• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Qwell

Woots 4th Elder Cipher, helpful since the one on my warlock is still bugged and I can't accept it or dismiss it.

LiK

Sorry, I know you've been wanting it since forever. Do you have TLW? It's hard to go back to Hawkmoon after using that. At least for PvP

yea, i have TLW altho i need to reupgrade it all over again because of what happened in the Crota DLC. haven't used it much so it'll be a pain to relearn it all over again.

because you want it.

i didn't care about Ghorn when it dropped for me in Iron Banner. At that point, i had decided that i wasn't going to do anything that required Ghorn. And then *poof*

even when i lost interest in it, it still won't drop for me. so frustrating.

So my Titan has been ignored for Trials until the last day, Monday. This is how he felt about abandoning him for almost 3 weeks:

InconsequentialWavyAmmonite.gif

Probably the best finish to a trials match I've experienced so far, despite dying at the beginning of that gif lol.

LiK

just when i thought i had my go to PVP weapon, it ends up sucking in normal Crucible. IB and Trials is gonna be what satisfies me now until Hawkmoon drops.

Okayrene n company thanks for the VoG run. Whoever was quarterbacking it was awesome, learned a bunch and got another legendary weapon.

Atheons Epilogue

To add to my collection.
Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict and Praedyths Revenge.

Now need to find a group to do Crota for that Ballerhorn!

Lol I was the QB (DrDrizzay) if by that you mean "the guy that talked the most." Glad you had fun! Atheons Ep has been nerfed hard like all auto rifles, but it's still a void primary (which is rare) and it wrecks Oracles during the Atheon fight. Maybe some time will work out to do a Crota run, it's a lot faster than VoG.

i completely understand anyone who spends an absurd amount of time on Skolas this week. i think void burn is a lot more manageable provided everyone is familiar with the encounter and properly equipped, but solar burn really is a crapshoot with the Gjallarhorn strat (without bubbles at least). i don't remember arc burn being as bad with snipers equipped. granted you couldn't really run around the arena, but Skolas could be DPSed into oblivion with stun locking snipers.

This fight should just stay void.

LiK

i completely understand anyone who spends an absurd amount of time on Skolas this week. i think void burn is a lot more manageable provided everyone is familiar with the encounter and properly equipped, but solar burn really is a crapshoot with the Gjallarhorn strat (without bubbles at least). i don't remember arc burn being as bad with snipers equipped. granted you couldn't really run around the arena, but Skolas could be DPSed into oblivion with stun locking snipers.

yea, you guys need at least one bubble.

The safe spot cheese strat doesn't really require a bubble. Definitely makes it easier to have one, though.

LTWood12

Did two 34s tonight, and got my second and third elder ciphers! Did they way up the the drop rate on it? Thought it was supposed to be pretty rare on 34.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, Void should be the default mode, and yeah, without Titan Bubble you're in for a long time of frustration...

LTWood12

Completely agree. The fight was actually fun last week!

i want the Hawkmoon more than ever. Why doesn't it drop for me?

LiK you're the new noomi. You'll get it eventually just do

Nightfall X3
Atheon X3
Crota X3
PoE x3 all levels

and once you're done with that you need to play crucible for the rest of the week.

Do this for about 50-60 weeks and your'e guaranteed a hawk moon

Top rated comment in response to your detailed and helpful post: "I think I'd rather eat my own shit than do this."

I don't know why Internet culture is like this or how people could post something like that and think it's acceptable human interaction. Being so involved with this community has helped me to pay a lot more attention to what I write, to choose my words carefully and err on the side of compassion when misunderstandings happen. Sometimes I fall short like everyone else but it's still a goal to keep in mind.

This community also shows the positive flip side to internet anonymity, which frequently only produces garbage like those reddit comments. When you combine some accountability with the anonymity, people are free to live out their internet identity while still caring enough to maintain that identity's value. People here aren't going to shit-post, then make a new account if they get banned. Credit belongs to Gaf's account creation rules but also to this community's collective identity that supports each other (e.g. all the pro-Zoba posts
Proba
) and encourages newcomers while not tolerating toxicity. /end slightly off-topic OT ramblings

@Zoba: if you ever want to update a guide linked in the OP, you can re-post it here and I'll update it. Or PM me some link to an outside source that you control and the link'll update automatically (this is what Lnkn does w the GLord List).

LiK

most of Reddit Destiny is human trash.

LiK you're the new noomi. You'll get it eventually just do

Nightfall X3
Atheon X3
Crota X3
PoE x3 all levels

and once you're done with that you need to play crucible for the rest of the week.

