• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Maddocks

I think the one thing I hate about trials is the lack of sportsmanship. I know it's a video game and it shouldn't bug me, but when a team wins at trials do they really have to teabag and dance after winning? None of my teammates do it the final round or after winning but to rub it in. Just annoying to me that people do it after the match is over knowing you will probably never have to face them again.

And please let it be known that I don't try at this game. I don't ever want to be accused of it. I don't use cover or the best weaponry. I use only what I deem to be legitimate weaponry and tactics as found in my own personal rules of engagement. Those who do not shall be branded the tryest of hards.

OkayRene

it just means that they're "tryhards" and they're taking the game very seriously. You know, the guys decked out with all the meta weapons and gear. Or the one head glitching in the back of the map with final round. Or the one who switches out Thorn for Truth in the middle of the game to pick up heavy ammo.

What's head glitching?

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Everybody's on that Mercury train, while I'm just sitting here looking to get 5 wins... :p

After a point I realised even though i want some of those new guns i'm always gonna go back to my voc or fatebringer anyway so the armour is all I really want.

That'd be the idea, but I don't think it'd work in practice because people would do exactly as you said. That's why I said I can't see it even being possible to implement unless you wanted to be way too restrictive like not allowing tickets to be abandoned. I can't think of a practical way to implement it. I'm just saying that, in theory, I think it'd be a way better system.

It would increase the number of unique teams able to complete the ticket. I think that would encourage more play (and thus, active searching and grouping) from average to decent players who would have a better shot at a perfect ticket.

And regardless, I can't imagine Bungie envisioned the event being riddled with sherpas. Maybe they did, but I think it kind of defeats the purpose of the event when repeated carrying is so common.

I'm with you mostly, up until the end. I don't thing carrying is very common at all.

Zoidberg

Got a matador 64 last night with aggressive balistics, rangefinger, reinforced barrel (lower stability more range) and final round. Is shot package that much better than rangefinger that I should be rerolling this?

I've gone through probably 1200 weapon parts since HoW came out re-rolling various weapons and ended up with probably 2 good rolls, and a lot of average rolls I've settled with just to move on with a weapon. I was so keen for weapon re-rolling....I'm going to be on the street begging for weapon parts soon.

it just means that they're "tryhards" and they're taking the game very seriously. You know, the guys decked out with all the meta weapons and gear. Or the one head glitching in the back of the map with final round. Or the one who switches out Thorn for Truth in the middle of the game to pick up heavy ammo.

Oh snap!

How about the ones that find an exploit and that's all they do like the guy who uses final round or the one that hides around corners and shotguns people. The more PVP I've been playing I'm noticing a lot of people like that. Don't understand what fun they get out of doing that

OkayRene

Got a matador 64 last night with aggressive balistics, rangefinger, reinforced barrel (lower stability more range) and final round. Is shot package that much better than rangefinger that I should be rerolling this?

I've gone through probably 1200 weapon parts since HoW came out re-rolling various weapons and ended up with probably 2 good rolls, and a lot of average rolls I've settled with just to move on with a weapon. I was so keen for weapon re-rolling....I'm going to be on the street begging for weapon parts soon.

I have…*checks*…yep—1 weapon part. :-/

Everybody's on that Mercury train, while I'm just sitting here looking to get 5 wins... :p

After a point I realised even though i want some of those new guns i'm always gonna go back to my voc or fatebringer anyway so the armour is all I really want.

After many repeated attempts and even an Unstable carry I still haven't been yet. Once.

What's head glitching?

poking your head and weapon out from behind a wall or ramp just enough so that you can see the other player but they can barely see you. They usually have thorn or a sniper.

It's one reason why Destiny's map design is terrible. All these "head-glitch" spots encourage campy, overly passive gameplay. Bungie makes a bunch of ramps and walls with tiny holes specifically for you to peek out from. Blind Watch, Burning Shrine and Exodus Blue are some of the bigger offenders.

Namikaze1

Fuck it. I'm buying Imogen Fire. It's the closest thing I'll ever get to Revenant.

I'll be taking my Revenant-less ass back to Wicher 3.

noomi

High velocity/blast Proximity rockets?

I just started using the trials RL, never had much experience with them so I'm still trying to get a feel for it.

I was always the one who used machine guns in crucible. Trials your pretty much forced to use a RL.

If you can't beat em, join em. Truth is a guaranteed kill in PvP. If you have the time, there's no reason not to switch.

I just started using the trials RL, never had much experience with them so I'm still trying to get a feel for it.

I was always the one who used machine guns in crucible. Trials your pretty much forced to use a RL.

Machine guns have been phased out in 3v3 modes. They wont be much use in 6v6 either if you're playing a team running Truths.

SgtCobra

Whoa ToO brings out the best of some players it seems, the PM's I'm getting contain some pretty vulgar stuff. Of course, you can always count on getting some hate messages when playing online but I've never had it happen in Destiny. Whether you win or lose most of the times you'll get some shit thrown at you.

X-Frame

Got another BTRD, with battle runner, aggressive, smallbore, feeding frenzy... I'll take it.

I got one yesterday and I've spent so many motes and weapon parts re-rolling to get a good roll but I swear machine guns must have terrible options because I can't seem to get a good roll without a useless perk.

I'm mostly looking for Aggressive Ballistics, Hidden Hand, AP Rounds/Casket Mag, and then Crowd Control or Feeding Frenzy.

Now that IB is done for me I can be more liberal with my glimmer.

I.....I do that *hangs head in shame*

I'm not nearly good enough to with a regular RL to take enemies down :(

Grenades and horseshoes on a legendary rocket launcher without tracking is very effective. Just shoot it in the general direction of your enemies and you're good lol

noomi

Fuck it. I'm buying Imogen Fire. It's the closest thing I'll ever get to Revenant.

I'll be taking my Revenant-less ass back to Wicher 3.

Took me 49 ranks for it to drop, I gave up on it and then BOOM, dropped. Honestly, it looks really shitty on the PoE Hunter armor...

Still looking for that dead orbit faction ship though.

Grenades and horseshoes on a legendary rocket launcher without tracking is very effective. Just shoot it in the general direction of your enemies and you're good lol

The ToO RL has this perk, I tend to try and estimate where a player is going/landing and shoot the rocket in that general direction.

Which speaking of... Should I be using the more velocity or more blast radius perk?

Namikaze1

Imogen Fire + Titan ToO looks fucking great:
CG7sffVUAAAckU0.jpg:orig

Hunter not so much:
CG7sgcVUYAA7e8q.jpg:orig

Warlock's ToO gear is already black. No need for a shader.

If you can't beat em, join em. Truth is a guaranteed kill in PvP. If you have the time, there's no reason not to switch.

Machine guns have been phased out in 3v3 modes. They wont be much use in 6v6 either if you're playing a team running Truths.

I have my own rules of engagement as well. I'm too lazy to switch gear, so I just spent my time rolling a high blast radius launcher with Grenades and Horseshoes. Also, I'm a habitual re-loader, so the only time I get to use my final round is when they keep popping in and out an run all of my ammo down. At that point, I figure they deserve it.

noomi

Yo nooms, do you still need to do one more ToO? I'm looking to go through on my Warlock for the gloves and maybe the Gold Tier reward. I've done several 9-0s but I'm not super dying for it.

Hey dude, yeah I would like to try for a flawless tonight or tomorrow. I was trying to team up with zewone and his buddy, so if that doesn't work out I'll hit you up. I don't mind helping you out getting to 8 wins.

You going to be on for a bit tonight?

Okay, potential Skolas run, sound off if you still want in:

1. squidhands

? angry_eric
? mindlog
? silver.tongue

Would like to get this going soon, can't be missing Game of Thrones!!

Zocano

Hey dude, yeah I would like to try for a flawless tonight or tomorrow. I was trying to team up with zewone and his buddy, so if that doesn't work out I'll hit you up. I don't mind helping you out getting to 8 wins.

You going to be on for a bit tonight?

I'll be around all night yah

Top Bottom