• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

Okay, so I've posted a few times about changing to the jumper controller layout. I thought I had gotten used to it, but this may have caused me to do the dumbest thing I've ever done in PvP earlier. I accidentally pressed X when I wanted to jump and completely wasted my super right after spawn, and I was playing on my Titan so I couldn't even try to make it work.

There is no video, but there is a witness.

I still do this from time to time, it just takes time to reprogram the muscle memory.

Frenden

Banned
¯_(ツ)_/¯

I've been playing Destiny since (near) day one. Disappointment comes with the territory.

I'm riding high on a just-got-Fatebringer-after-1000s-of-hours wave of happy right now.

For the next week, Bungie can do no wrong in my eyes. Total fanboy mode for at least that long.

Lnkn52

I prefer to just set my expectations modestly and sometimes get pleasantly surprised.
Then I'm not that far off then. Bungie forgot to tell us that Skolas had a brother and he carried some bounty for some rare weapon called Fate of all fools.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for anyone who could help me bust out a win in Trials. Shiny boots!

If I can manage to snag them for my Warlock I'll switch to my Hunter and help others throughout the night as much as possible.

zewone

What the best new Exotic quest? Like the best usable gun.

Bow.

msLPJio.gif

Frenden

Banned
Some PoE boss/ultra encounter adjustments would be rad.

Discarding synths when not in combat zones would be great.

Key farming made less time intensive would be good.

I don't expect much else.

Alright, I'm pretty rusty still (haven't played since November), but I'd like to try lvl 32 PoE again tonight. Anyone willing to help out?

PSN: saveweyard

Ganhyun

You aren't getting an answer for two reasons

1) it's pretty exlploitative.

2) it's virtually impossible to do anymore due to iron banner going live 6 hours later in the day.

I suggest you drop it.

No need to be a dick. I see people transferring checkpoints and such all the time and you dont act like this to them.

They implemented a fix.

I suspect it's also why Trials starts at 10AM.

The fix didn't work.

It worked last IB because members on this board were posting that they did it. I don't remember them being criticized.

It does, same as how the reset trick still works.

Yeah at least one very well known poster put up a picture of themselves with a IB helmet and full IB armor at around 10:02am pst.

As proven with this post.

Sorry. I'm coming off way more negative about it than I'm meaning to. I'm stuck on mobile for the next four hours during overtime and I've already noticed that I feel like my vocabulary is restricted.

Apologies.

Good to see you apologized.

noomi

Hey guys, I am starting a PoE 34 now... but wait! It's not like the other PoE's you've done!

We will essentially be farming the last boss for quick points to complete the elder cipher. So we kill him and then quickly wipe and do it over again until we have enough points.

So! I will need one guardian to join on on this journey. Whose with me?

Zocano

Some PoE boss/ultra encounter adjustments would be rad.

Honestly I want all the sub-35 bosses to be like Qodron. It's a really fun fight and a smart way to implement mechanics that's not just "jump around every 30 seconds".

Both Valus Tau'urg and Urrox are rather disappointing. Hope the other two are much better and more like Qodron.

We will essentially be farming the last boss for quick points to complete the elder cipher. So we kill him and then quickly wipe and do it over again until we have enough points.

Does the Elder Cipher only have one roll for you to drop? Like if you don't get it from the 34/35 kill that week then you gotta try next week? That's what I've heard.

That is, I can not simply farm out the 34 kill under I get the drop?

Sorry. I'm coming off way more negative about it than I'm meaning to. I'm stuck on mobile for the next four hours during overtime and I've already noticed that I feel like my vocabulary is restricted.

Apologies.

Appreciate it. I only asked because one of the leaders of this community told me he did the trick last IB. Just trying to follow the Meta.

I hate Mega Mules and other cheaters, too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Appreciate it. I only asked because one of the leaders of this community told me he did the trick last IB. Just trying to follow the Meta.

I hate Mega Mules and other cheaters, too.
if it counts for anything, i think the IB reset trick is rather shitty. :p

Rubenov

If I can manage to snag them for my Warlock I'll switch to my Hunter and help others throughout the night as much as possible.

Me and Trace will get you more than boots. Will do after we finish with Bombastico

So it appears at least to me that POE will have more longevity than the raids.

Maybe it was a good thing to break yup the monotony.

Really? I have completed POE 35 twice (last boss only, I have never seen rounds 1-5) and don't think I will run it ever again. six clears of 32/34 (3x twice), no runs at all of TOO, have given me 34 on all my chars and enough etheric light for the weapons I really care about.

At this point all I'm doing in Destiny is PVPing for fun with friends (crucible) and starting to edge my character reps and marks for the next xpac. I'll probably switch to playing witcher 3 full time pretty soon. I thought TDB had a lot more longevity, simply because it was ~4 weeks of running normal crota for drops and then another 3-4 weeks of HM crota for drops. Artificial longevity admittedly, but I enjoyed crota way, way, way more than POE.

Trakan

I'm guessing the update will just fix treasure key farming and maybe adjust their drop rate.

Anyone think the IB weapons will drop as frequent as the new crucible weapons do?

Ok is anyone experiencing high amounts of quitters right now on Xbox One? Just had 3 matches in a row where people quit out before the match has even started...

edit: and it's happened probably 50% of the matches I've played tonight

X-Frame

What's the best weapon to pick up from the Vanguard Quartermaster?

I have enough marks to buy something, but I have no idea what to choose.

The Pulse Rifle and Scout Rifle seem like the front runners.

noomi

Does the Elder Cipher only have one roll for you to drop? Like if you don't get it from the 34/35 kill that week then you gotta try next week? That's what I've heard.

That is, I can not simply farm out the 34 kill under I get the drop?

Yeah I think it's just one drop per week, although I might be mistaken....

Hey guys, I am starting a PoE 34 now... but wait! It's not like the other PoE's you've done!

So! I will need one guardian to join on on this journey. Whose with me?

Can he drop the bounty also, or only Skola? I've been trying to do 34 all day, but no takers. My warlock is only 33 though, I'll join if you don't mind.

I can help if you guys need another. I also looking for boots for my Titan. Tried yesterday but could only manage 4 wins. One win I could help you with though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom