• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

Yes and no.

There is also a $60 edition that includes everything.

- $40 TTK expansion only (for those that already have a season pass)
- $60 All Old content with TTK (for new players)
- $80 Digital CE
- $80 Physical CE

I GUESS I understand this, but it seems kinda ridiculous, confusing and needlessly complicated.

So I guess I should just preorder the Digital Collection of the PSN store?

ocean

Banned
How do you know that the TTK DLC is not on the disk? Are you sure the physical CE comes with a TTK download code?
Never even occurred to me. Would be extremely bizarre I think. the way Destiny works I'm guessing there will be a huge download for everybody and those with the DLC code can enter the new content while the rest can for example see the new stuff on the director but not go there.

On disk DLC is possible I suppose but wow, never thought of it. Really doubt it to be honest.

ethomaz

Banned
@Kor of Memory

I guess that link can help you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...y/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/

Best perks:

Aggressive Ballistics
Shot Package
Reinforced Barrel or Rifled Barrel (I prefer the first but the second is good too)

Last one is something personal: Kneepads, Luck in the Chamber and Final Round are good.

Thanks... I couldn't install that zip posted before.

vctor182

Just did Crota hard since like april and was the designated swordbearer. I was a little worried since my past attempts ended in failure but this time was payback! oh boy I stuck up the sword from his ass all the way up to his stomach in 2 rounds it felt sooooo good.

In other news I rolled my party crasher with agressive ballistics, ranged finder, rifled barrel and army of one. I think I'm gonna keep it.

Namikaze1

How do you know that the TTK DLC is not on the disk? Are you sure the physical CE comes with a TTK download code?
This is what I've been asking. No one knows if the content will be on the disk already (I'm sure Year 1 will be) or codes will come with the game. If anything, I'm betting on content being already on disk. You don't want to piss off customers by forcing them to wait for X amount of GBs to download on launch day if they went with the physical release.

I don't understand this. I'm taking away from this that I can buy the expansion, but I can only buy it if I own all that?

So then what about people who didn't? Do they have to buy everything?
You can only buy the digital standalone if you own the season pass or bought both expansions.

the people who didn't would have to buy them or get the standard $60 version being sold at launch that includes everything plus Taken King minus CE stuff

ocean

Banned
I GUESS I understand this, but it seems kinda ridiculous, confusing and needlessly complicated.

It's needlessly greedy is what it is. Destiny + all DLC is called Legendary in physical and will cost US$60. In digital they called it Collector's and slapped on some shaders to charge you US$80 instead of US$60. Highway robbery.

noomi

If you already own Destiny and Season Pass/Both Expansions then your choices are either the $40 expansion or the $80 digital/physical edition.

It is ridiculous..... for an extra $40 (CE Edition) you would essentially get 3 emotes, shaders, special items and some other "goodies"

ExVicis

This is what I've been asking. No one knows if the content will be on the disk already (I'm sure Year 1 will be) or codes will come with the game. If anything, I'm betting on content being already on disk. You don't want to piss off customers by forcing them to wait for X amount of GBs to download on launch day if they went with the physical release.

You can only buy the digital standalone if you own the season pass or bought both expansions.

the people who didn't would have to buy them or get the standard $60 version being sold at launch that includes everything plus Taken King minus CE stuff

It's needlessly greedy is what it is. Destiny + all DLC is called Legendary in physical and will cost US$60. In digital they called it Collector's and slapped on some shaders to charge you US$80 instead of US$60. Highway robbery.

If you already own Destiny and Season Pass/Both Expansions then your choices are either the $40 expansion or the $80 digital/physical edition.

It is ridiculous..... for an extra $40 (CE Edition) you would essentially get 3 emotes, shaders, special items and some other "goodies"

Yeah that's why I'm upset about this. It's stupid.

But yeah I want the $40 version it seems like based on this discussion. I'M ASSUMING since I was one of those guys who got the edition that came with all DLC.

Yeah that's why I'm upset about this. It's stupid.

But yeah I want the $40 version it seems like based on this discussion. I'M ASSUMING since I was one of those guys who got the edition that came with all DLC.

I would recommend waiting for now. It could change, of course not right now since E3 chaos is going on.

It is ridiculous. For an extra $40 you would essentially get 3 emotes, shaders, special items and some other "goodies"

The $40 expansion should come with the extra stuff included in the CE/$80 edition for those of use who have been there since day one. Unless they announce something in a few months closer to release, why give a big middle finger to your loyal fans is what I don't get?

Namikaze1

I don't know why the digital CE is at the same price as the physical's. Digital Guardian Edition was $10 less than non-Ghost Collector's Edition last year when it launched.

noomi

I'm out DGAF, will try for Skolas tomorrow... maybe.

Night

The $40 expansion should come with the extra stuff included in the CE/$80 edition for those of use who have been there since day one. Unless they announce something in a few months closer to release, why give a big middle finger to your loyal fans is what I don't get?

100% agree with this and this is why I'm holding off in pre-ordering for now, I feel they might do something about it if enough people complain

Pons

Neo Member
Me and a friend, TheBard74 , signed up for your Thursday night Vog newbie raid Hawkian. Thanks for hosting! Should be good times.

What's worse is the Digital Collector's Edition does come with the Season 2 pass. It comes with TTK + Destiny vanilla + Dark Below + House of Wolves + Collector's edition in-game swag.

There's no way to get that swag as a Day 1 player unless you re-buy the base game and DLC 1+2 along with TTK.

It's completely stupid.

Where is the Digital Guardian Edition for people who own Destiny vanilla and TDB+ HOW already.... It would come with TTK + DLC 3 + DLC 4 + Collector's swag? I mean wtf.

KxoZz

Just did Skolas for the first time since the patch. Holy shit, this is exactly how the fight should have been from the beginning.

Took two guys through that hadn't done it before, I think one guy hadn't ever even attempted it.
It helped that these guys were brilliant at listening and following orders, I explained each mechanic once, on the fly as each one started and I was surprised at how quickly they understood.
While the first rounds were a bit clumsy and we had to restart rounds 3, 4 and 5, we took down Skolas on our very first try. They both got an elder cipher, too.

The encounter is so much more fun without the burns and the constantly spawning ads.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So wait I'm confused, because I have the season pass I can buy this? So I can't if I didn't?
you have to have everything so far to get it for $39.99, but I don't think that means specifically the season pass.

If you don't have anything you can get the full game with the dlc including the new stuff, for retail $59.99.

I called this kind of arrangement on one of the previous podcasts, by the way. Eventually, the value of the "base-up-til-now collection" (which theoretically will not rise over $59.99 for the foreseeable future, like any new release) to a brand new player will be completely ludicrous, and each wave of new players that makes the purchase as these releases occur will be part of an influx of new Guardians that can play with one another in the very early game stuff that all of us have long, long left behind.

It's easy to see that the longer you play the game for, the more money you'll have spent on it. The longer you can manage to wait to give Destiny a shot, the higher its value when you do will rise. The former point is certainly reminiscent of a subscription fee, while the latter feels more like any old release that will get price breaks and sales over time. But unlike your Game of the Year edition of this year's whatever, it's not just your ranks and unlocks you keep with you but a persistent character (or characters) with a bunch of semi-unique loot acquired over time, which is of course much closer to an MMORPG.

It's also different from a subscription in two important ways:
  • If you don't want to buy the new content you just don't, you can continue to play your characters, play PvP and play as much as you want for as long as you want without paying any more money
  • How much you play "this month" doesn't matter at all because you aren't charged money whether or not you play
By repeatedly tapping into the well of the playerbase of all four consoles, offering a more refined product with more content each time at the same price (basic retail price, essentially), and including measures in-game that accelerate the process of leveling up for newer players (the Light system is based around this concept more than anything else I've seen in a videogame), they will just... sell a lot. Sell lots and lots and make lots of money. For a long time.

It's honestly brilliant. No games that remotely compete with Destiny are using this model, despite the similarities one might draw whenever new DLC hits and it feels ridiculously overpriced (which of course it is). GW2 (in a completely different genre and only for a PC audience of course) is using a very similar scheme with its first expansion release, and whether you like it or not I think these are trendsetting strategies and we'll be seeing incarnations of them for years to come, while traditional required subscription fees are pretty much forgotten.

Yeah I can't personally imagine $80 for the digital edition... that's, what. I have to look at the physical and see if there's anything remotely worthwhile; I do prefer having physical copies of things whenever possible. Funny, there's a similarly crazy "deluxe" digital version of the new GW2 expansion as well that I can't imagine anyone buying.

What's worse is the Digital Collector's Edition does come with the Season 2 pass. It comes with TTK + Destiny vanilla + Dark Below + House of Wolves + Collector's edition in-game swag.

There's no way to get that swag as a Day 1 player unless you re-buy the base game and DLC 1+2 along with TTK.

It's completely stupid.

Where is the Digital Guardian Edition for people who own Destiny vanilla and TDB+ HOW already.... It would come with TTK + DLC 3 + DLC 4 + Collector's swag? I mean wtf.

Yah this, so this. There should be a stand alone CE version with upcoming DLC for people who purchased the original gaurdian edition...I understand they want to appeal to the new fans but don't just fuck your loyal fans over.

Well since they mentioned they read GAF forums for feed back hopefully they change it up. This reeks of Activisions doing to me.

Namikaze1

It's not just here. Even reddit has people saying CE stuff should be included in the standalone digital version. Haven't taken a look at discussion over at Bungie but I'm sure there's a thread or two saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom