• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Were it so easy.

I'm not sure what use they are anyway. I don't remember really using them on my low characters.
you could get an upgrade something like between the 3rd and 4th story mission. I wonder how they are in Crucible

EL CUCO

Man...moving weapons from toon to toon with the limited space is becoming a real balancing act. I hate sharding weapons but I think some of these Legendaries gotta go.

I need to repost that guide for TLW. I remember having incorrect numbers in there but I was unable to edit it because the thread was locked. I actually tried to post it on Reddit last month too.

Went over the character limit.

Zocano

I need to repost that guide for TLW. I remember having incorrect numbers in there but I was unable to edit it because the thread was locked. I actually tried to post it on Reddit last month too.

Hire an editor

Man...moving weapons from toon to toon with the limited space is becoming a real balancing act. I hate sharding weapons but I think some of these Legendaries gotta go.

Yea I know. Then I started sharding old weapons for weapon parts and there's my space! I sharded all old legendary weapons that are non-raid and non-ib.

Ganhyun

That spot for Skolas is not "safe" like it's made out to be. I've semi-camped at it the arc-burn week (two weeks ago), and got decimated many times by splash damage, grenades, snipers, and Captains that will run up to you.

Perhaps it's safe in the beginning since the enemies spawn further away from it, and you can burn Skolas down before he or the adds path-finds their way to you. But I don't think it's any better of a "cheese spot" as the ramps on either side of the arena. Plus it's much harder to snipe Skolas from there rather than the left-side ramp.

Just telling him what the info has been the last few pages.

As a new convert to TLW, I appreciate this guide. I immediately noticed an improvement over my Hawkmoon. Still getting used to some of its handling, but I have already won battles I know I would have lost with other primaries. The TTK is surprising when you get off two headhsots.

Wish I listened to the praises earlier, but HC's in PvP was something I was averse too for a long time.

Zocano

Yah the burnout is hitting me really hard, too.

Trials is definitely something I want to get to somewhat consistently because it's fun (and I need those helmets this weekend).

But there is soooo much prison of elders to run if I want to roll judgment's chances that it is kind of exhausting.

willow ve

As a new convert to TLW, I appreciate this guide. I immediately noticed an improvement over my Hawkmoon. Still getting used to some of its handling, but I have already won battles I know I would have lost with other primaries. The TTK is surprising when you get off two headhsots.

Wish I listened to the praises earlier, but HC's in PvP was something I was averse too for a long time.

Once you switch to TLW you can't really go back to other weapons. Sure an edge case could probably be made for Thorn or Red Death... but TLW is so buttery smooth it's hard to put it away.

XenoRaven

This is slightly OT and it's not meant to be an old man yells at cloud thing but here goes.

Getting into Destiny MP again started making me miss Halo, so I went back to it today. To be fair, I only played one game, but here was my experience.

I went to Big Team because I figured I would be less of a detriment to my team if I sucked. We got Halo 3 Assault on Valhalla. It was a total disaster. People had no concept of weapon pickups, map control, or teamwork. People were running out into the middle of Valhalla without picking up a BR. No one used grenades effectively. Someone on our team quit, we scored once, and then the other team got on the Warthog and started wrecking everyone at our base. People would spawn and just run back into the Warthog's line of fire. I ended up getting back to the base with the shotgun to try and clear them out but because I've been using Destiny shotguns I vastly overestimated the range and failed. We ended up getting scored on 3 times in a row to lose the game.

I haven't played Halo for any extended period of time for longer than I can remember. I played a bit of MCC when it came out but got quickly frustrated with it not working so I quit. I played the Halo 5 Beta the last few days it was available and enjoyed it. Keep that in mind because I got the second most kills on my team and was also one of two people that actually had a positive K/D. I get that K/D isn't everything, especially in an objective game, but one person had 0 kills and 10 deaths while another had 1 kill and 11 deaths. People were running into me with the Mongoose while I was trying to fight. They were bumping me while I was getting into a BR duel. And while I guess it could have been trolling, they weren't doing it often enough to make it seem intentional.

Shooters have really changed post Call of Duty. Everyone expects sprinting, perks, loadouts, and there's no concept of map control at all. People just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off with no regard to their current weapons or the situation on the map. I don't think I'll step into Halo MP again without friends.

I bring this up in the Destiny thread because I think it's the type of game that has contributed to this situation, even though I really love the game. I don't hate Call of Duty or Destiny or Battlefield or anything. But it seems like some serious damage has been done to the type of shooters I played as a teen and continue to enjoy.

*Falls over in rocking chair. Breaks hip.*

Once you switch to TLW you can't really go back to other weapons. Sure an edge case could probably be made for Thorn or Red Death... but TLW is so buttery smooth it's hard to put it away.

This is true. It's such a smooth feeling cowboy sex pistol. Perfect RoF, design, and sound effect.

ExVicis

This is true. It's such a smooth feeling cowboy sex pistol. Perfect RoF, design, and sound effect.
This is so true it hurts. Every time I try to use a different weapon in Crucible partway through I just switch right back to TLW. Every. Time.

I honestly could just go back for the flip the gun does, even if was subpar.

This is slightly OT and it's not meant to be an old man yells at cloud thing but here goes.

Getting into Destiny MP again started making me miss Halo, so I went back to it today. To be fair, I only played one game, but here was my experience.

I went to Big Team because I figured I would be less of a detriment to my team if I sucked. We got Halo 3 Assault on Valhalla. It was a total disaster. People had no concept of weapon pickups, map control, or teamwork. People were running out into the middle of Valhalla without picking up a BR. No one used grenades effectively. Someone on our team quit, we scored once, and then the other team got on the Warthog and started wrecking everyone at our base. People would spawn and just run back into the Warthog's line of fire. I ended up getting back to the base with the shotgun to try and clear them out but because I've been using Destiny shotguns I vastly overestimated the range and failed. We ended up getting scored on 3 times in a row to lose the game.

I haven't played Halo for any extended period of time for longer than I can remember. I played a bit of MCC when it came out but got quickly frustrated with it not working so I quit. I played the Halo 5 Beta the last few days it was available and enjoyed it. Keep that in mind because I got the second most kills on my team and was also one of two people that actually had a positive K/D. I get that K/D isn't everything, especially in an objective game, but one person had 0 kills and 10 deaths while another had 1 kill and 11 deaths. People were running into me with the Mongoose while I was trying to fight. They were bumping me while I was getting into a BR duel. And while I guess it could have been trolling, they weren't doing it often enough to make it seem intentional.

Shooters have really changed post Call of Duty. Everyone expects sprinting, perks, loadouts, and there's no concept of map control at all. People just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off with no regard to their current weapons or the situation on the map. I don't think I'll step into Halo MP again without friends.

I bring this up in the Destiny thread because I think it's the type of game that has contributed to this situation, even though I really love the game. I don't hate Call of Duty or Destiny or Battlefield or anything. But it seems like some serious damage has been done to the type of shooters I played as a teen and continue to enjoy.

*Falls over in rocking chair. Breaks hip.*

Sounds about right, BTB is just lol.

Top Bottom