• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

5 wins is not that hard, try doing it yourself with a team and see how you go. With the buffs, you just need 3 wins and can take 3 losses.
Tried and failed 3 times. The last one I was 4-0 and lost 3 straight. That was on Friday, haven't played since. I was mostly kidding I doubt I'll touch TOO again too much tension and heartbreak for a scrub like me.

I wonder how many other pve'rs like myself feel kind of disillusioned by seeing all these pvp guys getting all the best gear and drops.

Tried and failed 3 times. The last one I was 4-0 and lost 3 straight. That was on Friday, haven't played since. I was mostly kidding I doubt I'll touch TOO again too much tension and heartbreak for a scrub like me.

I wonder how many other pve'rs like myself feel kind of disillusioned by seeing all these pvp guys getting all the best gear and drops.

Well, most of the gear has perks for PVP. So, you're not missing out on much if you don't play crucible.

Is there a link or does anyone know how the rewards work in ToO? I know flawless gets you to the chest but what if you go 9-1 or 5-3 or even 0-3?

gear ships shaders and emblems drop anytime while you play. you get other stuff from cashing in wins. its only the elemental primaries that are exclusive to the lighthouse chest afaik

gear ships shaders and emblems drop anytime while you play. you get other stuff from cashing in wins. its only the elemental primaries that are exclusive to the lighthouse chest afaik

Ok so I assume your passage coin gets the amount of wins attached to it then you go give it to an NPC; can you stack them for better rewards at all?

I didn't have time to finish my run so didn't get to see how it all worked.

Is there a link or does anyone know how the rewards work in ToO? I know flawless gets you to the chest but what if you go 9-1 or 5-3 or even 0-3?

9-0 gets you to the chest on Mercury, 9-1 you can buy every reward Vance has, same as for 9-2 and 8-3 iirc (Gold Tier, Weapon, Silver Tier, chest piece and two blue rewards). 5-3 will get you the chest piece and the two blue rewards. No rewards though for going 0-3.

Bizazedo

I know the current strat for Skolas is to blow the shit out of him with Gjallahorn, but that fight is so stupid if you have to do it "legit".

Sky Walker

Is anyone wants doing ToO right now and has a free place ? let me know. I want to get Etheric Light prizes but I wouldn't mind try doing a 9-0 run. Not a great PvP player but I don't suck :p.

GutZ31

I know the current strat for Skolas is to blow the shit out of him with Gjallahorn, but that fight is so stupid if you have to do it "legit".
The amount of damage he eats without so much as flinching is unnatural.
I was asked to join with a group I regularly play with to help finish Skolas; they had been at it for at least 5-6 hours.
When I got in, it was my first time, so I made sure to ask for the strategies we would be deploying for the fight.
First try, we down him.
Rush over to the first mine, all together and at the 1 second mark, the mine breaks, falls apart, and about 2 seconds later, we see the screen darken, and hear "you fail, guardian".
We spent about an hour trying to recreate our first down of him, becuase all of a sudden, he's teleporting on top of us every single time, no matter what we did. Stomped, shot with rockets, or blown up by our own rockets.

This fight takes so long, and forces you to eat, and wait on heavy ammo synths at about 10 minutes every time you wipe.
I'm sure there is a legit way of doing this fight, but as I saw, it would just be running around for your life, hoping not to be one shot'd.

First two times gave me the arc hand cannon, third time gave me the solar version. I was pretty happy with that. Hits like a truck as well, used it for a PoE32 fun run. Wouldn't mind the pulse rifle with void next week :)

Ridiculous decision to lock elemental primaries behind the hardest mode of PVP. Elements are irrelevant in pvp.

raindoc

First two times gave me the arc hand cannon, third time gave me the solar version. I was pretty happy with that. Hits like a truck as well, used it for a PoE32 fun run. Wouldn't mind the pulse rifle with void next week :)

Wat. A Solar Hand Cannon?

raining_david_tennant.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
To hell with everyone that says the Thorn bounty is easy. I'm doing it with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker, and Truth, and it's so fucking hard. And I'm good at PvP! I'm just terrible with hand cannons and can never get a kill with WoC. My K/D drops dramatically. :-(

SaganIsGOAT

If I were to start the game today and only install HoW DLC, how long should I guesstimate it will take me to reach 28 to be able to play the HoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom