• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any piece of legendary armour become 42 light now via ascending? So say I like the look of an old VoG helmet, can I now make that the max light level? I salvaged that stuff ages ago assuming it wouldn't be relevant again but if this is the case then I'm going to farm VoG again right now lol

Lima

So Trials wasn't fun. I think we lost like 1 round and not a single match on all 3 characters. That may not sound bad to people who don't play much PvP and just want to get the loot but it bored me to tears. Hopefully they make Elimination available as a game type outside of ToO cause the game mode itself is a lot of fun. Could be a lot of fun as sweaties. Stomping blueberries 5-0 pretty much every match and rounds lasting like 20 seconds? Not my idea of fun.

DNAbro

Well with Trials of Osiris being out and incredibly fun, patrols being more interesting with Queen's Wrath, Prison of Elders being crazy and pretty fun, new maps being good, improvements to leveling up gear with tons of options now, and with the lore getting a bit more interesting; I say this is way way better than Dark Below even without the raid.

This would be amazing if it also had a raid but now I don't entirely care. Bungie had one job with this DLC and it was to get me back on board and make sure that they had a vision for the future of Destiny and it made me think they are finally figuring everything out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is radiant dance machine a worthy item for a hunter? PvP seems like a good fit. Opinions?

Wallach

it makes the noise

i gotta have it

Can any piece of legendary armour become 42 light now via ascending? So say I like the look of an old VoG helmet, can I now make that the max light level? I salvaged that stuff ages ago assuming it wouldn't be relevant again but if this is the case then I'm going to farm VoG again right now lol

Yep! Any purple gear piece can be ascended to max stats.

TRIALS IS THE SHIT. This is the best thing in the expansion, we went 9 and 0 with a random and absolutely killed it. The mode is so intense and gripping, my hands were shaking after a really close 4 to 4 match. I can't wait to get back into it next week or with a different character. Trials has to be the best thing added in HoW.

fdsYWlC.jpg

Love it. Me and my friend are also looking for someone for 32 PoE, just to do a quick and clean run. Message me on XBL: TDG Lyceius

it makes the noise

i gotta have it

Yep! Any purple gear piece can be ascended to max stats.

Oh wow. That is awesome. For some reason I thought it as only HoW gear and exotics. Now we have a tonne more options for stats and how we want our guardians to look.

Back to VoG to re farm the armour lol(and hopefully a vex)

spyder_ur

How did hunters without a titan bubble survive Urrox? We're doing OK, and I as a Warlock can hang, but we've got twohunters and a lock.

Mindlog

Still need one more for 35 Prison of Elders.

How did hunters without a titan bubble survive Urrox? We're doing OK, and I as a Warlock can hang.
It's not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just double jump and stack armor/regen.

In case of emergency a mask with health on orb pickup comes in handy. Pretty easy to generate one or two orbs there.

Wallach

How did hunters without a titan bubble survive Urrox? We're doing OK, and I as a Warlock can hang, but we've got twohunters and a lock.

You might want to try going for a mass orb generation strategy, having the Warlock generate as many orbs as possible and having the Hunters use their supers during rage. If they're Gunslingers they can probably squeeze in a kill or two with golden gun while they're jumping around and create some more orbs. Health regen on orb pick up can help so you can start recovering the second it ends if you leave a few orbs as well.

Edit - wait do Hunters even get mitigation during GG, or just BD? They may be able to just use BD anyway and extend hang time swingin' towards the pillar or something.

noomi

Well at least I got the damn trials chest piece, I fear a 9-0 will not be achievable for me without getting carried by some good players.

Daemul

So Trials wasn't fun. I think we lost like 1 round and not a single match on all 3 characters. That may not sound bad to people who don't play much PvP and just want to get the loot but it bored me to tears. Hopefully they make Elimination available as a game type outside of ToO cause the game mode itself is a lot of fun. Could be a lot of fun as sweaties. Stomping blueberries 5-0 pretty much every match and rounds lasting like 20 seconds? Not my idea of fun.

I was just typing up a post about this but you've already done it for me. I went into ToO thinking that it was going to be completely hardcore and every game was going to be close, but it ended up with my mates and I curbstomping every team we came across. There were times where I was wondering whether we were actually playing ToO and not regular crucible instead, because the quality of the players was no different.

The lack of proper coordination in 99% of the teams we faced was laughable, almost as if we were playing randoms who had just met each other on DestinyLFG, which is probably the case mind you since nearly everyone on the LFG sites seems to be looking to play some ToO, but this has just led easy win after easy win for us.

Isn't this what the lack of MM for ToO was meant to avoid, constant streams of teams made up of randoms coming in only to be the cannon fodder of properly coordinated teams? If so then it isn't working.

Ken

Still need one more for 35 Prison of Elders.

It's not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Just double jump and stack armor/regen.

In case of emergency a mask with health on orb pickup comes in handy. Pretty easy to generate one or two orbs there.

Sent you a msg,

skip

best Destiny day I think I've ever had:

Ascended a bunch of exotic armor
Exotic Engram #1: The Ram
Exotic Engram #2: Glasshouse, the last pre-HoW exotic armor I was missing.
PoE 28 - 1: No Land Beyond
PoE 28 - 2: 4th Horseman
PoE 28 - 3: HAWKMOON

and a bunch of new purple weapons that don't seem as good as my Secret Handshakes and One Way Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom