it doesn't affect you negatively, I don't understand why people would be so critical of it. Lag switching is awful because it involves cheating people unfairly. Using the CP system to our advantage is all upside, how does that affect people negatively? This type of stuff is all the more reason I don't want negative OT titles, too many bad vibes as is.

Sticking with this PC+1 with accurized ballistics /shotpackage /rifled barrel / final round, Kinda wanted kneepad but sticking with this for now

Ikkarus

Finally brought down Skolas on POE 35.

What a complete mess that was! Took him down with all of us using Patience & Time and Arc rockets. We even had to dismantle the first wave of mines without killing Skolas which was a very touch and go situation!

I'm just relieved to have done it in all honesty. Not sure I'm in a rush to do it again either.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If it doesn't affect you negatively, I don't understand why people would be so critical of it. Lag switching is awful because it involves cheating people unfairly. Using the CP system to our advantage is all upside, how does that affect people negatively? This type of stuff is all the more reason I don't want negative OT titles, too many bad vibes as is.
ehh yeah i'm not that critical of it, I'd be surprised if people knew how I felt about it before. I just don't like exploits in general. as it is generally victimless, like you have addressed, I don't care that much or begrudge people their PLR.

I don't get it. People are quitting like crazy. Doesn't that count as a loss on your Passage if you quit? What's the point?

Supposedly if you change characters during the load in, it doesn't count as a loss. No idea since I've never tried it myself but other people have posted that it works. Oh well, more free wins is always appreciated by me.

I don't get it. People are quitting like crazy. Doesn't that count as a loss on your Passage if you quit? What's the point?
People were doing that last Monday too. I had a card that I went 8-3 on and 4 of those wins were from people quitting. Maybe people are just trying to help others on the last day. I certainly wasn't complaining. One team actually killed themselves on purpose all 5 rounds.

ehh yeah i'm not that critical of it, I'd be surprised if people knew how I felt about it before. I just don't like exploits in general. as it is generally victimless, like you have addressed, I don't care that much or begrudge people their PLR.

Calling something shitty sounds very critical to me. Also, it's completely victim-less and beneficiary-full. I can't begin to imagine how many CPs I've shared that have helped people, or CPs I've passed that were then passed to others, etc.
I don't know what PLR means.

Lnkn52

OK #2

G1cqHk2.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Calling something shitty sounds very critical to me. Also, it's completely victim-less and beneficiary-full. I can't begin to imagine how many CPs I've shared that have helped people, or CPs I've passed that were then passed to others, etc.
I don't know what PLR means.
alright, you win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom