• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

that's exactly what we did, except we did use a weapons of light bubble right up front for the initial damage. thing is I was using a shotgun and not a sniper and now I'm trying to decide which to ascend before our attempt tonight. all 3 people with snipers is best?

While shotgun strat works when its arc due to 4H being a beast and rapid autofire, there really aren't any comparable (damage wise) void shotguns afaik. Even rerolled party crasher, judgement, etc don't come close overall damage wise.

For sniper rifles I would really recommend no one in the party using praedyths revenge, the damage differential is insane. A 365 LDR with WOL buff does ~8700 dmg per shot to Skolas, nearly 12k with final round. A 365 praedyth is closer to 5600 dmg. While 3x praedyth can get him to 50% easy during the servitor buff, 3x LDR or Efrideet's spear (slightly more damage than LDR) can basically get very close to killing him in the same time. Her benevolance is "ok" but with no possibility of field scout and less impact than LDR its only slightly better than praedyths.

Its totally doable with 3x praedyths but you need a lot of skill (and luck) in spending a lot more time with mines and juggling the poison, whereas with 3x combo of LDR/efrideets you can get him to 5% when the first mine countdown is at 10 secs, and hopefully one person runs off to mine while the other two finish skolas off with HMGs.

Okay, thanks. I was considering it a success if we got him under 75% with that first burn so snipers definitely seems like the way to go. I should be able to max out and ascend my spear before it's time. Looking back on it now... his head is so easy to crit,and the stagger was incredibly helpful. That plus my void Jewel, and he's going down.

CM was tearing shit up throughout, ELight well spent there.

I'm so mad I've never gotten a Corrective Measure. I've got a void jolder's hammer, but I'd rather use a light on a corrective measure.

LTWood12

While shotgun strat works when its arc due to 4H being a beast and rapid autofire, there really aren't any comparable (damage wise) void shotguns afaik. Even rerolled party crasher, judgement, etc don't come close overall damage wise.

For sniper rifles I would really recommend no one in the party using praedyths revenge, the damage differential is insane. A 365 LDR with WOL buff does ~8700 dmg per shot to Skolas, nearly 12k with final round. A 365 praedyth is closer to 4800 dmg. While 3x praedyth can get him to 50% easy during the servitor buff, 3x LDR or Efrideet's spear (slightly more damage than LDR) can basically get very close to killing him in the same time. Her benevolance is "ok" but with no possibility of field scout and less impact than LDR its only slightly better than praedyths.

Its totally doable with 3x praedyths but you need a lot of skill (and luck) in spending a lot more time with mines and juggling the poison, whereas with 3x combo of LDR/efrideets you can get him to 5% when the first mine countdown is at 10 secs, and hopefully one person runs off to mine while the other two finish skolas off with HMGs.

That Praedyth's damage number can''t be right. I was using it w/out weapons of light and getting around 4200 damage. Weapons of light should put it around 5600 w/ the illuminated buff.

Quick question for PS4 streamers.

Is there any way to not have that framed black area around my screen while I'm streaming? It feels weird to play with only 45 of my 52 inches.

Possibly a stupid question... Can we use the emblem, shader and class item from the last iron banner for boosting rep this time round? Or do we have to buy a whole new set for the boosts?

noomi

Quick question for PS4 streamers.

Is there any way to not have that framed black area around my screen while I'm streaming? It feels weird to play with only 45 of my 52 inches.

Only if you turn off the display comments on screen, it should be under streaming > options > advanced options I believe. Somewhere in there.

I usually just leave twitch chat only open on my phone/tablet, so that way I can still communicate with people and see whose in there.

That Praedyth's damage number can''t be right. I was using it w/out weapons of light and getting around 4200 damage. Weapons of light should put it around 5600 w/ the illuminated buff.

You're right it was 5600, I think 4600 was the guy who had it at 300. Still nearly 3k less dmg than LDR and efrideets is even higher, and efrideet can still roll field scout (6 per mag) although without field scout LDR is better, especially if you have final round.

LTWood12

I also had 5600 w/ illuminated.

So 8,700 x 3 for Spear per mag for a total of 26,100 (or 31,100 w/ Final Round)

5600 x 6 for Praedyth's per mag for a total of 33,600. The thing fires incredibly fast too. I hadn't used it much since the Pre-TDB days, but the ROF, mag size, and stability do a lot to make up for the lack of impact. If you aren't incredibly adept w/ sniper rifles (like myself) it's incredibly forgiving.

Only if you turn off the display comments on screen, it should be under options > advanced options i believe. Somewhere in there.

I usually just leave twitch chat only open on my phone/tablet, so that way i can still communicate with people and see whose in there.

Awesome. My PC is right next to my TV, so that works great for me.

zewone

So 8,700 x 3 for Spear per mag for a total of 26,100 (or 31,100 w/ Final Round)

5600 x 6 for Praedyth's per mag for a total of 33,600. The thing fires incredibly fast too. I hadn't used it much since the Pre-TDB days, but the ROF, mag size, and stability do a lot to make up for the lack of impact.

My Spear has a 6 round magazine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah newbie raid may throw off my ability to PoE at the scheduled time tonight...

BTW Kyne, did you and shady want to grab the spots? I was about to post the signups again.

Rasen/Rollo, you'll probably need to grab LTWood to help you out. Then hopefully I can get a group after for some late night Skolas.

Can't believe I haven't played any IB or done a Nightfall yet this week. crazy.

zewone

Can these roll different or something?

My spear has 3 rounds with Final Round and Unflinching.

Obviously the perks can be different, but I didn't think mag size could (with the exception of Field Scout or something).

Same. Field scout FTW

Also crits over 9k on Skolas with WoL.

Yeah, sorry, I meant that it has the Field Scout perk which gives it more rounds in the mag and more reserve.

Tawpgun

Skolas is a legit fun fight without bullshit burns.

I'm just worried that without any burn at all he will take far too long to kill. I wish after servitor bonds are broken you could seek out the ghost servitors still to get damage buffs on him.

I've done Skolas with a few groups - some could just burn Skolas in 1 phase, and some couldn't.

If you are going to do multiple phases, I highly suggest flipping what groups typically do (having a hunter dismantle the far 2 mines) and instead have your hunter stealth dismantle the near mine (can't have poison, obviously) while the other two players work on clearing enemies as they dismantle the mid and far mines. This eliminates Skolas as a threat, and it allows you to take advantage of your hunter both for the dismantle and for regrouping since he/she can stealth back to the team.

Once everyone is together on the far side, rotate back using the right side which will be opposite where you enter (don't be shy using some sniper or heavy ammo to be safe). There will probably be some new enemies (another wave of shanks and vandals and a captain), but once they are down, Skolas won't stand a chance.

LTWood12

Ah newbie raid may throw off my ability to PoE at the scheduled time tonight...

BTW Kyne, did you and shady want to grab the spots? I was about to post the signups again.

Rasen/Rollo, you'll probably need to grab LTWood to help you out. Then hopefully I can get a group after for some late night Skolas.

Can't believe I haven't played any IB or done a Nightfall yet this week. crazy.

Rasengan/Rollo, I'd love to help you out if I get use of the TV tonight (not sure that I will). If so I'm game, if not it'll be Remote Play Iron Banner for me.

I've got a Matador 64 with Aggressive Ballistics / Field Choke, Shot Package, Smallbore, and LitC.

My question is, since smallbore doesn't increase range as much as rifled barrel, do i need to run field choke to get to range cap, or can I afford to run aggressive ballistics even though range will not be as high as field choke?

lt519

Excellent start to Iron Banner, knocked out that ten kill streak right away. I even entered the game in late. The advantages of being home sick. But it does feel like my head is about to explode.

G5Q1kzt.png

Excellent start to Iron Banner, knocked out that ten kill streak right away. I even entered the game in late. The advantages of being home sick. But it does feel like my head is about to explode.

I was trying to get rank 3 this morning before work. All I needed was to win ONE more game. Last game. Lost by like 100 points. I was 10 rep short.

Agree, I moved to void walker so I had blink shotgun also...it's such a stupid combo but it works...wish they'd nerf it to hell along with thorn

I've been staying back with a sniper and TLW and been picking them off fairly easily. Most cases I atleast trade kills with my Warlock melee. I usually rush for B take it, then kind of step back and snipe.

Can't stand the blink/shotguns. The range needs a slight nerf. Wouldn't be so bad if the range on some of these shotguns were so far. Any shotgun up close should one shot you. But outside of a couple feet should be at least two shots.

I've got a Matador 64 with Aggressive Ballistics / Field Choke, Shot Package, Smallbore, and LitC.

My question is, since smallbore doesn't increase range as much as rifled barrel, do i need to run field choke to get to range cap, or can I afford to run aggressive ballistics even though range will not be as high as field choke?

I have a Party Crasher +1 with CQB/Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/Kneepads. It's near-perfect. It has max range, and I can slide for forever.

But I do miss that 10% damage buff Aggressive Ballistics would have given me (or even the 5% FC/Accurized gives). There are times when I almost kill dudes, and I know Aggressive would have dropped them. It hurts a little.

I'm keeping the roll, because I don't have a ton of weapon parts right now. But, if I get a Matador (or a Felwinter's from IB), I'm rerolling for better ballistics and shot package over everything else.

Top Bottom