• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Jinjo

It's just such a shitty thing to do, considering the quality of Poe in general. Oh well, I got my 2 34s with balanced stat's thanks to IB. I guess I'll roll judgement chances this week, I got strength boots last week from one :|

Bungie is really making sure the PvP side of things is getting all the good stuff this time. Great (elemental) primaries, secondaries & heavies, unique armor and etheric light all around the place. The rewards are justified for ToO though. PvE rewards just suck, just like PoE does.

Ken

With a game starved for unique loot I don't see them ever wiping old exotics. Especially because they made such a point about being able to upgrade them and bring them along for your Destiny career. They just need to make the new exotics as good as the old ones. Which is what they started to get with HoW as some of the new exotic armor/weapons actually are exotics performance-wise.

Sure you have the Gjallarhorn & Thorn for PvE & PvP, there will always be a best-in-class exotic for those game modes (it used to be Suros for instance in PvP before its fall from grace), but there are more good alternatives now. They just need a slight rebalance on some exotics, like a slight AR buff to bring back those exotics as viable for PvP (like what they did with pulse rifles & PvE shotguns). Buff FR a bit to counter those pesky shotgun abusers. And bringing a Gjallorhorn-like heavy legendary (doesn't have to be a RL) will make people use other exotics in high-end PvE more frequently too (like Black Hammer did for Icebreaker). But really, if someone is not switching up from their Gjallarhorn that is their own 'fault' . Just as much as the close-minded Gjallarhorn-only LFG posts.

My assumption is that they'd pack a ton of new exotics to replace the old ones by Destiny 2 or whatever.

Str is great on warlocks and hunters.

Not when I'm trying to hit that 100%/100% on int and disc!

Jinjo

Nice noomi, I want that quadruple jump!
All that's left now is a solar handcannon and you're set!

I think having a triple jump with the better control in air perk would be amazing for PvP too. Coupled with Icarus on that (solar) Jewel of Osiris obviously.

My assumption is that they'd pack a ton of new exotics to replace the old ones by Destiny 2 or whatever.

Gjallahorn and Thorn will probably still rain supreme

They have really dropped the ball on exotics IMO, by making them way too week

All the new PoE exotics we've seen are gimmicks at the most. Queenbreakers Bow, Lord of Wolves, and Dregs Promise are simply outclassed by other exotics and even legendaries in the same slot. Instead of being this cool strong weapon, at the most they're just a week weapon with a gimmick. It's as if Bungies too afraid to make something good.

So what ends up happening is that the same 3-5 exotics are still the best, in PvE or PvP, IE Gjalla, Thorn, Last Word....etc.

Jinjo

Gjallahorn and Thorn will probably still rain supreme

They have really dropped the ball on exotics IMO, by making them way too week

All the new PoE exotics we've seen are gimmicks at the most. Queenbreakers Bow, Lord of Wolves, and Dregs Promise are simply outclassed by other exotics and even legendaries in the same slot. Instead of being this cool strong weapon, at the most they're just a week weapon with a gimmick. It's as if Bungies too afraid to make something good.

So what ends up happening is that the same 3-5 exotics are still the best, in PvE or PvP, IE Gjalla, Thorn, Last Word....etc.

Fate of all Fools seemed like one of the best exotics potential-wise, but it's weird that is still nowhere to be found. Like they are indeed afraid that it will ' too-good'.

Nobody should complain about Iron Banner allowing people to get Etheric Light from.

Iron Banner is the only way to do so allowing matchmaking.

Screw the neyssyers, all modes should have matchmaking.

5 Etheric Lights for me from IB, my only Etheric Lights. I could have gotten 6 but eh vacation called.

Iron Banner is superior to the pgarbage Trials of Osirus camping

ocean

Banned
Exactly. The launch exotics seem really too good compared to DLC and I feel like that kills variety. That there isn't a new Praxic Fire or Saints 14 makes me think Bungie didn't balance the launch exotics too well perk-wise. An exotic wipe would give them a second chance at setting the base power levels for everything and hopefully allow for a larger pool of viable exotic armor.
That's not because launch stuff was "too good" though. DLC weapons are just bad. A lot of the new armor is up to Vanilla standards and are part of many popular load outs. Don't Touch Me, Obsidian Mind, The Ram, Nothing Manacles, Ruin Wings, Celestial Nighthawk, new Hunter gauntlets are all really cool and can stand their ground comfortably.

The new Exotic weapons in HoW are also really good. It's just there's freaking 3 of them. TDB weapons were just bad and Bjngie should feel bad.

They've done a good job adding attractive armor. I hope they can make newer Exotics at least as good as HoW ones, which are about the same tier as most Vanilla stuff (below the best, above the worst vanilla Exotics). But let the newer ones complement rather than replace our current arsenal.

GlamFM

Banned
After playing and failing at ToO the entire weekend I have come to the conclusion that it´s fundamentally broken.

Sure, I´m below average, but I always had 2 really good guys with me and we had no chance.

I have the feeling that the audience is becoming smaller and all that´s left is a pretty small elite.

I kept running into the same teams!

A nice hotfix would be to open up ToO to matchmaking so there are more crappy teams running around.

Allowing 5 losses would probably also be a good idea.

I guess this expansion was not for me.

nOoblet16

Not when I'm trying to hit that 100%/100% on int and disc!

Imo 100% intellect and discipline does not provide enough advantage over ~70% across all three to completely give up Str when playing Hunter and Warlock considering how good their melee options are.

100% will reduce your grenade cooldown by slightly over half, 70% will reduce it to close to half.....so going from 70 to 100 you maybe shave 4-5 seconds off. For Intellect you reduce your 5:30 min cooldown by 1:35min at 100% and at 70% you shave off about 1:05 mins. You do get double the super energy at 100% intellect when you kill someone but at 70% you get...well 70% extra instead of 100%...and you can make it work with armour perks that give you super energy with melee and grenade hits/kills.

Got etheric light from my first nightfall, not complaining. We two manned it, was a total cakewalk, didn't even need to use radiance.

365 vision of confluence is the best

Jinjo

is the perk still a modified heartseeker? Or did they change it recently?

Not sure what you mean by heartseeker lol.

I actually mixed up Vesta Dynasty & Fate of all Fools.

Vesta Dynasty has the David ("Precision kills temporarily increase Agility stat for 15 seconds.") & Goliath ("Non precision kills temporarily increase Armor stat for 15 seconds.") perks.

Fate of all Fools has the chain body shots for increased precision damage perk. Which also has the potential to be really really good depending on how much bonus damage you can stack.

Vesta Dynasty has the David ("Precision kills temporarily increase Agility stat for 15 seconds.") & Goliath ("Non precision kills temporarily increase Armor stat for 15 seconds.") perks.

Fate of all Fools has the chain body shots for increased precision damage perk. Which also has the potential to be really really good depending on how much bonus damage you can stack.

Heartseeker is a perk on Pulse Rifles(Exclusive to them I think?) that does the same thing as Fate of Fools, IE body damage will increase precision damage.

Vesta Dynasty does look unique...but Agility IMO is a useless perk. Armor maybe, but it seems that the armor stat is useless(Like, you can have 1600 armor on a Titan, but you'll still be 4-5 hit by a thrall.)

nOoblet16

heartseeker is the per Messenger has

Shito

Oh, I see on Bungie's website that this week's weekly is Phogoth?
Been a long while I haven't done this strike, I'll probably run the weeklies this week, if only for nostalgia. :)

Kyoufu

So what are my chances of success in VoG Hard as a newbie via the LFG site? I've only done it on normal and my weapons aren't great. Do people expect flawless runs?

Midas

After playing and failing at ToO the entire weekend I have come to the conclusion that it´s fundamentally broken.

Sure, I´m below average, but I always had 2 really good guys with me and we had no chance.

I have the feeling that the audience is becoming smaller and all that´s left is a pretty small elite.

I kept running into the same teams!

A nice hotfix would be to open up ToO to matchmaking so there are more crappy teams running around.

Allowing 5 losses would probably also be a good idea.

I guess this expansion was not for me.

I'm crappy a PvP player, but I managed to get to Mercury without a single loss. Never thought I would make it but we did (got a useless auto rifle), so it felt really good. I believe it's more about strategy than skill in Trials. You do need to be able to hit the enemy, though. :)

Top Bottom