• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Deku Tree

So I had 2 surgeries take place Thursday and Friday
Thursday was T10-T11 and T12-L1 Laminectomy, 6 HOUR Surgery
Then Friday was T6-T-8 Laminectomy and decompression and was a 3 hour surgery
They removed the breathing tube and drainage pipes off my back
Now it's recovery and rehab and maybe Bariatric surgery by getting a stomach sleeve placed to make me be a normal person quicker

So I survived stage 1, now onto stage 2 for recovery stage 3 rehab and finally walk again
Then get bariatric surgery. along the way to extend the recovery and rehad process

Good luck Grave!

redhot_

They don't have to nerf it into oblivion. Just lower the range some, make the reload much slower and lower the clip to 5. It'll still be great in the right hands, but take quite a hit.

This doesn't sound that bad. I would lower the range a lot personally, or maybe have only a few random bullets have the DoT.

Now it's recovery and rehab and maybe Bariatric surgery by getting a stomach sleeve placed to make me be a normal person quicker

So I survived stage 1, now onto stage 2 for recovery stage 3 rehab and finally walk again
Then get bariatric surgery. along the way to extend the recovery and rehad process

Glad to hear things are moving along well, Grave. Good luck!

Frenden

Banned

Happy to see you posting, dude! Speedy recovery!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Skolas is a raid tier fight. Considering the underleveling it certainly is a very difficult encounter to serve without checkpoints.

Mindlog

GR good to hear it's going as well as it can be so far. Hope it keeps progressing well! Get healthy bro.
This is all on you lot! You all begged for a buff back at launch. Now live (and suffer) with the monster you all created!

#Ineveraskedforthis
I did no such thing!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139779970&postcount=14183 said:
Fun games with IB GAF.

Had to dust off my Hunter for Crucible. It can reach 30 with gloves so we'll see how it goes. Got to Rank 2 relatively quickly.

I haven't used Hawkmoon Hunter in forever. Holy hell does the Hawkmoon have a deep clip. Kept reloading after a few shots because that's how I Thorn, but once I stopped doing that I started feeling it again. Now I just have to learn how to melee with the Hunter.

Still sort of surprised Thorn is getting a buff instead of just being fixed. It reminds me of the time the Piranha got buffed in ME3MP.
For those unawares the Piranha was secretly one of the most powerful weapons ever released, but no one used it and it got a BUFF before they nerfed it twice.

PS Please tone down PvE shotguns. I'm about to shard all of my PvE Fusions Rifles.

Running Skolas with randoms from LFG makes me want to slam my head into a wall. I'm telling them to help me take care of adds but everyone wants to be a hero and die in spectacular fashion to a scorch cannon or a vandal's wire rifle.

LukeSmith

Damn man, keep toughing it out. Hope all goes well.

Running Skolas with randoms from LFG makes me want to slam my head into a wall. I'm telling them to help me take care of adds but everyone wants to be a hero and die in spectacular fashion to a scorch cannon or a vandal's line gun.

Always look for people on GAF. . if there is no one on GAF then weep until GAF is active. I only had decent LFG moments when it was HM Crota and every time they needed a swordbearer and I had to do it regardless of class.

Damn man, keep toughing it out. Hope all goes well.

With all these well wishes being sent Grave's way from Luke I have a warm feeling that he will have a swift recovery.

So I came back to Destiny about a week after HoW dropped, and then I had an emergency appendectomy, which gave me a week off of work to do nothing but play Destiny and rest.

I'm going back to work tomorrow, so I thought I'd list off my 'accomplishments' for the week.

I started off with three guardians (1 of each class) levels 31,30,30

3x Nightfall
Knocked out the Thorn bounty solo
3x Weekly - Loaded up on coins.
3x Dailies all week.
Rank 3 Iron Banner for all three of my characters, just to get the etheric light.
3x PoE 32 to get the armor (I missed the previous weeks)
Finally knocked out VoG Hard Mode.
PoE 34 on my Warlock
Finally did the Crota raid (on hard).
A half dozen strikes and probably the same amount of 28 PoE just to waste time.

New Gear:
Raid Helmets/Ships/Shaders for both Crota and VoG
Third Ice Breaker
Mida Multi tool,
Vex Mythoclast,
4-5 Exotic pieces of armor,
Hawkmoon,
Thorn,
Several legendary raid weapons
Probably 10 or so legendary weapons from PoE.

