• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Soooo. I'm running poe34 and I get a cypher from the box. This is on my character already carrying one. I take it to variks, am I now waiting to be called to get the gun?

Arrrammis

Now that Halo 5 looks to be going with a free Maps model which probably means they will be monetizing micro transactions hopefully just for cosmetic stuff like armors that doesn't affect gameplay in any way because nothing in this world is free....

...how would you feel if Destiny started allowing you to buy cosmetic stuff like armor skins or weapons shaders in exchange for reduced cost of the content itself? (But man if you had to delete some of what you paid for because you didn't have enough space that would stink.)
I would not like it. It would be nice at first, but I feel like it would eventually make it impossible/absurdly difficult to get the the content without paying. As someone who hit max level pretty quickly, pressty much the entire endgame right now is finding the best looking armor and shader combinations. Buying stuff would just take away from the fun.

Qwell

Now that Halo 5 looks to be going with a free Maps model which probably means they will be monetizing micro transactions hopefully just for cosmetic stuff like armors that doesn't affect gameplay in any way because nothing in this world is free....

...how would you feel if Destiny started allowing you to buy cosmetic stuff like armor skins or weapons shaders in exchange for reduced cost of the content itself? (But man if you had to delete some of what you paid for because you didn't have enough space that would stink.)
I would be perfectly fine, honestly my time is worth valuable to me and I don't mind spending some money for things like that if its a game I really enjoy. I would love to spend a few bucks for a nice matte black shader. And of course since the beginning of time I was saying I would spend good money on increased vault space, $20 for just 100 slots of whatever the heck I want.

And I know it won't ever in a million years happen, but I would pay money if I could have my PS3/4 characters transfer to X1. I don't have a copy of the game on X1 yet, but I do have some friends that play on it and it would be nice to play with them without having to redo everything.

Deku Tree

if it meant free or cheaper expansions, id be for it. We'd lose Hawkian though

Nah Hawkian plays GW2 which has cosmetic micro transaction stuff (I believe, never played myself). Hawkian would stay as long as the micro transactions do no affect gameplay at all in even the tiniest little way (I guess).

macewank

Hell. I'd give them $20 if they made emblems, shaders, and ships an entitlement thing and not actual items. Once you get it, you got it and you won't ever see it drop again.

Not sure why they didn't do that to begin with, tbh.

Nah Hawkian plays GW2 which has cosmetic micro transaction stuff (I believe, never played myself). Hawkian would stay as long as the micro transactions do no affect gameplay at all in even the tiniest little way (I guess).

Fashion Wars 2! GW2 is all about the micro transactions. However, they're very well done, and most won't give you an advantage in anyway. There are couple of small ones, but they're not a big deal.

Gaming side is crazy today. So much new stuff.

Mirrors Edge, Hellblade, Ratchet & Clank, Dark Souls 3, Diddy Kong, Brothers PS4... All I all want from this E3 is Guerrillas new project tho. Horizon... I think.

lt519

So finally played a bunch with Six Dreg Pride II (solar) last night and I have to say the Army of One perk is amazing. It felt like I had a non-stop supply of grenades, since 95% of your kills with a hand-cannon are OHK head shots in PvE. The thing also melts wizards and shanks in the NF.

EL CUCO

Any weapons from Varicks worth getting? Don't know if I should save these weapon cores or just start buying stuff.
Shadows of Veil (Sniper) is the only noteworthy one, and all you need is 1 weapon core for that. Save one and blow the rest on Judgements Chance I guess. Atleast you get a SLIGHT opportunity for gear that isnt all stronk.

Any weapons from Varicks worth getting? Don't know if I should save these weapon cores or just start buying stuff.

Why would you save weapon cores? At this point, buying variks weapons is the only thing they do. Besides taking a chance on the judgment.

Edit: Also, the scout rifle has extremelly high rate of fire. It will give you hand cramps, but it's still awesome.

So why is everyone sweating the Queenbreakers' Bow?

I picked Lord of Wolves, but Robinson said I get another chance to choose which exotic I want.

Sell me on the Bow!

Shadows of Veil (Sniper) is the only noteworthy one, and all you need is 1 weapon core for that. Save one and blow the rest on Judgements Chance I guess. Atleast you get a SLIGHT opportunity for gear that isnt all stronk.

I already have a 365 LDR with Firefly and other awesome perks, so I guess I can funnel all my cores into Judgment's Chance. Thanks for the info.

EL CUCO

I picked Lord of Wolves, but Robinson said I get another chance to choose which exotic I want.

Sell me on the Bow!
It does the sshhhhPEW noise!

Lord of Wolves sounds like a pulse rifle that's falling apart, imo. I wish it was an actual Shrapnel Launcher, not some bootleg imitation

Sell me on the Bow!

I already have a 365 LDR with Firefly and other awesome perks, so I guess I can funnel all my cores into Judgment's Chance. Thanks for the info.

It's a sniper rifle that you start with close to 50 bullets. It also looks really cool.

A_Gorilla

Banned

Sell me on the Bow!

Its a sniper rifle that you can hip fire...

lt519

Anyone have all three exotics yet? Sitting on collecting 1000 points for the last one. This weeks PoE 34 boss is a good one to farm for it.

How is the POE 34 this week. Im still only 33 and want to do it but I dont want to be a burden

Easiest level 34 PoE so far. The first four rounds are a complete joke (but the first round with airborne is incredible fun to run around and jump shotgun people) and the boss is pretty easy if you can locate and take out the wizards. They'll hit you pretty hard at 33 but I think a team of all 33s could easily do it.

It does the sshhhhPEW noise!

Lord of Wolves sounds like a pulse rifle that's falling apart, imo. I wish it was an actual Shrapnel Launcher, not some bootleg imitation

It's a sniper rifle that you start with close to 50 bullets. It also looks really cool.

feeling . . . mind . . . changing . . .

Also, with a 365 Found Verdict, a Matador 64, a 4th Horseman, is there really room in my life for another shotgun?

How is the POE 34 this week. Im still only 33 and want to do it but I dont want to be a burden

Gala and I are doing it pretty soon if you want to join. It's not hard at all (unless you keep Bladedancing with yellow bar acolytes trying to get Robinson his orbs and dying over and over like I did).

lt519

Noomi has all 3 , he said that lord is the most fun one.

Picked up the sniper and shotgun last night. Haven't played with them much. I had all three ciphers drop from Skolas on Sunday and Variks had all three ready 48 hours later. Lucked out.

(unless you keep Bladedancing with yellow bar acolytes trying to get Robinson his orbs and dying over and over like I did).

Bladedancing has to be the most useless PvE super. You can't even take out a yellow with Mask of the Third Man extending it's duration and during the attack you just get pummeled by all the other adds. Frustrates me because the invis is so useful.

Super easy, and you wouldn't be a burden.

You play it the exact same way you may have played the other Hive boss with the burning floor.

Ive never done a 34 yet so I dont know about the burning floor. as long as I have some sherpas I should be fine then. Thanks
I want to get some etheric light this week to upgrade FB, VOC and FV.

Top Bottom