• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

Beareable so far, elemental weapons are more secured to drop and feels like the bond Servitors have more health and turn nearly invisible when about to die.

You are no longer screwed if someone dies before the mines phase and less yellow fallen
Yeah the Servitors felt tougher, maybe it was the burns from before tht made them easier but they seemed more bullet spongey

You can actually kill Captains if you have an Arc weapon and maintain you distance from them. Died more to Snipers than to the Captains.

Overall much better fight.

And I tried to say some little bits of Spanish in that fight to the best I could. Sorry if I was a bit off in my pronunciation.

Shito

Yes, finally got Her Mercy from a rank 4 package!
That was the only one I was still missing...

[EDIT]
Well, it's just a shittier (but rerollable) version of the Six Dreg Pride I just bought today...

ocean

Banned
If anyone in Europe wants a The Taken King DLC code, PM me. Might end up giving one away.

You see I am all digital on PS4 with a U.S. PSN account. I really wish I had gotten the Ghost edition. Love this game too much and some physic goodies to that effect seem appropriate. The thing is, I'm gonna buy CE (up for pre order on Amazon.fr hype!) and my DLC code won't work with my US Destiny account.

End result is ill have to buy the U.S. digital DLC on top of the European CE.

I'll pay €90 + US$40 for TTK. Worst part is that despite paying about US$140 total I still won't have the exclusive shaders and class items and emotes since they'll probably be tied to the French DLC code I'll end up giving away. Getting European physical CE and American digital CE would be a little too expensive and wasteful even by my admittedly insane standards.

Destiny what are you doing to me. Please don't comment on how this is a dumb money decision. I work hard and would gladly spend 140 bucks on something that I like this much. If anyone on FrenchGAF is interested though do let me know :)

todd360

Destiny what are you doing to me. Please don't comment on how this is a dumb money decision. I work hard and would gladly spend 140 bucks on something that I like this much. If anyone on FrenchGAF is interested though do let me know :)

That isn't the problem. The problem is your giving that money to activision. *cringe* They will do this again next dlc if we bend the knee.

Also this is from kotaku. Made me laugh.

Jason: Yeah, Luke Smith was saying they’ll all have different abilities — they’re taken, after all. By the Taken King. And Oryx isn’t just the new boss — he’s the father of Crota, who Destiny players will remember as the guy we defeated with the power of LAN cables. Oryx is pissed. He wants his revenge. And he’s got wifi.

noomi

Why even pre-order now? It's not like the digital copies are going to run out, we have 3 months left.

I know it's a long shot, but maybe they will change something with the editions....

I've already opted against the physical CE since gamestop sells it and I refuse to shop there, but I'm in no rush to buy it right away... let's see.

Just did my first legit run of Skolas PoE 35. . don't want to do it again but I need 2 more Elder Ciphers for the other weapons.

I got 2 as a drop. Does this mean I get to pick 2 weapons?

phen0m24

That isn't the problem. The problem is your giving that money to activision. *cringe* They will do this again next dlc if we bend the knee.

Also this is from kotaku. Made me laugh.

Jason: Yeah, Luke Smith was saying they’ll all have different abilities — they’re taken, after all. By the Taken King. And Oryx isn’t just the new boss — he’s the father of Crota, who Destiny players will remember as the guy we defeated with the power of LAN cables. Oryx is pissed. He wants his revenge. And he’s got wifi.

Probably a b or g. Doubt he shelled out for N or AC. Bet his throughput sucks.

SgtCobra

What the hell is up with all those defender titans in the crucible tonight? It's getting a bit tiresome seeing all those bubbles pop up constantly.

Namikaze1

Why even pre-order now? It's not like the digital copies are going to run out, we have 3 months left.

I know it's a long shot, but maybe they will change something with the editions....

I've already opted against the physical CE since gamestop sells it and I refuse to shop there, but I'm in no rush to buy it right away... let's see.
I haven't preorder yet and don't intend to till I know more. And if I do, I'll be preordering the expansion by itself. Not buying stuff I already own.

ocean

Banned
Javy keeping up the spirit of DGAF awesomeness!

:)
Not just gonna throw that away, that would be crazy. I'm sure there's someone on DGAF who could use a French code and I'd be more than happy to lend a hand :) of course I won't just give it to any random. Must be a Guardian Lord with 3200+ Grimoire who *doesn't* have a Gjallarhorn yet and who has New Monarchy leveled up higher than any other faction. (Or someone who asks nicely :p).
I don't like their business practices but I'm not donating money. They are offering a product I am interested in at a price I am willing to pay and will voluntarily agree to the transaction because it suits my interests. In non-Deejspeak: I need dat Steelbook.

phen0m24

I haven't preorder yet and don't intend to till I know more. And if I do, I'll be preordering the expansion by itself. Not buying stuff I already own.
I might give the old stuff away
codes?
if I can. I cancelled my pip boy thing. I'm not going to play Fallout anyway. At least I don't think so.

ocean

Banned

I pre ordered the physical CE because it only charges your card once it ships + I don't wanna miss out if it sells out. The U.S. digital I won't pre order until probably the week of release.

Shito

Yes, finally got Her Mercy from a rank 4 package!
That was the only one I was still missing...

[EDIT]
Well, it's just a shittier (but rerollable) version of the Six Dreg Pride I just bought today...
Ok, this is my hand cannon day: a vanguard package gave me a purple primary engram, which decoded to... The Fulcrum.
I was like 2/3 of ranking up FWC on my hunter just to buy this weapon, so that's a nice shortcut there: thanks RNGesus!
My girlfriend is gonna hate me tomorrow morning when learning about this: she only swears by hand cannons...

Ocean, that's a very generous and awesome offer there!
Luckily I currently have a job that pays quite well, so I have no problem giving some of that money to support people I like the work; otherwise I would have gladly jumped on that offer! I'm pretty sure you'll find just the right person that will need it. :)

Namikaze1

codes?
if I can. I cancelled my pip boy thing. I'm not going to play that anyway.
You could've made a lot more from the Pipboy. That's a very sought after CE compared to Destiny's.

Are we even sure if the expansions will be codes or already on disk?

ocean

Banned
Actually, this got me thinking.

A lot of people jumped ship in November-December without HoW and TDB. Since all of us have that, maybe a bunch of us CE buyers with spare HoW and TDB codes could have a Modbot giveaway for old members of DGAF looking to come back? That way they only have to buy TTK and not the legendary with the other two expansions.

Of course a lot of people will have friends to give this stuff to directly, or will sell it, or just leave it unclaimed but I'm guessing at least a few others would be interested? If we CE buyers will be getting old stuff anyways, at least it won't be a total waste if some OT1-5 Guardians can make use of it.

Though to be honest I don't see many people coming back for a US$40 expansion :p

codes?
if I can. I cancelled my pip boy thing. I'm not going to play Fallout anyway. At least I don't think so.

It's ok, I'll let you play with my Pip boy. As much as i dislike GS, I'm gonna see if I can still pre-order the CE in store tomorrow. If things change I can always cancel. I'm still kicking myself over not having bought the Ghost Edition and don't wanna pay $300+ for one now.

Namikaze1

A lot of people jumped ship in November-December without HoW and TDB. Since all of us have that, maybe a bunch of us CE buyers with spare HoW and TDB codes could have a Modbot giveaway for old members of DGAF looking to come back? That way they only have to buy TTK and not the legendary with the other two expansions.

Of course a lot of people will have friends to give this stuff to directly, or will sell it, or just leave it unclaimed but I'm guessing at least a few others would be interested? If we CE buyers will be getting old stuff anyways, at least it won't be a total waste if some OT1-5 Guardians can make use of it.

Though to be honest I don't see many people coming back for a US$40 expansion :p
You need to have bought the season pass to buy the expansion by itself.

phen0m24

You could've made a lot more from the Pipboy. That's a very sought after CE compared to Destiny's.

Are we even sure if the expansions will be codes or already on disk?

I don't know about the codes or whatever.

Nami I'm terrible at selling things. I give hardware away. I like helping people and I would feel guilty making money on stuff. I'm weird

It's ok, I'll let you play with my Pip boy. As much as i dislike GS, I'm gonna see if I can still pre-order the CE in store tomorrow. If things change I can always cancel. I'm still kicking myself over not having bought the Ghost Edition and don't wanna pay $300+ for one now.

Mah homeboy! :)
I figured my kids would break it and if i'm going to spend time it'll be in this game!

All I really want is a Messenger anyway, bro! ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

that's a good idea

and I wouldn't hold too fast to that last part.
You need to have bought the season pass to buy the expansion by itself.
not just both dlcs but the season pass? I didn't know that.

in all the language they've used, it (in my opinion) carefully avoids saying that.
gqS1YfS.png

ethomaz

Banned
Just rolled a Matador 64 with

Smart Drift, Accurized Ballistics, Soft Ballistics
Rangefinder
Speed Reload, Quickdraw, Smallbore
Luck in the Chamber

Mag is 5, so I'm guessing Smallbore drops it to 4.

I can't remember which is better, Accurized, or Aggresive ballistics, and why.

Also, I know Shot Package is considered better than RangeFinder.

I'm considering rerolling for those two things, but maybe not. I've been using a Party Crasher for the past week and a half, and I've noticed I keep leaving targets alive with like 10-20hp or something.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Reroll again :p

Aggressive give you 10% more damage (and yes that makes difference to kill the other dudes)... for shoty is better.

Deku Tree

If anyone in Europe wants a The Taken King DLC code, PM me. Might end up giving one away.

You see I am all digital on PS4 with a U.S. PSN account. I really wish I had gotten the Ghost edition. Love this game too much and some physic goodies to that effect seem appropriate. The thing is, I'm gonna buy CE (up for pre order on Amazon.fr hype!) and my DLC code won't work with my US Destiny account.

End result is ill have to buy the U.S. digital DLC on top of the European CE.

I'll pay €90 + US$40 for TTK. Worst part is that despite paying about US$140 total I still won't have the exclusive shaders and class items and emotes since they'll probably be tied to the French DLC code I'll end up giving away. Getting European physical CE and American digital CE would be a little too expensive and wasteful even by my admittedly insane standards.

How do you know that the TTK DLC is not on the disk? Are you sure the physical CE comes with a TTK download code?

ExVicis

You need to have bought season pass or both expansions to be able to buy the standalone Taken King expansion.
I don't understand this. I'm taking away from this that I can buy the expansion, but I can only buy it if I own all that?

So then what about people who didn't? Do they have to buy everything?

noomi

I don't understand this. I'm taking away from this that I can buy the expansion, but I can only buy it if I own all that?

So then what about people who didn't? Do they have to buy everything?

Yes and no.

There is also a $60 edition that includes everything.

- $40 TTK expansion only (for those that already have a season pass)
- $60 All Old content with TTK (for new players)
- $80 Digital CE
- $80 Physical CE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom