• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

It makes me sad that my Suros just sits in the vault gathering dust now. Used to be one of my favorite guns. Bungie needs to buff ARs soon and make them at least viable again. I'm not asking for them to return to their former glory, I just want to be able to use them and not get the nagging feeling that I'd be better off using literally anything else.

With a few weeks of ToO in the bag, it is time for them to trot out the PvP weapon usage stats again. If it is anything less than 70% Hand Cannon primary usage I would be shocked. It is the elephant in the room that they won't talk about for some reason. PvP is just hand cannons with a few Red Deaths and Mythoclasts now.

Jinjo

http://i.imgur.com/ZXU30pg.gif
Can't forget Titanbros either, their solution to everything can be solved with a fist lol.

Lol at that Hunter crouching around the corner. This ain't no Metal Gear Solid, son.

Edit: sorry randomrosso, didn't notice it was 66 megs ':)

Trace

Banned
It makes me sad that my Suros just sits in the vault gathering dust now. Used to be one of my favorite guns. Bungie needs to buff ARs soon and make them at least viable again. I'm not asking for them to return to their former glory, I just want to be able to use them and not get the nagging feeling that I'd be better off using literally anything else.

I'm just terrified that if they buff AR's in general to any useful place that The Summoner will just start shredding everything.

GhaleonEB

Did PoE 32 tonight. Of the Vex, Hive and Fallen bosses (the ones I've played), this was by far the most fun. Challenging but very doable.

Got out of bed and Logged in earlier when I saw Cosmos post then saw he was full. So I decided to give my first elimination non-ToO a shot and with randoms mind you. Won 5-4 and damn was it awesome, plus I was MVP. Not quite ToO but close enough. Love this gametype. And get the practice the different maps!

I now have 2 of the elemental primaries from PoE

Auto Rifle - Wolfslayers Claw II (Arc)
Hand Cannon - Six Dreg Pride II (Void and Arc - I have two of them now)

Is there a list of all of them?

Drop rates are pretty bad IMO. 3 dropped in 3 weeks. 9 Skolas skills have 3 elementals. Hrmmm

Got the Queenbreakers Bow as well. Halfway done my other 2 elder ciphers to get the last 2 exotics tomorrow.

Just got The Last Revellion rocket launcher (void) from a Judgements Chance. Decent void RL for when I'm not able to use Ghorn.

In my opinion, motes and coins are way more valuable in terms of overall time and opportunity, so that's a positive. Also, you can farm glimmer while farming that checkpoint, so you could even still do your method for brute forcing weapon parts using this checkpoint. You get more glimmer per minute farming Exclusion Zone or Gatekeeper, but you roll more engrams because you're killing more enemies per minute.

that's an interesting perspective. looks like i'll have to do some tests after all. farming loot caves for 5 hours is not how i imagined i'd be playing destiny anytime soon though.

my mom saw all the tables i was making earlier and asked what i was doing. i told her statistics and she goes "are you tutoring people? i hope people are paying you with all that time you spend fooling around".

given the topic of investment vs returns, the irony is incredibly amusing and slightly depressing.

I now have 2 of the elemental primaries from PoE

Auto Rifle - Wolfslayers Claw II (Arc)
Hand Cannon - Six Dreg Pride II (Void and Arc - I have two of them now)

Is there a list of all of them?

Drop rates are pretty bad IMO. 3 dropped in 3 weeks. 9 Skolas skills have 3 elementals. Hrmmm

Got the Queenbreakers Bow as well. Halfway done my other 2 elder ciphers to get the last 2 exotics tomorrow.

speaking of ciphers. i've got my second bounty and need to know what to pick next. Lord of Wolves is more or less a PvE only weapon, correct? There's no way I'd use it in PvP - not over the Bow anyhow.

How does the Dreg compare? The whole sidearm thing lost its luster over me a while ago, but I think it looks cool enough to run on Patrol or something.

dammit this is my third double post today. i'm going to bed.

speaking of ciphers. i've got my second bounty and need to know what to pick next. Lord of Wolves is more or less a PvE only weapon, correct? There's no way I'd use it in PvP - not over the Bow anyhow.

How does the Dreg compare? The whole sidearm thing lost its luster over me a while ago, but I think it looks cool enough to run on Patrol or something.

Hahahaha

Not sure about the other two since I haven't tried them yet. The Bow takes some getting used to as its a weird sniper fusion rifle hybrid.

Everyone says the Dreg eats ammo quick and isn't very useful.

Ji66a-Man

Sorry I had to bail on Kadey and Zocano's Skolas run, but errands had to be done. Anyone down to run PoE 35? I still have my hunter and warlock to run it with.

TBLFordy

Banned
Been lurking DGaf for ages now and have only just had my account validated so wanted to quickly say hi. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to contribute later!

bitsurugi

Loving the LoW, for PvE ofc, you can also fool around in pvp, but it is no way useful as the bow.

The dreg is meeeeeh, tested it in a daily and was severely worse then the LoW in terms of usefulness. In pvp i guess it's the same as the Vestian, so there isn't much gain from that weapon imo.

Jinjo

Been lurking DGaf for ages now and have only just had my account validated so wanted to quickly say hi. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to contribute later!

Welcome to the party!

You will never be able to leave. Get out while you still can. Now.

TBLFordy

Banned
Welcome to the party!

You will never be able to leave. Get out while you still can. Now.

Cheers :)

Jumping back in time a bit here Re. AR Nerf

Imagine - I finally get a Suros, the gun that was constantly being used against me, finally vengence will be mine!!!

Except no cause it's now pretty much useless. IB last week, for a test I tried it out for a match and even with drawing first/surprise most times I'd be outgunned. Thankfully TLW beasts but I do feel something is missing now from PvP as it's either TLW/Thorn or Blink+Shotty now. Hopefully Bungie can address that.

Omni

Lol at that Hunter crouching around the corner. This ain't no Metal Gear Solid, son.
Sorry, but next time can you not quote the 66MB .gif?

I don't understand why people post them in the first place. It's a massive fuck you to people browsing on mobile, people with data caps and people with slow Internet. Even Chrome still struggles to render something THAT large.

Ugh.

//rant

Ganhyun

Tried Skolas for 5 hours before giving up.

We tried 3 horns with weapons and even though we were all 34 with 365 horns we werent melting him like they do in the videos. Tried the "safe" spot and yea, the enemies jump right on up there with us. We then went back to the go left strat and while we killed him once, we missed dismantling a mine by 2 seconds and died. After that we never got close again. Gave up as I have to get some sleep before work. So, night all.

Think I finally got a keeper roll on one of my guns.

Void Her Benevolence for PVE (Skolas primarily): ShortGaze, Tripe Tap, Casket Mag, Grenadier

Considering I'll be using my titan, and his nades are void, this roll seems pretty perfect for a void burn Skolas. This one is going to 365 and waiting in the vault until void burn comes back around to PoE 35. Combine that with my 365 Word of Crota and my 365 Corrective Measure, I should be good.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Much fun , easy, did it 3x back to back only wiped once at first run.

Boom

It's fairly easy once you got the strategy down for the boss. Handy to take a Bubble Titan with you for this one.

Boom

I hear it's pretty easy. I'm going to try and run it this week. It'll be my first etheric light!

Woo! I'm scared to use them because they are so preciousssss

Let me know if you want to run it together.

Gahhh

If you do the 32, 34 and 35 once each it's the exact amount for one cipher

I'm just getting mine done doing my 32-35 runs I do every week.

Yeah, too lazy to fight through all the waves plus farming for the elemental weapons drop as well. Took us ~45 mins to get to Skolas then ~2 attempts to kill Skolas each time. Had a wipe since we snipe Skolas back into a tunnel and couldnt see his head anymore :p

Shito

I'll also probably run my first PoE 34s this week: now that I have the boots I can be 34 with my usual exotics (helmets).

Woo! I'm scared to use them because they are so preciousssss
Yeah, snatched 3 from IB, and so far I've only used one on my VoC: I'm too scared of ascending something on a whim and regretting it later on. ^^
I need more e.lights to feel "safe"...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll also probably run my first PoE 34s this week: now that I have the boots I can be 34 with my usual exotics (helmets).

Yeah, snatched 3 from IB, and so far I've only used one on my VoC: I'm too scared of ascending something on a whim and regretting it later on. ^^
I need more e.lights to feel "safe"...

Ditto. I have 3 too but am just saving them.

I'll use them on armour so that I can get to lvl 34 without 1,876 Strength!

Ha!

Lima

Reading etheric light is precious is crazy if you play pvp. You get bombarded with it. I already ascended things like Atheons Epilogue cause I'm running out of things to put light in.

Shito

Reading etheric light is precious is crazy if you play pvp. You get bombarded with it. I already ascended things like Atheons Epilogue cause I'm running out of things to put light in.
I don't play ToO, and that's actually my biggest pet peeve about the mode: I'm all for it having crazy good rewards like the cool looking armors and crazy weapons, but it shouldn't give that many e.lights.

If anyone wants to do PoE 32...

add synful_deus.

with a friend now, need 1 more :)

Edit: Not right this second. WE're doing a quest to get him a Treasure Key first.

Kyoufu

I sharded mine the other day. No regrets.

What I really couldn't stand about it was the reduced rate of fire when zooming. If I'm going to use an AR, then why would I want reduced ROF?

TheOddOne

untitled-2ukz4n.png

I will be hosting the Gorgon checkpoint on the Xbone for a half hour.

Msg my gamertag, TheOddOne187, with the following to get in:

Tapiooooooooooooca!

No mic needed and feel free to bring in your other characters using the initial invite.

Top Bottom