• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
don't you guys have plenty of heavy ammo packs? when we ran out, we would just wait for cooldown to end and try again. we might also just do a run for other ammo during cooldown too so we don't waste time.

I find that I work best killing Skolas while everybody else does what they can. I snipe him to get his health low enough so that I can switch to rockets and end him. Wear some gear that gives extra ammo to both special and heavy. Popping synth is a crutch but I haven't had to do that in the many runs I've had recently. Plus this week is even easier because of black hammer's no reload precision shooting.

Isn't farming the Dark Beyond checkpoint a good way to get weapon/armor parts? You take a Bad Juju down there and just make a pile of greens at the door.

i don't have any data on engram drop rates for specific activities, but the inherent problem with engram weapon part farming is that they don't always roll into weapons. you have the potential to roll

weapons
armor
class items

of which any one can decrypt into motes of light or strange coins. so that's around a 1/5 chance that you're getting an actual weapon engram. consider how long it takes for a good portion of those engrams to drop and it starts to speak for itself. it's certainly less monotonous to farm "normally" or just play the game and dismantle whatever you find, but if the goal is to rack up a bunch of them in a short amount of time, you'll want to attempt the methods i posted in some fashion.

that doesn't mean you need to spend 10 hours a day farming weapon parts (although you certainly can).

I find that I work best killing Skolas while everybody else does what they can. I snipe him to get his health low enough so that I can switch to rockets and end him. Wear some gear that gives extra ammo to both special and heavy. Popping synth is a crutch but I haven't had to do that in the many runs I've had recently. Plus this week is even easier because of black hammer's no reload precision shooting.

were you using weapons of light? my LDR wasn't stun locking him when the chains were broken.

LiK

Yea, snipers seem to be the way to go against him. The faster he dies the better. Prevents the need for that taint crap. I'll ascend my Black Hammer if I happen to join a 35 this week.

How much would it help to connect to my modem directly w a cable instead of wireless? Just tested my connection and I'm guessing 6.8 down/1.7 up is... Not good.

were you using weapons of light? my LDR wasn't stun locking him when the chains were broken.

Just one sniper won't necessarily stun lock him well but a team of 3 definitely will. An I-WoL bubble is insanely useful. Can't beat a 35% damage boost plus a safe zone to reload/stay alive.

Edit: i don't think after/before Servitor bonds changes his stun behavior.

LiK

How much would it help to connect to my modem directly w a cable instead of wireless? Just tested my connection and I'm guessing 6.8 down/1.7 up is... Not good.

Just one sniper won't necessarily stun lock him well but a team of 3 definitely will. An I-WoL bubble is insanely useful. Can't beat a 35% damage boost plus a safe zone to reload/stay alive.

I use wired and it's better especially if you're hosting. Try it. Btw, wanna PVP with me tomorrow?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Finished PoE lv 32 with Jeeves...after I added some dude, he quickly abandoned us and both of us toughed it out all rounds...especially against Kaliks Reborn....that was extreme but we did it and got our rewards...in the end...yeezus...Im out for today..see y'all mofos tomorrows

I use wired and it's better especially if you're hosting. Try it. Btw, wanna PVP with me tomorrow?

Thanks, I'll give wired a shot once I move the router around...

We can definitely PvP tomorrow! Me, Rubenov and Ken did a little Elimination tonight which was fun. I'd be down for that or Salvage which is also available now.

Sanpei

This new guy is so generous...Thanks mate :D

62Gry7.jpg

on the note of synths, i joined fig and math for about an hour and burned through 10 synths. what a ridiculous fight.

The Gjally spam strat is crazy on Skolas. Last night, Hawkian, T-44 and I were all Skola's newbies. We tried a few different things, but mostly just went Titan Bubble and Ghorn spam with Synth (I think I used well over 10 synth by Nights end). We failed over and over again with our timing and some bad RNG skola's teleports, but the funny thing is, when it all came together, Skola's went down so fast you wonder why you struggled so many times before.

I don't know that I will do a Skola's solar burn again. I don't have a high impact Void Sniper so I guess Arcburn is all I will try going forward.

Ken

Thanks, I'll give wired a shot once I move the router around...

We can definitely PvP tomorrow! Me, Rubenov and Ken did a little Elimination tonight which was fun. I'd be down for that or Salvage which is also available now.

I'm up for more PvP practice tomorrow. I did terrible today.

Anyone currently interested in doing some PvP? If so, add or join "UnstabieH2o"

I can play for a bit though I feel a little off at the moment.

Soup Bar

I really need to do Vault of Glass on normal to get Vision of Confluence. Does anyone else have a shitty schedule like mine? I usually get home from work at 10:30pm Central.

i don't have any data on engram drop rates for specific activities, but the inherent problem with engram weapon part farming is that they don't always roll into weapons. you have the potential to roll

weapons
armor
class items

of which any one can decrypt into motes of light or strange coins. so that's around a 1/5 chance that you're getting an actual weapon engram. consider how long it takes for a good portion of those engrams to drop and it starts to speak for itself. it's certainly less monotonous to farm "normally" or just play the game and dismantle whatever you find, but if the goal is to rack up a bunch of them in a short amount of time, you'll want to attempt the methods i posted in some fashion.

that doesn't mean you need to spend 10 hours a day farming weapon parts (although you certainly can).
In my opinion, motes and coins are way more valuable in terms of overall time and opportunity, so that's a positive. Also, you can farm glimmer while farming that checkpoint, so you could even still do your method for brute forcing weapon parts using this checkpoint. You get more glimmer per minute farming Exclusion Zone or Gatekeeper, but you roll more engrams because you're killing more enemies per minute.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
First try run I was a warlock on top sniping him by myself. No WOL for me. Second run WOL was used but I was out of the bubble and just kept shooting.

Best strat is to all snipe him with hammers until mine phase and then go all out on him with horns. If first mine is far right just have someone go there. You actually don't need three people to kill him at that point. You get killed in one shot by lots of things but it also works both ways. By far the easiest of the burns.

hydruxo

It makes me sad that my Suros just sits in the vault gathering dust now. Used to be one of my favorite guns. Bungie needs to buff ARs soon and make them at least viable again. I'm not asking for them to return to their former glory, I just want to be able to use them and not get the nagging feeling that I'd be better off using literally anything else.

Top Bottom