• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous decision to lock elemental primaries behind the hardest mode of PVP. Elements are irrelevant in pvp.

Yeah I kinda agree with this. At least they could've made elemental primaries a guaranteed drop from PoE35 to compensate PvE only players. On the other hand it is nice to see a reward that seems to be worth it from going flawless. Anyway considering the amount of carrying this awesome community can do, everyone should have an elemental primary soon :)

Wat. A Solar Hand Cannon?

Yessir, the Jewel of Osiris adept version with solar. Ofcourse it dropped right after I ascended VoC but I can't complain.

Wat. A Solar Hand Cannon?

It can roll with any of the three elements. Everyone wants solar because it's the first of its kind.

This beauty:

All PVP perks though.

To hell with everyone that says the Thorn bounty is easy. I'm doing it with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker, and Truth, and it's so fucking hard. And I'm good at PvP! I'm just terrible with hand cannons and can never get a kill with WoC. My K/D drops dramatically. :-(

Word of crota is pretty lame for pvp, try to get most kills with special and heavy.

Marvel

could never
I've been playing trials with a 32 warlock alt, it's fine you know... thought I'd get wrecked. But using maxed out TLW and other decent weapons gives me more than enough wiggle room.

raindoc

It can roll with any of the three elements. Everyone wants solar because it's the first of its kind.

This beauty:

All PVP perks though.

Word of crota is pretty lame for pvp, try to get most kills with special and heavy.

I've seen it, just didn't know it came in different elements. Goddamn. This hurts.

If you're on PS4 :(

No Unstable or Zoba version on XB1?
I think it is pretty doable without a PvP pro, as long as you play as a team. I did it with 3 teams and I won't consider us PvP pro's. All that we had was great communication, nobody rushed in alone and we kept our distance from shotguns.

Ken

To hell with everyone that says the Thorn bounty is easy. I'm doing it with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker, and Truth, and it's so fucking hard. And I'm good at PvP! I'm just terrible with hand cannons and can never get a kill with WoC. My K/D drops dramatically. :-(

Just spam a special weapon with void. No one ever picks up special ammo in regular crucible.

Sky Walker

Believe it or not, I did this part with Atheon Epilogue. It was hell itself. Bungie should give a gold medallion or something.

The pvp is where it's at, stupidly enough.

Bungie dropped the ball on PvE.

I tried ToO and enjoyed it, but I got my ass handed to me naturally. Now that I've completed all the PVE stuff and only have the treasure key/etheric light RNG grind ahead, I kinda feel like my honeymoon period with House of Wolves has come to a sudden end.

I tried ToO and enjoyed it, but I got my ass handed to me naturally. Now that I've completed all the PVE stuff and only have the treasure key/etheric light RNG grind ahead, I kinda feel like my honeymoon period with House of Wolves has come to a sudden end.

I would say get Unstable to carry you, but there's no fun in that. There's rotating arenas next week I suppose, and new bounties.

Ryck

Pretty much nailed exactly how im feeling.

Is there any good pvper who can help me out in ToO. I'm slightly above average pvper but massively struggling to make it to five wins. I'm currently sat on a card that is 4/2. I just want the armour, and if really lucky the weapon drop.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
blade of crota respawn timer is bugged or what? these things don't want to appear at all on cosmodrome. I have two Erin bounties that involves them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I tried that, but I just wasn't getting enough kills that way. I switched to Control (was playing Skirmish before cause it's my fave PvP) and that's going better, but still slow.

No Unstable or Zoba version on XB1?
I think it is pretty doable without a PvP pro, as long as you play as a team. I did it with 3 teams and I won't consider us PvP pro's. All that we had was great communication, nobody rushed in alone and we kept our distance from shotguns.
I've played with mostly good folks so far, but haven't had much luck. I played five matches today and didn't get a single win. Got some armor drops to get me to 33 at least!

blade of crota respawn timer is bugged or what? these things don't want to appear at all on cosmodrome. I have two Erin bounties that involves them.

I was trying to do the one on the moon the other day and he never came. Wondering if the new wolf thing is stopping the sword of crota from spawning now.

Edit: above

The treasure key grind is probably the worst part of the expansion. After the amount of work it took me to kill Skolas the first time, I can't do that without a key for my other 2 chars like I originally was going to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Tons of people feel the same way. My biggest disappointment is the dozens of new weapons being worst than the ones I'm already carrying. I'm expected to do all this new content to get these new shiny weapons but what's the point other than just to get them?

KxoZz

Any Quests involving the Blades of Crota you can do by simply loading up the Fist of Crota mission on Earth. Saves a lot of time.

I tried that, but I just wasn't getting enough kills that way. I switched to Control (was playing Skirmish before cause it's my fave PvP) and that's going better, but still slow.

I've played with mostly good folks so far, but haven't had much luck. I played five matches today and didn't get a single win. Got some armor drops to get me to 33 at least!

Switch to clash or rumble, there are way more randoms in there than in control. You may have better luck.

Zocano

Zoba, don't want to keep anyone waiting, just wondering if we're gonna go soon. Sorry for being pushy, just with girlfriend watching shows and don't know when I'd have to stop to actually play.

The treasure key grind is probably the worst part of the expansion. After the amount of work it took me to kill Skolas the first time, I can't do that without a key for my other 2 chars like I originally was going to.

Currently the emblem/shader/ship from Skolas' chest only drops for one character, so don't stress. Have to wait until it is fixed.

Marvel

could never
I've only ever found one key, and it was inside a mini chest from poe. No luck with the wolf farming in explore.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
They were removed in the update. Have to farm them on fist of crota mission if you have TDB

They don't spawn anymore. Just do the first DB story mission on Earth. Takes like 5 mins

I was trying to do the one on the moon the other day and he never came. Wondering if the new wolf thing is stopping the sword of crota from spawning now.

Edit: above

Any Quests involving the Blades of Crota you can do by simply loading up the Fist of Crota mission on Earth. Saves a lot of time.

what about the bounty that involves using a blade on earth to kill hive?

I've only ever found one key, and it was inside a mini chest from poe. No luck with the wolf farming in explore.

I've done about 6 hours of farming/completing Queens bounties and patrol bounties while waiting for Wolves and I've only ever had 1 key drop for me as well.

Ryck

A question for the Key Grinders, any solution to the growing collection of special weapon synths? I am starting to worry.

A question for the Key Grinders, any solution to the growing collection of special weapon synths? I am starting to worry.

Fill up your consumables and go for key farming. Keys will go to your postmaster but the synths don't. Also having the Invective bounty would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom