• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Very doable, as long as others have mics.
Kadey here did all the game's content without ever using a mic.

Well I'd probably ask here or on destinylfg for people to beef up the group numbers. My friend and I are both 32/33 but I want to do it for Fatebringer :p Thanks

Zoidberg

Dumb question, I know, but are you full on Special Weapons? Or do you have a 2nd Cipher quest in progress?

I was at the time, banked a weapon and it's still bugged. Sounds like a few people have had this issue looking around. No second cipher, it was my first on all characters :(

Here we go, official Bungle response:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/126812109/0/0

Guardians,

We are aware of a number of different issues regarding the Elder Cipher Bounty that can be granted from the Skolas challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. These include:

- Simultaneously receiving duplicate copies of the Elder Cipher Bounty
- Unable to accept first bounty step/select bounty weapon from Variks
- Bounty not present in inventory
- Mission Notification present for The Reef while waiting for Variks to summon the player to continue

We apologize for any confusion that may have been caused and are actively investigating these issues.

I was at the time, banked a weapon and it's still bugged. Sounds like a few people have had this issue looking around. No second cipher, it was my first on all characters :(

Guardians,

We are aware of a number of different issues regarding the Elder Cipher Bounty that can be granted from the Skolas challenge Arena in the Prison of Elders. These include:

- Mission Notification present for The Reef while waiting for Variks to summon the player to continue

We apologize for any confusion that may have been caused and are actively investigating these issues.

Yeah I'm the same dude.

Bounty area was full at the time I got it.

It's fucking stupid.

This sort of stuff should go to the 'mission' area and not the 'bounty' area.

Also give us more space in the vault god dammit.

Guardians,

I'd send BungieUserResearch a PM over on Reddit if you can. Doesn't hurt to have more data to examine

http://www.reddit.com/user/BungieUserResearch

Namikaze1

After one hour on him and with two different teams, Skolas is dead. Got the cipher, essentially netting Dreg's Promise, and a pulse rifle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm still in disbelief that I spent another four hours on Skolas last night for a total of about 13 throughout the week with nothing to show for it. I should have just kept doing IB... I didn't even get a single character to rank 5 (was close). It was too late when we called it quits.

I'm still in disbelief that I spent another four hours on Skolas last night for a total of about 13 throughout the week with nothing to show for it. I should have just kept doing IB... I didn't even get a single character to rank 5 (was close). It was too late when we called it quits.

Is IB not going on for another couple of hours?

Deku Tree

What was your strat for Skolas?

Frenden

Banned

I was disco'd as my team killed him after tons of hours of struggle and haven't had the fortitude to try again for a week.

I get why there isn't check pointing, but, man, I wish there was SOMETHING to keep your progress.

:( Dude. I feel bad that I wasn't online to help.

Good Morning DestinyGaf,

I havnt played Destiny in about 3 weeks or so. Decided to give Witcher 3 a try. I loved it. I was yearning for a single player game and it did not dissapoint. finally finished it yesterday. During this time I started to feel my addiction to Destiny slowly waining. started to unsubscribe from Destiny channels on Youtube and stopped checking this forum regularly. I felt I finally broke the addiction.
This morning I started to rummage around my PS4 games to find something to play. I came across destiny and said to myself. "well it wouldnt hurt to see what the NF is this week". So I logged in. checked some stuff out. Noticed then next expansion was anounced "sort of".
And that was it. Got a group for POE and Im back in business. I kind of hate myself for doing it. Becuase now Im sitting at work and just want to go home and play.
So I just wanted to say that I hate Destiny for being fun and I hate all of you for being such a fucking awesome community! Forever pulling me back into the ether.

I love you DestinyGaf!

Robdraggoo

OkayRene

So what's the early opinion on Skolas? Is a legit strat doable, or is it obscenely difficult and everyone's gonna rely on Gjallarhorn melting?

