• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

LTWood12

Why are people calling this a glitch? This isn't a glitch. It's high intellect w/ ashes to asset and solar burn. Someone trying this in Trials is just going to get killed over and over because they're so intent on killing the other team with their gunslinger grenades (which are garbage).

Why are people calling this a glitch? This isn't a glitch. It's high intellect w/ ashes to asset and solar burn. Someone trying this in Trials is just going to get killed over and over because they're so intent on killing the other team with their gunslinger grenades (which are garbage).

Garbage? Tripmine is garbage? What the fuck am I reading?

EL CUCO

It doesn't have to get an actual kill though. damage ticks on the swarm grenade are being counted as a kill.

Destiny Inventory Manager for chrome has apparently been updated, and Chrome notified me that it is seeking greater privileges, including modifying my Bungie acct data... i removed it from my Chrome, but does anyone know for sure what the modifications exactly entail?

LTWood12

Garbage? Tripmine is garbage? What the fuck am I reading?

A bit of hyperbole. Trip mines for sure would be the choice. But who is constantly scoring enough grenade kills in a 3 vs. 3 activity to make this anywhere close to an exploit?

So you have to use the scatter grenades to get this to work? I'd love to play a team of guys intent on getting kills (or hitting me) with their scatter grenades

Destiny Inventory Manager for chrome has apparently been updated, and Chrome notified me that it is seeking greater privileges, including modifying my Bungie acct data... i removed it from my Chrome, but does anyone know for sure what the modifications exactly entail?

I should start reading those notices. lol

I just agreed on my without reading. Did I screw up?

Anastasis

Ok so this is our fourth week of HoW, is it just me but I feel like I'm slowly getting burned by this expansions content. Comparing it to TDB I remember going strong with the raids for well over 2 months in and I still wanted more. For all its critique Crotas End was a lot of fun. I really wish we would get some new 6 player team content. Btw Noomi what time is the drunk raid at ?

Getting back into PvP has been fun, but I can't believe how quickly PoE got old. The first time it seemed like it could be really fun, but maybe it's the higher levels, the boss fights, I don't know, but I just don't want to play it anymore.

A bit of hyperbole. Trip mines for sure would be the choice. But who is constantly scoring enough grenade kills in a 3 vs. 3 activity to make this anywhere close to an exploit?

So you have to use the scatter grenades to get this to work? I'd love to play a team of guys intent on getting kills (or hitting me) with their scatter grenades

I did not get the same results on Widow's Court but Pantheon was great for my tripmines.

blackjaw

This is the first week in many many many months (possible since launch) that I haven't done weekly reset activities (nightfall/weekly/raid/poe) on Tuesday.

Damn ESO...

Getting back into PvP has been fun, but I can't believe how quickly PoE got old. The first time it seemed like it could be really fun, but maybe it's the higher levels, the boss fights, I don't know, but I just don't want to play it anymore.
the weapons rarely drop and have weird perks
the main loot is heavily rng based
the scenery is dull
no checkpoints
repetitive fights with modifiers that are more annoying than fun
cabal

i don't think its worth replaying either. aside from a few encounters and the spectacle of the treasure room, it's just a chore for above average loot,

Lnkn52

I should start reading those notices. lol

I just agreed on my without reading. Did I screw up?

You can always look at the permissions under settings. Tower Ghost has the same ones.
MKEleYk.png

It's necessary for it to work. Plus there isn't a dismantle option in the API, so I wouldn't worry until there is one.

Thanks for the smooth PoE34 run Wheel and Blaze!
Wish I could have scored some points for the Elder Cipher but Variks was not ready yet.
And ofcourse after the run he summoned me T_T

During PoE 34, Robinson described his titan as "his youngest."

What a proud papa!!!

Sorry I kept dying. Seem to get nervous playing with you pros . . .

LiK

the scenery is dull
no checkpoints
cabal

i don't think its worth replaying either. aside from a few encounters and the spectacle of the treasure room, it's just a chore for above average loot,

You up for some PVP tonight? I'm up for anything

Does it work with tripmines?

How it works is that scatter grenades counts one hit=kill. Then for some reason ashes to assets stack which allows you to fill your whole bar up.

Then you need ashes to assets perk on your helmet and arm piece. So far only spine of Amhakara and a pre HoW helmet works that way.

twilight gap is nkt a good elimination map. A team likes to camp their spawn and the sightlines around the map arent interesting for tactical gameplay. the cap point is also weird where it's placed.

Delphi wasnt so hot either. heavy ammo practically handed to one team.

I ended up replaying Pantheon, Widows Court and Burning Shrinr back to back and Shrine was the only one that felt right. Funny how that works.

Then again i was Sunsinger and used [missed with] the Bow on Widows Court

Anastasis

the scenery is dull
no checkpoints
cabal

Your insights are always spot on. I think we need to start a Twitter campaign to have Bungie hire you to make a really fun game freaking amazing. #BungieHireTwilightGap

Daemul

Your insights are always spot on. I think we need to start a Twitter campaign to have Bungie hire you to make a really fun game freaking amazing. #BungieHireTwilightGap

They need to hire Zoba for the PvP map designs at the least, whoever is currently working on them is terrible at it.

the scenery is dull
no checkpoints
cabal

All true, but I still like it. Beating Qodron legit was one of the best feelings I've had playing Destiny. The teamwork and communication it required was daunting.

During PoE 34, Robinson described his titan as "his youngest."

What a proud papa!!!

Sorry I kept dying. Seem to get nervous playing with you pros . . .

Well, she is my youngest character (born mid December) but also my favorite!
No worries or apologies man, we're not pro's and will never look down on people.
Important thing is we got it done without breaking a sweat.

Variks just summoned me, wish he'd done that before our PoE run...

zewone

twilight gap is nkt a good elimination map. A team likes to camp their spawn and the sightlines around the map arent interesting for tactical gameplay. the cap point is also weird where it's placed.

Delphi wasnt so hot either. heavy ammo practically handed to one team.

I ended up replaying Pantheon, Widows Court and Burning Shrinr back to back and Shrine was the only one that felt right. Funny how that works.

Then again i was Sunsinger and used [missed with] the Bow on Widows Court

I think that's funny as Patheon is probably the most fair of the 3 so far. It has no advantage on either side, while both Widows Court and Burning Shrine both had optimal sides and clear advantages.

the scenery is dull
no checkpoints
cabal

They blow up planets and moons just for getting in their way.

Deku Tree

Now that Halo 5 looks to be going with a free Maps model which probably means they will be monetizing micro transactions hopefully just for cosmetic stuff like armors that doesn't affect gameplay in any way because nothing in this world is free....

...how would you feel if Destiny started allowing you to buy cosmetic stuff like armor skins or weapons shaders in exchange for reduced cost of the content itself? (But man if you had to delete some of what you paid for because you didn't have enough space that would stink.)

So the only way to get the new exotic weapons are by getting cyphers? Can they be attained by Nightfall?

Also, i don't get what are these cipher things :/

lol im just good at complaining

They need to hire Zoba for the PvP map designs at the least, whoever is currently working on them is terrible at it.

perhaps. destiny maps are different than Halo maps so i might have a better handle on them. Main thing i'd do different is have wider hallways and ceilings, leas clutter, and more height variation. Black Shield among others wouldnt have made it passed concept.

All true, but I still like it. Beating Qodron legit was one of the best feelings I've had playing Destiny. The teamwork and communication it required was daunting.

flame prince is one of my favs once i figured out how to beat him without titans

Deku Tree

So the only way to get the new exotic weapons are by getting cyphers? Can they be attained by Nightfall?

No you get the three new exotic weapons by doing a Ether Cypher bounty that RNG drops from both the level 34 and the level 35 PoE boss fights.

Now that Halo 5 looks to be going with a free Maps model which probably means they will be monetizing micro transactions hopefully just for cosmetic stuff like armors that doesn't affect gameplay in any way because nothing in this world is free....

...how would you feel if Destiny started allowing you to buy cosmetic stuff like armor skins or weapons shaders in exchange for reduced cost of the content itself? (But man if you had to delete some of what you paid for because you didn't have enough space that would stink.)

if it meant free or cheaper expansions, id be for it. We'd lose Hawkian though

phen0m24

lol im just good at complaining

perhaps. destiny maps are different than Halo maps so i might have a better handle on them. Main thing i'd do different is have wider hallways and ceilings, leas clutter, and more height variation. Black Shield among others wouldnt have made it passed concept.

flame prince is one of my favs once i figured out how to beat him without titans

Triple Jump + Nighthawk+Gjallarhorn :p

They ar bounties. You get them after beting PoE 34 or 35 final boss.

After you have the bounty you need to complete the steps, just like other bounties.

Top Bottom