• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrazilla

Anyone up to run either a Level 32 Broken Legion POE for my Hunter or Trials with
my Level 33 Titan?

PS4/PSN Kaijuseijin

spyder_ur

Cleared the 34 PoE as all 33s with two hunters and a warlock. Was fun figuring out that fight with that group.

Went for the Judgment's chance and pulled the Wolves' Leash (scout) which I guess is not rerollable?

i agree with lima. trials is really easy when the team is stacked. wish it had ranked matchmaking.

anyway im gonna take a break from trials and head onto skola.

noomi

Managed 6-3

Will try for better tomorrow, I feel a big relief knowing that I at least got the chest armor though.

Would love to see mercury one day!

spyder_ur

I am really curious as to what ToO looks like in a few weeks. It seems this game has never had an event that gated the elite players in this way. Winning several games against what are now pretty damn good PvP teams is difficult, especially in a mode where most casual players haven't seen something similar.

I found my time (4 wins one time, 6 another, no success another time) both intense and very frustrating and it annoys me that I'll probably never see what seem to be the best guns in the game.

I'll give it another few spins, but I'm not sure I'm sold either on the game mode itself nor the implications for loot. I wish both of the end game modes of this DLC weren't 3 players, as well.

But I respect that it's very cool for the diehard PvPers in this game to have something to go to.

I do suspect that Bungie finds a way to lessen the effect of not being amazing at PvP to keep people interested in this mode, but we'll see.

nOoblet16

Yeah.... Really sucks ass when you get annihilated. It's so fun!
He said when the team is stacked.
Whenever you lose it's either because your team isn't good or your team can't find a way to work together despite having good players. Even an avg team can win if they have good coordination.

KyleP29

i agree with lima. trials is really easy when the team is stacked. wish it had ranked matchmaking.

anyway im gonna take a break from trials and head onto skola.

Or even if it based off what your ticket looked like. If you had 6 wins on your ticket it would try and match you with a group that was also 6+ on their ticket. Make things progressively more difficult, and more interesting.

spyder_ur

How about the boons? Can I play a few rounds and see if things are clicking, then go to the reef and pick up "the next win counts as two?

Yes. In fact, I activated it before my first game, lost, and later went back to the reef and gambled on it again to get to the silver level rewards (won 5 and 6 on that game) That was intense.

nOoblet16

How about the boons? Can I play a few rounds and see if things are clicking, then go to the reef and pick up "the next win counts as two?
Yup, that's exactly what I've started doing now. Don't want to waste coins only to realise after first or second match that nothing's working. I will probably buy the buffs when I am 5 wins in.

SgtCobra

Thanks a bunch, so yeah team communication is a must. It's gonna be difficult for me to pull that off as I have 0 real life friends who play this game anymore so my only option is to go to that LFG site and see what sticks. It's not really a necessity for me to reach that chest in Mercury though. I only want the handcannon and sniper rifle but not that much haha.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hopefully I can roll those three helmets with 200+ motes I have.

I'm up for key farming. I think this is going to be a common thing. Farming is actually fun with certain people and I usually hate it with most games.

Actually I'm down for three weeklies too. Haven't done them yet.

Lima

Or even if it based off what your ticket looked like. If you had 6 wins on your ticket it would try and match you with a group that was also 6+ on their ticket. Make things progressively more difficult, and more interesting.

This is such a simple and great idea I am not sure how it could get past Bungie. Oh wait. Oh man I would give an arm and a leg right now to even get one match as close as the one during the reveal stream was.

Would but can't. Promised my lil bro he could play Witcher 3 on my PS4.

I haven't had any luck in getting the Elder Cipher to drop for me so far. :(

B-b-but the sniper fusion combo is what I always wanted!

You've had more 'luck' in the game than any one of us. Quit yer whining! :)

He said when the team is stacked.
Whenever you lose it's either because your team isn't good or your team can't find a way to work together despite having good players. Even an avg team can win if they have good coordination.

An avg team can not beat a top tier team even with communication.

Destiny withdrawal is getting too intense. Finally time to unpack the goods. Hopefully some ToO and/or Skolastic Achievements going down.

From my crucible and IB experience, far too many people play very silently

Yep, a big +1 to this. Voice comms are way more important for PvP than most PvE since it's much more dynamic and variable. Lots of people can't/don't like to talk on mic which is totally fine but doesn't work with competitive play.

try to keep cool and crack jokes. Ironically, I am the worst person to give this advice because I get annoyed when I lose lol.

I'm definitely biased as a major rager myself, but it never bothers me if people get intense or fired up while playing. As long as it's about being focused and engaged with the game, not personal insults (which I've never experienced anyway), I appreciate people's passion. Also, I hate losing to an unhealthy degree lol.

Yes. In fact, I activated it before my first game, lost, and later went back to the reef and gambled on it again to get to the silver level rewards (won 5 and 6 on that game) That was intense.

Yup, that's exactly what I've started doing now. Don't want to waste coins only to realise after first or second match that nothing's working. I will probably buy the buffs when I am 5 wins in.

Nice! Five sound like a good number. From now on, intermission at five wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom