• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

PuMa

i remember him. looks like he tweets somewhat regularly. i wonder if he's interested in Q and A

id really like to pick the brains of the MP designers and see how they approach [stumble upon] the map layouts

Yeah, he was tweeting out hints for the ToO map before last weekend. He chooses the map for the event.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bladedancing has to be the most useless PvE super. You can't even take out a yellow with Mask of the Third Man extending it's duration and during the attack you just get pummeled by all the other adds. Frustrates me because the invis is so useful.
It's incredibly useful as a utility super with the on-demand stealth and mobility. It's poor for DPS and Orb generation.

PuMa

What you guys think we will see this week? I like shores, but I'm not sure it would work well on elimination.

I think anomaly or asylum is more like it.

Anomaly is just a terrible map, in my opinion. I really hope that's not what we get. Asylum might play ok for ToO.

Another new HoW map might be a good choice, maybe Timekeeper.

AHHHHHHHHH! Finally! Rank 78!
CHJ6ZPHUIAAGR-V.jpg:orig

Can anybody think of a reason why Bungie would think it was a good design decision to have a Shank burn bonus to so many weapons? Shanks are rarely a threat outside of Arcburn Nightfall and are typically cannon fodder not worthy of a special burn. WTF could have been the reason for this nonsense?

Why not have the weapons be a roll for a bonus against a random Fallen enemy? That would be something worth pursuing.

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/397ph0/the_nature_of_the_exo/

Its a really good read about the exos/vex/stranger/wtf is going on.

Also pisses me off that bungie dosnt include things like this in the game. Destiny could have had a GREAT storry. They should have made som cut sceens out of the most important things from the grimoire cards.

Instead we get a dumb Ghost to "protect" while enemies runs towards us to die.

mindblown.gif

Can anybody think of a reason why Bungie would think it was a good design decision to have a Shank burn bonus to so many weapons? Shanks are rarely a threat outside of Arcburn Nightfall and are typically cannon fodder not worthy of a special burn. WTF could have been the reason for this nonsense?

Why not have the weapons be a roll for a bonus against a random Fallen enemy? That would be something worth pursuing.

becuase Shanks in a prison was too good of refrence to pass up

lt519

It's incredibly useful as a utility super with the on-demand stealth and mobility. It's poor for DPS and Orb generation.

Yeah, behind defender titan it is the best class for PoE. It's just useless for generating orbs for your team when you are fighting waves of yellows.

Bladedancing has to be the most useless PvE super. You can't even take out a yellow with Mask of the Third Man extending it's duration and during the attack you just get pummeled by all the other adds. Frustrates me because the invis is so useful.

Khepri's Sting?

Deku Tree

Picked up the sniper and shotgun last night. Haven't played with them much. I had all three ciphers drop from Skolas on Sunday and Variks had all three ready 48 hours later. Lucked out.

Pop super for a long invis with MotTM is a great way to use your super in PvE. I usually run bladedance in PvE and GG in PvP.

Is the gorgon's lair not a darkness zone anymore or something?

You must be at normal Gorgons.

Kyoufu

It's great for cheesing the VoG jump puzzle.

Yeah, behind defender titan it is the best class for PoE. It's just useless for generating orbs for your team when you are fighting waves of yellows.

before Crotas End no one gave 2 poops about BD invis. then it became a nessecity. Now its a common utility. funny how things change.

GG used to be amazing. now its fairly poor. as is that whole sub-class. Somehow hunters have maintained there awesomeness despite being the worst class for High-level content.
Still best class in PVP thuogh. both sub-classes riegn supreme

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thursday, 6/11/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid & Sword School - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Deku Tree

I am rank 3 or higher on everything in the tower on all my toons. I can buy anything in the tower. Now I am just starting to grind DO on all toons. I got Bittersteel so far but I want all four DO shaders and the DO ship too.

Top Bottom