• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

noomi

What Variks got for sale?

Hive boots. Strength.

Oh for fucks sake. The last 2 pieces of gear have been Hive perk. Goddammit. I need Cabal. I need Vex. I need fallen!

Oh man I didn't even check Variks.... strength... c'mon man. Next week will probably be all discipline or intellect gear, so basically wait 2 more weeks to have a normal stat set unless you roll a good judgements chance....

Watching streamerhouse right now: yep, he is!

AWWWW YISSSS

ocean

Banned
It's not even PVE gear, it's some weird mix of both: it has PVP perks, but it also has PVE elemental damage. As if Bungie thought it would help PVP only player to go and play some PVE?
Doesn't make any sense, really...
I don't think the bridge between PvE and PvP perks is thaaat big. I mean I swapped out Fatebringer for the Jewel at PoE the other day because there was Airborne and Hewel has Icarus... there's a lot of overlap.

At the end of the day, the best weapons for endgame PvE are still obtained via PvE. ToO hasn't changed the load outs at all for high end PvE, people are just so used to being able to get everything in Destiny that the mere idea of having a reward tier beyond their skill level is offensive and broken.

Shito

I kind of hoped your psn was mango sentinel :(
Haha, I thought the same thing.

I don't think the bridge between PvE and PvP perks is thaaat big. I mean I swapped out Fatebringer for the Jewel at PoE the other day because there was Airborne and Hewel has Icarus... there's a lot of overlap.

At the end of the day, the best weapons for endgame PvE are still obtained via PvE. ToO hasn't changed the load outs at all for high end PvE, people are just so used to being able to get everything in Destiny that the mere idea of having a reward tier beyond their skill level is offensive and broken.
Yeah, probably. As someone who didn't do a lot of raids, and kinda refuse to play the frustrating "under-level content", I'm quite used to seeing rewards and gear I probably won't get, so I'm totally fine with ToO and PVP players having nice rewards for them. I find the elemental weapons to be strange, though, and I think they are being way too nice with the e.lights distribution. Other than that, I don't care about never going to Mercury, really.

I forgot to pass over the gorgons checkpoint before reset, damn trials. Screwed me over twice.

Nightfall loot: feedback fence thing, weird titan boots, last word.

Namikaze1

PoE 35 anyone? I have a Gjallarhorn and an ascended Black Hammer. Though I think most will be doing the good old Gjallarhorn Salute.

noomi

Man, I'm just happy I get to replace those ugly ass hunter PoE boots with the exotic ones. They look so much better in comparison, quadruple jump is going to be so nice :D

PoE 35 anyone? I have a Gjallarhorn and an ascended Black Hammer. Though I think most will be doing the good old Gjallarhorn Salute.

I'll be running mine after 3:30PM if you still want to do some later on, should be easy to find a group this week though. Solar Skolas is easy Skolas.

Zocano

Oh man I didn't even check Variks.... strength... c'mon man. Next week will probably be all discipline or intellect gear, so basically wait 2 more weeks to have a normal stat set unless you roll a good judgements chance....

I'd rather they keep the armor as not super optimal or beneficial. Gives us some actual gear to chase instead of just waiting around for weeks for no reason.

noomi

I'd rather they keep the armor as not super optimal or beneficial. Gives us some actual gear to chase instead of just waiting around for weeks for no reason.

That's what I've been doing.

Used all my extra armor and weapon cores in judgements chance and actually got lucky enough to have decent stats for my hunter with a full set. But the hunter boots... so ugleh lol

KxoZz

Well, started a PoE 34 and in the first round a goblin got stuck in the wall and we couldn't kill him to progress. Great start to the week!

Namikaze1

The PoE vendor stuff has been shit these past 3 weeks. I'll let the first week slide cause it was launch. But 3 weeks of straight Strength is bullshit. If you're trying to get what you want, you have to take a chance on that Judgement Roll. My warlock got boots with better stats and Cabal perk two weeks ago. Same for my Hunter and her helmet though I can't recall what the perk was.

Guess I've really been out of the loop or not really been paying any attention. Didn't realize they fixed the Hive Disruptor perk on the Black Hammer. Should ascend that weapon next

Namikaze1

Man, I'm just happy I get to replace those ugly ass hunter PoE boots with the exotic ones. They look so much better in comparison, quadruple jump is going to be so nice :D

I'll be running mine after 3:30PM if you still want to do some later on, should be easy to find a group this week though. Solar Skolas is easy Skolas.
I'm just gonna do one right now but I'll be running it again later on.

Sure. Have both, as well.

Edit: PSN - siaynoqq

Sure I'll give it a go. Have the same weapons. Let me finish this daily.
alright it's a team. I'll be in orbit so join in when you can.

Stuck in traffic, home in about 15 mins.

Need to get those ToO wins for titan before reset!

Oh noes, whose found verdict will I steal this week then?

Kidding, will save checkpoint as usual.

Lol haha

Hopefully I can grab the gorgons NM and HM from you today, I didnt get a chance last week :-(

Zocano

The PoE vendor stuff has been shit these past 3 weeks. I'll let the first week slide cause it was launch. But 3 weeks of straight Strength is bullshit. If you're trying to get what you want, you have to take a chance on that Judgement Roll. My warlock got boots with better stats and Cabal perk two weeks ago. Same for my Hunter and her helmet though I can't recall what the perk was.

Seems obviously intentional and I don't mind it at all. Like I said, it gives us at least something to chase as far as loot goes.

Won't be able to run PoE until tonight. But Nightfalls are in the bag.

Who is down for PoE 35 runs around 8pm EST tonight?

Damn you workkkkkkk

Top Bottom