• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Anyone want to join me and my buddy for the nightfall? We're 33 Titan and 33 Warlock, respectively.

We're good fun, too.

PSN ID: SolidChamp

Lnkn52

I hate how weak this hunter is.
Don't worry, next expansion you can now channel Katniss. Super OP.

katniss-catching-fire-h724.jpg

I'm sitting here not wanting to go to work and play my reset activities instead. I actually want to do weeklies to get my 23 guaranteed motes. All to reroll my Her Benevolence.

I didn't have enough money / room to buy Hunter IB gauntlets and boots.

I already farmed once yesterday. I chose another round of ToO session instead to end the reset. I chose wisely, but I wish I still had an opportunity to buy the gauntlets.

Top of page fake edit, #PenguinMasterRace

#TiredPenguinNeedNap

I approve of this post

I hate how weak this hunter is.

Sorry things didn't pan out properly name, we would have had him on the next run. :-(

Kyoufu

No real safe (cheesy) way found at the moment.
The safest thing seems to be to stun-lock him with a sniper as soon as he appears, while your teammates rocket him to death. If he manages to escape to the back of the room, pursuing him on the little "balcony" on the left side of the room is the most efficient, as you can continue to burn him while the adds take a long ass time to come and find you. Use a bubble there for maximum protection, and watch your back for the eventual shanks.

It was just me and a friend. He used his Gjallarhorn but I could barely get anything off with my Icebreaker because it teleported somewhere far away. :(

Gjallarhorn.

:(

Bradach

what armor can I get my my armor core this week?

Boots I hope, then I'll be lvl34. I haven't gotten a single piece of etheric light.

So here is some useless information I discovered last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHPt04M1YAc

The exotic Sidearm can destroy Knight Scab Shields. With 2 pulses (6 bullets) the shield despawns.

I only tested this with the Exotic Sidearm. I didn't test it with the Vestian Dynasty.

The way the shield just despawns makes it seem like a bug. Note that I did not have my weapon fully leveled up, so it has nothing to do with the richochet rounds perk.

noomi

So here is some useless information I discovered last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHPt04M1YAc

The exotic Sidearm can destroy Knight Scab Shields. With 2 pulses (6 bullets) the shield despawns.

I only tested this with the Exotic Sidearm. I didn't test it with the Vestian Dynasty.

The way the shield just despawns makes it seem like a bug. Note that I did not have my weapon fully leveled up, so it has nothing to do with the richochet rounds perk.

waaaaat, that's actually pretty cool. Nice find.

Dregs Promise redeemed?

noomi

What's the best way to power level a character? Looking to finally get a second one going.

Stock up on bounties and do the hardest story missions possible. You can mix some crucible in there to help out.

Best would be to find a high level guardian willing to sherpa you through the entire story quickly.

Dave_6

Hmm, solar Skolas huh? Might be finally time for me to do the 35 then. Especially now that I have all my characters at 34 and have a 365 VoC and Hypehorn. May ascend my BH too if I have an etheric light left.

macewank

Hmm, solar Skolas huh? Might be finally time for me to do the 35 then. Especially now that I have all my characters at 34 and have a 365 VoC and Hypehorn. May ascend my BH too if I have an etheric light left.

Yep. I think this might be my first week of cracking @ the 35. At a minimum, I'll take my hunter. Solar burn + Nighthawk ought to do a pretty good bit of damage to ol Skoley in addition to the VoC and Gjallarbombs.

noomi

Man, I'm anxious to get home for Skolas.

I can feel that solar hand cannon, I just know it's going to drop today!

E92 M3

I think the new raid will not be like Crota's End at all. I am expecting something epic on the scale of Vault of Glass. If Bungie is taking this long to develop it, it's gonna be good.

noomi

Already gave up on Solar Jewel?

The Hawkmoon search broke you noomi. It broke you. :(

Hah, hell no! I want that solar jewel even more but with how hard it is to get to flawless and then playing the whole RNG game with the chest on mercury I don't see it happening anytime soon :p I keep getting scout rifles out of it!

The hawkmoon will always be my favorite though, hawkmoon 4 life

Felwinter eluded me, again. Well I have Matador but still...

Birth of History in my final game for this IB. Sharded my old one and sort of regret that... its fairly uncommon.

This IB was dog shit. LOTS of those shitty ass maps not suited for Control. Can't be coincidence. The top picks must've been Anomaly, Asylum and Burning Shrine.

I dunno. I think the lag switchers ruining otherwise even matches and the game insisting on giving me Shores of Time 6-8 times in a row is worse, in a way. That and never, ever, EVER seeing Skywatch once.

If a friend and I didn't have mics at the moment but had a guide for VoG up and readily available...how easy would it be to do a VoG run (with a full party) and not be totally shit?

What's the best way to power level a character? Looking to finally get a second one going.

Play the first couple of Story missions on the hardest difficultly for the XP bonus. This should get you to about level 4, maybe the high end of level 3.

Play some PvP until about level 12. Make sure to pick up bounties and do them as best as possible.

Around Level 12, go back and play the rest of the story missions on the highest difficulties for the XP bonuses. Do PvE bounties at the same time as best you can.

PvP hidden TrueSkill is based per character, so this character will have a clean slate, and your first week or so of PvP will be against people who are at the bottom of the barrel. Assuming you play Solo. Playing with groups will obviously alter the playing field.

I know that part, I cannot select a weapon to complete the step. Searching around it looks like a bug and there is no known fix. Neat.

Dumb question, I know, but are you full on Special Weapons? Or do you have a 2nd Cipher quest in progress?

Shito

If a friend and I didn't have mics at the moment but had a guide for VoG up and readily available...how easy would it be to do a VoG run (with a full party) and not be totally shit?
Very doable, as long as others have mics.
Kadey here did all the game's content without ever using a mic.

Top Bottom