• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Ken

Imo 100% intellect and discipline does not provide enough advantage over ~70% across all three to completely give up Str when playing Hunter and Warlock considering how good their melee options are.

100% will reduce your grenade cooldown by slightly over half, 70% will reduce it to close to half.....so going from 70 to 100 you maybe shave 4-5 seconds off. For Intellect you reduce your 5:30 min cooldown by 1:35min at 100% and at 70% you shave off about 1:05 mins. You do get double the super energy at 100% intellect when you kill someone but at 70% you get...well 70% extra instead of 100%...and you can make it work with armour perks that give you super energy with melee and grenade hits/kills.

Idk, it's personal preference I suppose. But with how fast ToO rounds can go, 30 seconds can be the difference between saving an early round with a super and not.

Nightfall loot:

2nd gjally
2nd obsidian mind
2nd claws of ahamkara

/cry

nOoblet16

After playing and failing at ToO the entire weekend I have come to the conclusion that it´s fundamentally broken.

Sure, I´m below average, but I always had 2 really good guys with me and we had no chance.

I have the feeling that the audience is becoming smaller and all that´s left is a pretty small elite.

I kept running into the same teams!

A nice hotfix would be to open up ToO to matchmaking so there are more crappy teams running around.

Allowing 5 losses would probably also be a good idea.

I guess this expansion was not for me.

I don't see running into the same team as an issue. It's obvious that the game will have a high chance of putting you back in the same team you played against if both of you search for a game and start doing so at the same time. Games are found based on connection and if that team was the fastest team in your vicinity connection wise (which caused you to be matched in the first place) then there's a high chance it's still the fastest and since you both started searching at the same time you'll get matched.

It is not representative of smaller player base or anything, if you don't want to be matched with the same guys then you stop matchmaking for a few seconds after each game and then start it again...if you let it continue then it will have a high chance of putting you back in games with same people. It's how it is in IB and Crucible too.

nOoblet16

Idk, it's personal preference I suppose. But with how fast ToO rounds can go, 30 seconds can be the difference between saving an early round with a super and not.

Nightfall loot:

2nd gjally
2nd obsidian mind
2nd claws of ahamkara

/cry

Yea it's all subjective. What if there's a situation where you need a throwing knife but your cooldown isn't finished because you ran 0 STR...and now you're dead :p
I normally get my super in 3 rounds or so considering the number of kills I get on average....works ok for me

DwarfBag

Neo Member
yo guys new here to neogaf looking to make a caln and play destiny with one of you all i want is some fun with awesome people heres my xbox gamertag Khojo

nOoblet16

yo guys new here to neogaf looking to make a caln and play destiny with one of you all i want is some fun with awesome people

4dpPto6.gif

heres my xbox gamertag

mCJqKIb.gif

rc213

Thanks to those who tried to join Was full and controller died seconds after we finished. Crest of Alpha Crap I argh

Wanted to try and squeeze in all 3 guess the battery wasn't ready for all the iron banner. At least I got 6 etheric light!

Bungie is really making sure the PvP side of things is getting all the good stuff this time. Great (elemental) primaries, secondaries & heavies, unique armor and etheric light all around the place. The rewards are justified for ToO though. PvE rewards just suck, just like PoE does.

Agreed although if you're a PvP player primarily, why the hell would you need elemental weapons?

Locking PvE gear behind PvP is kinda stupid on Bungies part.

I got a Red Hand IX with zen moment, smallbore and Luck in the chamber.

Do I try my luck rerolling for one with final round, smallbore and LiTC?

Ken

Got some dudes cheesing Phogoth lol. Joined in while they were at Phogoth though so I can't complain too much.

Shito

Agreed although if you're a PvP player primarily, why the hell would you need elemental weapons?

Locking PvE gear behind PvP is kinda stupid on Bungies part.
It's not even PVE gear, it's some weird mix of both: it has PVP perks, but it also has PVE elemental damage. As if Bungie thought it would help PVP only player to go and play some PVE?
Doesn't make any sense, really...

Namikaze1

What Variks got for sale?

Hive boots. Strength.

Oh for fucks sake. The last 2 pieces of gear have been Hive perk. Goddammit. I need Cabal. I need Vex. I need fallen!

Zoidberg

Anyone got to skolas to confirm solar burn?

Just saw the machine gun from Variks has shank burn... Variks is a long running April fools joke I think.

Top Bottom