E92 M3

Good Morning DestinyGaf,

I havnt played Destiny in about 3 weeks or so. Decided to give Witcher 3 a try. I loved it. I was yearning for a single player game and it did not dissapoint. finally finished it yesterday. During this time I started to feel my addiction to Destiny slowly waining. started to unsubscribe from Destiny channels on Youtube and stopped checking this forum regularly. I felt I finally broke the addiction.
This morning I started to rummage around my PS4 games to find something to play. I came across destiny and said to myself. "well it wouldnt hurt to see what the NF is this week". So I logged in. checked some stuff out. Noticed then next expansion was anounced "sort of".
And that was it. Got a group for POE and Im back in business. I kind of hate myself for doing it. Becuase now Im sitting at work and just want to go home and play.
So I just wanted to say that I hate Destiny for being fun and I hate all of you for being such a fucking awesome community! Forever pulling me back into the ether.

I love you DestinyGaf!

Robdraggoo

lol welcome back

Good Morning DestinyGaf,

I love you DestinyGaf!

Robdraggoo

Welcome back, I'm pretty sure most people quit for a few months and come back because there's really no games out there like it.

So what's the early opinion on Skolas? Is a legit strat doable, or is it obscenely difficult and everyone's gonna rely on Gjallarhorn melting?

I think you could use the sniper strategy with black hammers, but that would probably be much harder. It's pretty hard to stay alive, though easier than arc burn.

E92 M3

One of my favorite parts of Osiris is the initial introduction where both teams face each other. That's a really cool touch adds to the competitive spirit.

Welcome back, I'm pretty sure most people quit for a few months and come back because there's really no games out there like it.

Yep, that's what happened to me. And now there is so much catching up to do that I can't possibly do everything every week. It's great and also terrible.

Trakan

So I made a couple of quick videos showing off how awesome the Lightning Grenade is again.

The lightning grenade is both the best and worst grenade I've ever seen in a video game. Sometimes it hits from ungodly ranges/angles and sometimes I'll throw it directly at someone's feet and have it do zero damage.

stb

It feels like we played a lot together this past week in IB, so we might be sick of each other. Regardless, here's the weekly raid post.

I won't be able to play tonight for the first Tuesday in at least 3 months. =\ I'm pulling a "GRIP", though, not a "schwagger15". I should be back next week. In the interim, I'm promoting captscience to the leader party chat maker. I'll keep this post updated throughout the day, though, and try to post the final list around 5 Eastern.

I'll also abstain from suggested itineraries, so when you respond to confirm your availability (or otherwise), please include what content you'd like to do tonight.

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- VoG full (captscience wants armor for his Hunter + Found Verdict)
- PoE 35 (Dave_6 hasn't done one yet)
- PoE 32/34 (GRIP wants to level his Warlock)

1) captscience (PSN captscience)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
5) captscience's bro ??
6) macewank (PSN macewank) - down for HM VoG, PoE 32/34, maybe PoE35, possibly HM CE
a) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) - looking for PoE 32/34/35
a) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - available after 10:30 Eastern

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern

Possible activities
- "down for whatever", but hasn't raided since HoW dropped (ich00)
- NF x3 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 32 (Hung Wei Lo and LTWood12)
- PoE 35 (LTWood12, T-44, hawkian, kazeshini)

1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern for pre-gaming, possibly PoE 35
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) - will be on around 8:30 Eastern
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) - will be on around 9:00 Eastern
6) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) - down for HM VoG, PoE 32/34, maybe PoE35, possibly HM CE
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) - strong preference for PoE35
a) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) - looking for PoE 32/34/35
a) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - available after 10:30 Eastern

Alts
1) LkPr (PSN LkPr)
2) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
3) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
4) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - probably won't be around all week; maybe a bit on the weekend
x) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) - will be around later in the week for NF, PoE, etc.
x) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) - out through the weekend
x) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - can't play Tuesday night

Bladelaw

Don't feel too bad it was 1:30AM for me when I finally hit rank 5. had 80 points left and nailed the Iron Wrath bounty on a win making it useless for rep.

Top Bottom