• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Deku Tree

Keep or re-roll?

Her benevolence (queens sniper)
Solar damage

Shortgaze
Rodeo
Injection mold
Unflinching

reposting for new page
(Only thing better would be to replace rodeo with hidden hand but I'm not sure how good is hidden hand anyway)

LTWood12

You're god damn right.

No, LT. No we didn't.

Crap, I forgot to check my mail too xD

Yeah....

FFS, this game. I have a rather busy day at work today. I have to, you know, interact with other human beings. And yet all I'm going to be thinking about is how to more effectively destroy the Kell of Kells. What I can do to get us to break the Servitor bonds more quickly and what would ease the chaos once the Devouring Essence starts. Holy crap.

I can ascend one more thing to help during this fight. Is the consensus that all 3 snipers is better than 2 snipers and 1 shotgun? I have a spear I can ascend as well, but I seemed to do fairly well once I equipped the shotty.

Facepalm on my part as well... early on (like our first or second attempt) I remembered I had the Void Jewel of Osiris on my Hunter to transfer over, then promptly forgot for the rest of our attempts leaving me with a 300 Word of Crota the whole time. stupid brain.

I can carry ya'll on my back tonight.

The more of it I experience, the more disappointed I am in the new Exotic bounty.

The entire bounty (sans the waiting section) seems to just have you repeat every step.

Play PoE to get the quest. 34 or 35
Play PoE to get they Key. 32, 34, or 35
Wait
Play PoE to get points. 28, 32, 34, or 35

Whats more is that the progression is backwards. Why does every step open up access to an easier section of PoE. Why isn't this shit going backwards? Wouldn't that feel more progressive at least?

Imagine something more like this:

1. Obtain Elder Cipher from Level 28 boss.
  2. Obtain Queen Cipher from level 32 (or higher) chest.
  3. Defeat 3 Unique Bosses in PoE* (Does not Include Skolas)
  4. Defeat Skolas

*I threw this in there instead of the stupid waiting quest because this is a perfect substitute for waiting. This way you have to wait for the weekly reset to roll over to get access to a 3rd unique boss encounter. So week 1 would be the 32 and 34, and week 2 would be the 34.

Finally I ditched the points, because Exotic bounties feel so much more rewarding if you actually have to do something challenging to earn them. So how about actually killing Skolas for it.

I don't know... the whole thing just feel so unsatisfying.

Tawpgun

IB weapons are non elemental and need ascending.

Gear has to be ascended and there's gear with better perks.

The hunter cape is sick.... but the stupid collar ruins it.

Gonna have to do the ol hard pass on Iron Banner. I enjoy Salvage. Skirmish is alright. I love the intensity and gameplay of Trials Elimination.

But 6v6 Destiny PvP is just horrendous. So much bullshit going on all the time. Can't do it. If I had my way I'd create a barebones playlist. I'd also make 3 v 3 the standard experience with 6 v 6 being combined arms. The BTB of the Destiny world.

Side note: Kellhunters Hood, the Prison of Elders cape..... wtf is that color scheme. I thought it was a shader at first but it isnt affected by shaders. It's red (which I don't mind) but with a light blue symbol on it. Looks dumb. Would love it it was affected by shaders since I like the cape

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I stopped playing Destiny a while back. I know I had fun, but I was like that's now. Now days though for some reason I feel like getting the DLCs and getting back to it. Are the DLCs worth it?

LTWood12

thanks Falifax for the invite:

2 minutes of work and a...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

no land beyond

I got one too! Sharded my old 302 one at least. Nightfalls since the expansion have been nothing but exotic dupes for me. This week Mida, Sunbreakers, and NLB.

Deku Tree

The more of it I experience, the more disappointed I am in the new Exotic bounty.

The entire bounty (sans the waiting section) seems to just have you repeat every step.

Wait

Whats more is that the progression is backwards. Why does every step open up access to an easier section of PoE. Why isn't this shit going backwards? Wouldn't that feel more progressive at least?

4. Defeat Skolas

*I threw this in there instead of the stupid waiting quest because this is a perfect substitute for waiting. This way you have to wait for the weekly reset to roll over to get access to a 3rd unique boss encounter. So week 1 would be the 32 and 34, and week 2 would be the 34.

Finally I ditched the points, because Exotic bounties feel so much more rewarding if you actually have to do something challenging to earn them. So how about actually killing Skolas for it.

Now you just do a few queens bounties to get a key.
Also if you do PoE backwards, i.e. First do 35 then do 34 then 32, then you'll have the best chance to not have to do any extra grinding with regards to the bounties.

I grinded Lord of Wolves but I got two more Elder Cypher bounties this week and I'm just gonna wait until next week and maybe the week after to finish up the bounties. No reason to grind extra each week for two weapons that I'm not even super excited about anyway.

hydruxo

Wait

4. Defeat Skolas

I've been waiting 4 days for Variks to summon me. That whole step is just bullshit because there's nothing you can do but wait. They really went the lazy route with this bounty.

Ugh wish I wasn't stuck at work today. So much destiny to do.

For reals! My dumbass stayed up playing until like 430am and been at work since 630am without sleeping. I didn't get home until like 10pm yesterday so I always feels like I have too much to catch up on and took advantage of it. Now I'm regretting it

only my eyes and brain are regretting it because damnit it was a lot of fun

What's up with 80+ people PSN group messages. I hate getting those notifications but I don't know how to prevent from being added to these random groups.

For reals! My dumbass stayed up playing until like 430am and been at work since 630am without sleeping. I didn't get home until like 10pm yesterday so I always feels like I have too much to catch up on and took advantage of it. Now I'm regretting it

only my eyes and brain are regretting it because damnit it was a lot of fun

Oh geez guy, that's a bit much. Good luck at work today.
As for myself, I get to play in traffic today collecting donations for MDA

E92 M3

I stopped playing Destiny a while back. I know I had fun, but I was like that's now. Now days though for some reason I feel like getting the DLCs and getting back to it. Are the DLCs worth it?

House of Wolves was a fantastic addition. I play everyday because there is so much to do.

Deku Tree

What's up with 80+ people PSN group messages. I hate getting those notifications but I don't know how to prevent from being added to these random groups.

You can (1) turn off notifications on your mobile and/or on your PS4.
And you can (2) delete the huge group threads so you get taken out of them anyway.

Oh geez guy, that's a bit much. Good luck at work today.
As for myself, I get to play in traffic today collecting donations for MDA

Haha damn. Thanks, you too - Friday is so close but so far away

UbXTGPQ.jpg

Since there are so few Xbox one users in this thread do you guys think it would be a good idea to get a list of active users going? This would make it a little easier for us Xboxers to get groups going.

Thoughts?

E92 M3

Since there are so few Xbox one users in this thread do you guys think it would be a good idea to get a list of active users going? This would make it a little easier for us Xboxers to get groups going.

Thoughts?

Checkout the OP for the link to join the Bad to Xbone link, which is an xbox group full of people just like you!

Or click here

Lnkn52

Checkout the OP for the link to join the Bad to Xbone link, which is an xbox group full of people just like you!

Or click here

Check the OP or here.

There is already a list in the op.

LOL, REALLY. We're a bunch of noobs.

noomi

ruthles is waving the messenger in my face

:p

WANT WANT

It looks really good as well, I'm very impressed with all the ToO weapons.

Number one on the list though, solar jewel of the osiris.

Hah, yeah I got invited into one yesterday, but it's more of an organized chat where people ask for help...etc

You can always delete the thread, and it will remove you from it, cant really stop people from including you in it though unless you mess around with the privacy settings on the PS4.

Atone13

Man I'm eager to give 35 PoE a try, but with all this talk of needing a high impact sniper has got me worried. I've got 3 fully leveled void weapons but my sniper has pretty low impact. Might just wait one more week.

I can carry ya'll on my back tonight.

Please help us. we were making progress, but it got later and later and just couldn't finish him.
any advice you can provide for tactics? i think hawkian, kreepmode and i were getting the process down... just didn't have enough time finish the job... :(

Abylim

Rank 5 on one character, now for the second!

How much easier is it to get to 5 now, that I have one there? I read something about me getting more rep on my lower ranked guys, true?

Top Bottom