My guardians are now level 34/33.5/33.5.

According to DestinyStatus.com, I just passed the 400 hour mark combined.
After all of that, I'm pretty happy, but where the hell is my damned Gjallahorn?

Deku Tree

Skolas is a raid tier fight. Considering the underleveling it certainly is a very difficult encounter to serve without checkpoints.

Yup. Bungie plz give Skolas a CP somehow. People keep spending hours getting to Skolas and then giving up with nothing to show for it.

blackflag

So I came back to Destiny about a week after HoW dropped, and then I had an emergency appendectomy, which gave me a week off of work to do nothing but play Destiny and rest.

I'm going back to work tomorrow, so I thought I'd list off my 'accomplishments' for the week.

I started off with three guardians (1 of each class) levels 31,30,30

3x Nightfall
Knocked out the Thorn bounty solo
3x Weekly - Loaded up on coins.
3x Dailies all week.
Rank 3 Iron Banner for all three of my characters, just to get the etheric light.
3x PoE 32 to get the armor (I missed the previous weeks)
Finally knocked out VoG Hard Mode.
PoE 34 on my Warlock
Finally did the Crota raid (on hard).
A half dozen strikes and probably the same amount of 28 PoE just to waste time.

New Gear:
Raid Helmets/Ships/Shaders for both Crota and VoG
Third Ice Breaker
Mida Multi tool,
Vex Mythoclast,
4-5 Exotic pieces of armor,
Hawkmoon,
Thorn,
Several legendary raid weapons
Probably 10 or so legendary weapons from PoE.

My guardians are now level 34/33.5/33.5.

According to DestinyStatus.com, I just passed the 400 hour mark combined.
After all of that, I'm pretty happy, but where the hell is my damned Gjallahorn?

I have almost 900 hours and no Gjallahorn.

Frabba

Neo Member
Just finished PoE 34 for the first time. Kaliks was a pretty interesting encoutner, we banged our head against trying to burn down the dregs but we found much better success just focusing on clearing out the adds totally without focusing on the boss, then DPS'ing the boss until more adds spawned. Took a bit, but went smoothly!

Very happy to be able to attack next weeks as a level 34 instead of a 33 for sure, though.

macewank

Just finished PoE 34 for the first time. Kaliks was a pretty interesting encoutner, we banged our head against trying to burn down the dregs but we found much better success just focusing on clearing out the adds totally without focusing on the boss, then DPS'ing the boss until more adds spawned. Took a bit, but went smoothly!

Very happy to be able to attack next weeks as a level 34 instead of a 33 for sure, though.

Good work!

Another strategy is to wait until he eats for the first time, then just unload on him with rockets/snipers. You can burn him super super quick and get it without him healing.

todd360

Fusion rifles are still bullshit, but nobody uses them anymore because shotguns became OP.

I got killed by one the other day and was stunned. What was that? My body melted. Who can wield such power here? Did Deej kill me? Is this the all powerful ban hammer? Then I remembered fusion rifles are a thing.

Frabba

Neo Member
Good work!

Another strategy is to wait until he eats for the first time, then just unload on him with rockets/snipers. You can burn him super super quick and get it without him healing.

It felt like we didn't have the DPS for that, we were running two 33s and a 34.

Felwinter's was the beginning of the real bullshit. Crucible has never been the same since.

I got killed by one the other day and was stunned. What was that? My body melted. Who can wield such power here? Did Deej kill me? Is this the all powerful ban hammer? Then I remembered fusion rifles are a thing.

It's always a 'wtf' moment when you get killed by a fusion rifle.

are you trying it again soon?
i would really like to get it done before reset, considering i have so many void weapons primed for his face. (void jewel, void 365 Efrideet with FS/FR, asc CM)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
are you trying it again soon?
i would really like to get it done before reset, considering i have so many void weapons primed for his face. (void jewel, void 365 Efrideet with FS/FR, asc CM)
I am trying it right now and getting frustrated because I need to take a break.

Yup. Bungie plz give Skolas a CP somehow. People keep spending hours getting to Skolas and then giving up with nothing to show for it.

I keep going back, waste a couple of hours, leave crying, and ask myself why I did that to myself. Too much fun doing IB to bother again until reset.

Top Bottom