• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

E92 M3

Agree with all this except the materials. I think it's fairly simple now.
Armor is character class item + planetary mat. Armor is weapon parts + planetary mat. Exotics are the same but need an Exotic Shard. That's 4 upgrade materials total (character, weapon parts, planetary mats and a Exotic Shards). It was a mess with Ascendant/Radiant Energy/Shards and needing 16 mats per mode and having 4x more bubbles but it's good now. Upgrading HoW stuff is a cheap breeze.

Lol, how much more could they possibly reduce with the materials? I think it's just fine as is. Any more simple and it just wouldn't seem right.

I should have elaborated a bit more. I know it's simple now, but I'd rather them take out things such as "Token of Flight" for they only clog up space.

I have to say, after trying Skolas last night and finally killing him, the guy who thought that keeping the mines around after the kill should be have his balls nailed to a chair that's been set on fire.

I really hope Border and Ryck were able to burn him down fast after I had to leave. argh, I'm still so irritated about that non-win.

Namikaze1

Fuck that giant piece of shit Servitor and your little homies. I now know how to get those fuckers all in one spot leaving my teammates to attack him.

Any Xbox One guardians lurking who are looking for a clan or just a group of people to play with and get stuff done...shoot me a PM. Building the numbers of my clan and posting on the app is a lot easier than trying to find a group posting here. Thanks!

nOoblet16

The one problem I have in Destiny (and it affects farming for me) is that everything is done in missions. Say in an MMO you are in a town where you can take up quests anywhere anytime, but you instead leave the town to roam around and head to this area to farm a particular material and on the way you gather some other stuff...from there instead of coming back to the original town you just decide to do some quest/dungeon that is nearby etc etc. Once you are done with that you may just decide to chill for a bit by flying randomly or something I donno. In Destiny everything is separate with trips to orbit, the game loves keeping you in orbit. I must have spent a quarter of my time in Orbit in Destiny not counting the times I was AFK.

You want to farm glimmer? load up Gatekeeper and once you are finished you come back to Orbit. Or load up that Cabal mission but have to wait for the whole sequence of ships arriving one by one (because it's a mission and not just a random patrol)

You wanna farm weapon parts? run Dragon strikes over and over again with a trip back to orbit each time you finish.

You are on a patrol but want to start a raid or a strike? well head back to Orbit !

You fail nightfall? Go to orbit !

E92 M3

I have to say, after trying Skolas last night and finally killing him, the guy who thought that keeping the mines around after the kill should be have his balls nailed to a chair that's been set on fire.

I really hope Border and Ryck were able to burn him down fast after I had to leave. argh, I'm still so irritated about that non-win.

Well, that's a bit harsh lol.

ocean

Banned
Really? Why not? It doesn't increase damage as much? We took down Skolas with snipers and MGs before the adds reached us.
Rocket Launchers aren't affected by WoL. I've heard a conflicting version saying it's only rockets with proximity detonation which aren't buffed. Either way, Gjallarhorn is unaffected by Weapons of Light since proximity is a stealth perk on it.

Blessing is probably a safer bet since the whole objective is to stay alive basically.

Deku Tree

The one problem I have in Destiny (and it affects farming for me) is that everything is done in missions. Say in an MMO you are in a town where you can take up quests anywhere anytime, but you instead leave the town to roam around and head to this area to farm a particular material and on the way you gather some other stuff...from there instead of coming back to the original town you just decide to do some quest/dungeon that is nearby etc etc. Once you are done with that you may just decide to chill for a bit by flying randomly or something I donno. In Destiny everything is separate with trips to orbit, the game loves keeping you in orbit. I must have spend a quarter of my time in Orbit in Destiny not counting the times I was AFK.

You want to farm glimmer? load up Gatekeeper and once you are finished you come back to Orbit. Or load up that Cabal mission but have to wait for the whole sequence of ships arriving one by one (because it's a mission and not just a random patrol)

You wanna farm weapon parts? run Dragon strikes over and over again with a trip back to orbit each time you finish.

You are on a patrol but want to start a raid or a strike? well head back to Orbit !

Yeah it's annoying. I think they make "orbit" the "hub" in order to reduce the load on the servers and reduce cost.

nOoblet16

Rocket Launchers aren't affected by WoL. I've heard a conflicting version saying it's only rockets with proximity detonation which aren't buffed. Either way, Gjallarhorn is unaffected by Weapons of Light since proximity is a stealth perk on it.

Blessing is probably a safer bet since the whole objective is to stay alive basically.

RL aren't affected by WoL for the same reason they don't have any crit hits...they do a lot of damage in a large area.

nOoblet16

wut?

Well, that's a bit harsh lol.
Perhaps. I felt like we were doing everything right: we broke the bonds fast, we moved as a group, we passed the curse around really well. Once Skolas went down, the Grimoire card popped and someone got 2 Cypher Bounties. Should have been over, right? Nope, "You Failed, Guardian". I've never seen another instance of a boss being killed in this game that didn't automatically complete the game.

I mean, that can't be an intended mechanic, can it? If it is, then I don't feel my response was harsh at all. ;-)

tl;dr: Mine round kept going after the Skolas kill, we had to keep trying.

E92 M3

Perhaps. I felt like we were doing everything right: we broke the bonds fast, we moved as a group, we passed the curse around really well. Once Skolas went down, the Grimoire card popped and someone got 2 Cypher Bounties. Should have been over, right? Nope, "You Failed, Guardian". I've never seen another instance of a boss being killed in this game that didn't automatically complete the game.

I mean, that can't be an intended mechanic, can it? If it is, then I don't feel my response was harsh at all. ;-)

Bungie tested the fight without burns and thought no one can beat him before mines. I am almost sure that's what happened lol.

RemiLP

The one problem I have in Destiny (and it affects farming for me) is that everything is done in missions. Say in an MMO you are in a town where you can take up quests anywhere anytime, but you instead leave the town to roam around and head to this area to farm a particular material and on the way you gather some other stuff...from there instead of coming back to the original town you just decide to do some quest/dungeon that is nearby etc etc. Once you are done with that you may just decide to chill for a bit by flying randomly or something I donno. In Destiny everything is separate with trips to orbit, the game loves keeping you in orbit. I must have spend a quarter of my time in Orbit in Destiny not counting the times I was AFK.

Agreed. Would be a much better game if u could do pretty much everything from patrol.

nOoblet16

Is 3 365 black hammers better than 3 365 horns?

Your DPS will be higher with Blackhammer especially with WoL....but there's one issue which is that you have to concentrate on Skolas and you might get taken by ads or get one shotten by Skolas' scorch canon in case he recovers and shoots leading to a drop in DPS. With Ghorn you can just keep dumb firing it and hide inside the bubble for the majority of the fight and only pop out to shoot rockets. With Blackhammer you have to spend majority of your time outside of the bubble.

I think the whole going back to Orbit and the service talking before each round in PoE are systems put in place to deal with last gen. Takes more loading power. Orbit was the quick and dirty way, and now the talk is a facade in order to load everything for that round.

Shito

Is there a safe way to do Taniks? We wiped on the last part :(
No real safe (cheesy) way found at the moment.
The safest thing seems to be to stun-lock him with a sniper as soon as he appears, while your teammates rocket him to death. If he manages to escape to the back of the room, pursuing him on the little "balcony" on the left side of the room is the most efficient, as you can continue to burn him while the adds take a long ass time to come and find you. Use a bubble there for maximum protection, and watch your back for the eventual shanks.

lt519

Not playing the 10 minute wait for Heavy Synth game between Skolas tries this week. Will go with ascended Black Hammers and Spears.

noomi

I wondered the same, but I think they're talking about the Android version.

They added PoE and ToO to the advisors tab.

Edit: Android ver.

Ahhh ok, yeah iphone was updated a few days ago, looks nice...

Nightfall haul: Legendary engram that turned into Synthese scout, 10 strange coins, and one etheric light when I already have 11. GG.

Sounds about right.

I lucked out this morning and got the new hunter exotic boots, and then 2 legendary engrams.

Trakan

Will they manage to add a decent amount of Exotics? 3-4 new Exotic weapons like these expansions has been truly lackluster. I'd like to see at least twice that, hopefully more. Bring us a Void Sniper, an Arc Rocket Launcher, lots of gaps need to be filled.

HoW is definitely on the right track with Story missions. They spruced up the whole go, send ghost, kill wave, defend ghost, kill wave that literally made up the entire base game. They can go further. I'd like to see longer, more complex missions and set pieces. I mean these guys made freakin Halo.

Where I feel they haven't messed up yet is armor. Each expansion has had their own unique and interesting exotic armor pieces. I trust they'll follow suit, give Warlocks some cool space magic boots :)

Vanilla Destiny had 20 exotic weapons. I'm hoping for at least 10 new ones here. I think some of the exotic armor has been pretty lackluster compared to the stuff in the base game. The Titan's new helmet and both pairs of boots have been bad to the point where I'll never use them. I hope they get buffed.

I don't feel like the level design has come that far with this DLC, honestly. Maybe it's because they just recycled areas with having you traverse them backwards. I did enjoy the last mission of HoW though. Also remember that a lot of the people who made Halo aren't even at Bungie anymore.

E92 M3

Vanilla Destiny had 20 exotic weapons. I'm hoping for at least 10 new ones here. I think some of the exotic armor has been pretty lackluster compared to the stuff in the base game. The Titan's new helmet and both pairs of boots have been bad to the point where I'll never use them. I hope they get buffed.

I don't feel like the level design has come that far with this DLC, honestly. Maybe it's because they just recycled areas with having you traverse them backwards. I did enjoy the last mission of HoW though. Also remember that a lot of the people who made Halo aren't even at Bungie anymore.

The last mission for HoW was the best one in the game. I really hope Bungie continues with that trend.

Trakan

I really hope the Taken from the expansion aren't hive, but either a new race or fallen/cabal/vex controlled by Oryx. I think the name is important here.

Probably just getting my hopes up.

Shito

Wait did Tfue solo level 35 PoE already today?
Edit the mod in his chat says that he did. Guy is 17 yrs old.
All I know is he was in some kind of race with TheHM05 to be the first one to solo PoE 35.
Started watching one of their streams, but I left 10 seconds in when realizing they were going to spend 70% of their time setuping the heavy ammo glitch... ^^

Really? Why not? It doesn't increase damage as much? We took down Skolas with snipers and MGs before the adds reached us.

I know this was sort of answered, but I can't watch the video.

The way it was explained to me, is Weapons of Light is a bonus to impact damage, and ONLY impact damage.

Some Rockets, and specifically Gjallarhorn, detonate on proximity, meaning there is no impact of the rocket at all, just the explosion. Since the rocket just explodes, as doe the wolfpack rounds. G'horn is a no impact weapon, thus weapons of light is pointless.

Is that what the video says?

I really hope the Taken from the expansion aren't hive, but either a new race or fallen/cabal/vex controlled by Oryx. I think the name is important here.

Probably just getting my hopes up.

Saw somewhere (maybe it was this thread) that this might be the case, especially with concept art like this:

20130218_destiny_2.jpg

LTWood12

Your DPS will be higher with Blackhammer especially with WoL....but there's one issue which is that you have to concentrate on Skolas and you might get taken by ads or get one shotten by Skolas' scorch canon in case he recovers and shoots leading to a drop in DPS. With Ghorn you can just keep dumb firing it and hide inside the bubble for the majority of the fight and only pop out to shoot rockets. With Blackhammer you have to spend majority of your time outside of the bubble.

Thanks for the detailed answer! That's makes sense.

I hear the 34 boss is easy this week.

Perfect.

I didn't have enough money / room to buy Hunter IB gauntlets and boots.

I already farmed once yesterday. I chose another round of ToO session instead to end the reset. I chose wisely, but I wish I still had an opportunity to buy the gauntlets.

Top of page fake edit, #PenguinMasterRace

#TiredPenguinNeedNap

E92 M3

I didn't have enough money / room to buy Hunter IB gauntlets and boots.

I already farmed once yesterday. I chose another round of ToO session instead to end the reset. I chose wisely, but I wish I still had an opportunity to buy the gauntlets.

What about your shards?

Top Bottom