• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I started 32 PoE solo. About to start round 2 if anyone wants to join. Won't be watching the thread, but add Dr_LawyerCop or just hop in if you're on my list.

Lol I would support this movement. The first two online MP games I got into back in the day were Unreal Tournament and CS. I still think they represent high points for polar ends of the FPS spectrum between "fast paced run-gun insta-gib" and "slow paced methodical/tactical."

CS especially teaches you so much about teamwork, communication, and coordination in objective-based MP.

Oh man, the memories. We used to have LAN partied in college back in the day. Played tons of Unreal Tournament 2004 and Counter Strike. So much fun hunkering down and playing all day and through the night with pizza and mountain dew.

Wish Unreal Tournament was a bigger player today. Seems it has basically checked out while Counter Strike is bigger than ever.

Kydd BlaZe

Need 2 more guardians for the 32 PoE boss.

Add Kydd-BlaZe

Was playing with some annoying randoms that had no clue how to deal with the final boss and just would not listen what I was trying to tell them.

I'm at the boss right now.

So I beat PoE 35 for the first time today.

On my first character I got Shader and Emblem but no ship. Apparently if you buy the Queen's ship from Petra the PoE ship won't drop?

And then on my second character I got nothing at all. Have they not fixed that bug where the goodies only drop for one character each week?

The ship, shader, and emblem only drop from the first POE 35 big chest you loot, forever. After that the ship can drop on any big chest loot but I don't believe the shader or emblem drop at all. FWIW in 3 kills and 3 big chest loots over 2 weeks I've gotten 3 ships (including the first guaranteed one), twice on the same character.

POE 35 is just a complete mess and its pretty obvious bungie is going to be forced to address it next month. Already there is no real reason to run any of the POEs for many people, already full 34s and even have most of the POE armor as well thanks to judgement rolls, and the skolas weapons are a joke compared to 365 versions of fatebringer/VOC/ToO weapons. A few people are still running it for the exotic bounties but once you compete 3 of those (easy to do really with 3x runs a week) you will be done.

Its really, really disappointing that the POE armor is pretty much built only for POE and the perks are worthless outside of it.

Oh man, the memories. We used to have LAN partied in college back in the day. Played tons of Unreal Tournament 2004 and Counter Strike. So much fun hunkering down and playing all day and through the night with pizza and mountain dew.

Wish Unreal Tournament was a bigger player today. Seems it has basically checked out while Counter Strike is bigger than ever.

Holy cow, LAN parties were the best. No lag complaints (unlike all our Destiny chat parties) and you could reach over and smack your buddy IRL if he started trolling (of course we didn't have that term then). Last I heard there was a UT renewal type of game being kick started or something?

I'm out of the loop for all gaming news, and DGAF has ruined me for any online gaming. I could never get into another game unless it had a strong community to play with, and ideally some of the same people (like we did with DGAF-Bloodborne parties).

Tried sending you a PSN, assuming its the same in your profile? But also assuming youre not on..well if I see you need help later on, we can burst it out in ~8 mins sometimes later.

Well there is only one way to find out ;)
but really no its not worth getting at first

Ah I didn't see your post I just added you my name on PSN is Parenegade.

Was it ever explained why the best perks for PoE armor are hive based perks? I could really use all those greatly recharge perks on skolas instead of possibly making an orb when I melee a dreg and die soon afterwards to the nuke cannon or a wire rifle.

milkham

Was it ever explained why the best perks for PoE armor are hive based perks? I could really use all those greatly recharge perks on skolas instead of possibly making an orb when I melee a dreg and die soon afterwards to the nuke cannon or a wire rifle.

from gambling it looks like those perks are random, i figure they're doing it like the strength rolls, next week maybe we'll see all discipline and all cabal rolls

Top Bottom