• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

TheOddOne

Aww yiiss!
imagez3r9h.png
It pays to level up Queen's Wrath.

LTWood12

Please help us. we were making progress, but it got later and later and just couldn't finish him.

How far were ya'll getting? We did better once we decided to just do what damage we could at the start, but then to just keep moving around the outside of the map as a group as ads built up. Spent a lot of time taking out ads, then doing nominal damage to Skolas. I wasn't even using a high impact sniper. And we didn't use weapons of light either, but Blessing for the added durability. W/ 365 Praedyth's Revenge I could consistently get 5 or 6 headshots in one mag @ around 4,200 damage apiece, and 365 corrective measure if he was close up, and that would burn him up real good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How far were ya'll getting? We did better once we decided to just do what damage we could at the start, but then to just keep moving around the outside of the map as a group as ads built up. Spent a lot of time taking out ads, then doing nominal damage to Skolas. I wasn't even using a high impact sniper. And we didn't use weapons of light either, but Blessing for the added durability. W/ 365 Praedyth's Revenge I could consistently get 5 or 6 headshots in one mag @ around 4,200 damage apiece, and 365 corrective measure if he was close up, and that would burn him up real good.

that's exactly what we did, except we did use a weapons of light bubble right up front for the initial damage. thing is I was using a shotgun and not a sniper and now I'm trying to decide which to ascend before our attempt tonight. all 3 people with snipers is best?

Ganhyun

So, After doing some IB last night, friends and I did 32 and 34 with three titans.

34 boss was sooo much easier than 32 boss.

Kyne

Anyone have a formula for the rank up bonus for alts on IB? I'm rank 2 on my titan (I've played like 10 games) and yesterday I played like 3 games and got rank 2 on my hunter..

that's exactly what we did, except we did use a weapons of light bubble right up front for the initial damage. thing is I was using a shotgun and not a sniper and now I'm trying to decide which to ascend before our attempt tonight. all 3 people with snipers is best?

Group I team with used all sniper rifles yesterday and we initially burned off over 50% of his health fairly easily. I used an ascended Longjbow and CM in my heavy slot. I used CM to take down the servitor.

Edit: CM was great for clearing our adds as well.

Anyone have a formula for the rank up bonus for alts on IB? I'm rank 2 on my titan (I've played like 10 games) and yesterday I played like 3 games and got rank 2 on my hunter..

How much rep were you getting from a single win on your Hunter? and What IB gear were you wearing?

ocean

Banned
Shotgun strat looks fun but I've never gotten it to work. We had 3 snipers and an easy-mode 2 Defenders. Strat:

Run left kill servitor pop Weapons of Light and start sniping. One sentence because this is all done really fast :p Dipping into WoL bubble for reloading. The buff makes a huge difference, it's over 30% more damage. This not only downs his health more quickly but also helps keep him staggered.

By the time the mines are announced, the bubble is close to bursting. We moved left up the small stairs and popped another bubble there while our Hunter went away to cap the mines. This is the absolute trickiest part. Between your bubble running out, losing a DPS member and needing synth all at basically the same time Skolas is likely to lose his stagger and teleport in your face unless you're very quick in adapting to the situation.

towards the very end I wasn't able to snipe safely so I popped 365 Corrective Measure and unloaded everything on the bastard. Felt good.

LTWood12

We all went Sniper yes. What was your class breakdown? We had a Titan and two Sunsingers. Fireborn saved our asses at least once w/ the devouring essence mechanic. Person that needed to take it would go down, leaving the infected and immune guardians. Infected would die, but then resurrect to restart the mechanic. But it also felt like we were a bit handicapped when it came to dismantling the mines w/out invisibility.

Carl

The alt buffs for Iron Banner are great. Took me about 8 hours to get to level 3 on my main, just got to level 3 in 3 hours on an alt. Great stuff.

PuMa

The alt buffs for Iron Banner are great. Took me about 8 hours to get to level 3 on my main, just got to level 3 in 3 hours on an alt. Great stuff.

That's great news. It'll be even quicker as the Tempered buff gets larger!

Finally got a Party Crasher! Still want a Matador.

Rerolled to shot package, accurized (not aggressive), smallbore, and luck in the chamber. Thoughts?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Group I team with used all sniper rifles yesterday and we initially burned off over 50% of his health fairly easily. I used an ascended Longjbow and CM in my heavy slot. I used CM to take down the servitor.

Edit: CM was great for clearing our adds as well.
Okay, thanks. I was considering it a success if we got him under 75% with that first burn so snipers definitely seems like the way to go. I should be able to max out and ascend my spear before it's time. Looking back on it now... his head is so easy to crit,and the stagger was incredibly helpful. That plus my void Jewel, and he's going down.

CM was tearing shit up throughout, ELight well spent there.

Dave_6

Oof. Sorry, man.

Yeah, could have been rank 3 already with my Hunter and could move on to my other two. Got all weekend and tomorrow night to make it up.

Still got two NFs and Queen's bounties on all three to do, along with wanting to clear a 34 PoE. Too much to do!

LTWood12

Okay, thanks. I was considering it a success if we got him under 75% with that first burn so snipers definitely seems like the way to go. I should be able to max out and ascend my spear before it's time. Looking back on it now... his head is so easy to crit,and the stagger was incredibly helpful. That plus my void Jewel, and he's going down.

CM was tearing shit up throughout, ELight well spent there.

I'm not sure why, but I had way more luck getting critical hits consistently w/ Praedyth's Revenge then I did w/ LDR last week. Both using an Ambush Scope. Maybe it's aim assist? Not sure, but the fast ROF and 6 shots felt really good, even if I was giving up a good bit of impact. Could also be that there's pretty much no recoil w/ that gun. Just seemed to suit me a lot better. Plus firefly was nice for hitting far away groups of ads.

Top Bottom