Do this for about 50-60 weeks and your'e guaranteed a hawk moon

god no. just give me HM Gorgon chest.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for Skolas run guys. Not much time invested. I only used three horn rockets in that last run. Got my fifth HIldian seeker.

Top rated comment in response to your detailed and helpful post: "I think I'd rather eat my own shit than do this."

I don't know why Internet culture is like this or how people could post something like that and think it's acceptable human interaction. Being so involved with this community has helped me to pay a lot more attention to what I write, to choose my words carefully and err on the side of compassion when misunderstandings happen. Sometimes I fall short like everyone else but it's still a goal to keep in mind.

This community also shows the positive flip side to internet anonymity, which frequently only produces garbage like those reddit comments. When you combine some accountability with the anonymity, people are free to live out their internet identity while still caring enough to maintain that identity's value. People here aren't going to shit-post, then make a new account if they get banned. Credit belongs to Gaf's account creation rules but also to this community's collective identity that supports each other (e.g. all the pro-Zoba posts
Proba
) and encourages newcomers while not tolerating toxicity. /end slightly off-topic OT ramblings

@Zoba: if you ever want to update a guide linked in the OP, you can re-post it here and I'll update it. Or PM me some link to an outside source that you control and the link'll update automatically (this is what Lnkn does w the GLord List).

it truly was really heartwarming to see the support. i don't want to be sappy but i can't thank everyone enough.

i'm trying to see this as a learning experience though. my original guide was quick and dirty and fit perfectly with the format of this thread, but when i applied it to a larger audience it should have also been larger in scope. not everyone does this, but the kind of post i was making required more data and less bias. i'm always open to correction and criticism, but i don't like to open my mouth if i don't know what i'm talking about. this means what i say can often be abrasive. my original post there was more tongue in cheek, but it was received negatively because of the bizarre requirements alongside of the tone. that is something i could have easily prevented.

i'm not going to take all of the blame but i can't change any of those people. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't incredibly discouraged, but i've already crossed that bridge and gotten over it. depending on how some other stuff goes, i should be able to make more of these kinds of posts.

and i'll try to get around to updating TLW guide.

LiK

it truly was really heartwarming to see the support. i don't want to be sappy but i can't thank everyone enough.

i'm trying to see this as a learning experience though. my original guide was quick and dirty and fit perfectly with the format of this thread, but when i applied it to a larger audience it should have also been larger in scope. not everyone does this, but the kind of post i was making required more data and less bias. i'm always open to correction and criticism, but i don't like to open my mouth if i don't know what i'm talking about. this means what i say can often be abrasive. my original post there was more tongue in cheek, but it was received negatively because of the bizarre requirements alongside of the tone. that is something i could have easily prevented.

i'm not going to take all of the blame but i can't change any of those people. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't incredibly discouraged, but i've already crossed that bridge and gotten over it. depending on some other stuff goes, i should be able to make more of these kinds of posts.

just remember Luke Smith lurks here. we get the hottest scoops.

Zocano

Thanks for Skolas run guys. Not much time invested. I only used three horn rockets in that last run. Got my fifth HIldian seeker.

Black hammah stagga foreva

Sucks Ji66a couldn't get it done. Poopy luck on heavy ammo and the trick wasn't working well for me |:

LiK

Black hammah stagga foreva

Sucks Ji66a couldn't get it done. Poopy luck on heavy ammo and the trick wasn't working well for me |:

don't you guys have plenty of heavy ammo packs? when we ran out, we would just wait for cooldown to end and try again. we might also just do a run for other ammo during cooldown too so we don't waste time.

Zocano

don't you guys have plenty of heavy ammo packs? when we ran out, we would just wait for cooldown to end and try again. we might also just do a run for other ammo during cooldown too so we don't waste time.

Would rather not wait 10 minutes on all the synths to run down.

lol lik i've always loved how blunt you are on GAF even though you're quiet in game.

Where is this coming from? I don't spend much time there, but I've never seen anything atrocious.\\

Oh.

For what it's worth, Bungie.net is a lot worse when it comes to those kind of responses. I'd probably have been called a colorful variety of slurs over there.

I think that's it for this chapter though. Would prefer to avoid dwelling on and sniping other sites here. This has probably buried some LFG posts.

seriously though, fucking graverobber man every time i hop on this sparrow i'm thinking of you and now i'm farming a bunch of shit.

on the note of synths, i joined fig and math for about an hour and burned through 10 synths. what a ridiculous fight.

Isn't farming the Dark Beyond checkpoint a good way to get weapon/armor parts? You take a Bad Juju down there and just make a pile of greens at the door.

Top Bottom