• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Jabronium

Well, I did a couple pickup PoE 32's that took far longer than expected (although Qodron is a pretty satisfying fight, if a bit long), and wound up doing IB matchmaking for a couple hours. Got my titan to rank 2 and somehow managed to go 1.5+ K/D most matches. I was shocked. Will definitely be looking to get on a train tomorrow and push for the higher ranks!

Siaynoqq

Sorry I'm running nami now on my warlock. I lost count of my wins. Its like 14 or 15-0 right now lol.

Let me know if you want to do one later. Went 8-0 before losing two in a row earlier and it has left me hungry for that flawless! PSN: siaynoqq.

if you could find some time to spare, i'd love to see the lighthouse
but watch my gameplay in the post i made earlier (6951) before you decide.... lol

Two very general pieces of advice from watching pieces of the videos:

1. Map awareness and positioning: where are the enemies spawning? From what direction will they be headed? What sight lines are exposed or covered relative to their approach directions?

A huge point related to this is learning how to translate radar bleeps into more specific estimates for where the enemies are precisely located. Just basic radar awareness is hugely important, and learning each map will help you make this translation more quickly and accurately. Maybe that description is a little confusing so here's an example from the first video you linked:

You start at C spawn on Exodus Blue. You help cap C while 3 teammates push B, which is fine although ideally you only need 1 to hang back and cap C while 5 push to ensure B is capped. B is the key point. It'll be hotly contested every match, and it's hard to cap back if the other team controls it first. These details are more about Control mode itself so let's focus on just your play after capping C:

m6ZLNz.gif

There's a ton of stuff you can breakdown from this one play:
    • 2:47- You pushed way too far into enemy territory without teammate support (down the ramp, then up the boxy field). This type of push risks flipping spawn points and causing lots of issues for your team.
    • 2:53- Critically, you turn your back to their spawn locations by A. This is the map awareness: they started the match with A spawns and should be expected to still be spawning there.
    • 2:54- Tunnel vision on the first enemy you visually observe, which further exacerbates the earlier issues of turning your back to their spawn. Your positioning is completely exposed to their expected approach direction from your right.
    • 2:55-Radar has already indicated an enemy to your right side but you stay focused on the first enemy.
    • 2:59- ADS'ing him inside B which further prevents you from noticing on your radar the enemy approaching from their A spawn.
    • 3:03- The enemy who killed you (Jimster) was killed by your teammate earlier in the round (at 2:47). He immediately respawned at A back by the little building there, saw you out in the open, and ran straight for the shoulder charge. There's a ton of information to keep track of, but try to pay attention to the kill feed as best you can.
  2. Be unpredictable: That first point was long so here's a short one. Don't expose yourself from the same side/area of cover while repeatedly engaging an enemy. Flip around to the other side, jump on top/over it, crouch down and peak out another spot, make an aggressive move to another piece of cover entirely, etc. etc. Whatever you do, try to avoid this type of repeated peak and pop where the enemy can anticipate your next move:

KzpQ3b.gif

TsuWave

Question, can you do trials with the same character over and over and still get rewards? i just done 9-0 on my hunter and I want to go again, trying to get an elemental handcannon, but I'm not as good at pvp with my other characters so i was wondering if I could get another trials card with my hunter and go again and still get rewards??

Siaynoqq

Question, can you do trials with the same character over and over and still get rewards? i just done 9-0 on my hunter and I want to go again, trying to get an elemental handcannon, but I'm not as good at pvp with my other characters so i was wondering if I could get another trials card with my hunter and go again and still get rewards??

Only once per week with each character.

todd360

You won't get rewards until next trials with that character. You can still get random drop stuff though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i'm glad you guys haven't been losing these games I'm getting dced from, but I am also salty that I am missing the wins >_<

Siaynoqq

A buddy and I are trying to do a flawless run. We both have gotten multiple flawless runs last week. Is there a serious pvp player who wants to do it with us?

Mindlog

Got to 4 and 3/4 in Iron Banner on some roller coaster performances.
Wild shot on another engram (10+) because I didn't realize my Hunter had so many motes.

Purifier! Well now I have to do the Daily and Bounties :]

Top Bottom