• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's been confirmed the taken king will have real cutscenes and not just voice overs, right?

Cutscenes... not confirmed. But there is in-game dialogue and banter between your character and other characters, with the character who is speaking showing up in the HUD overlay while you're playing.

Bored so I mashed up a chart showing all the editions available. Hopefully it clears things up for those that are a bit confused by it all.

The last one is one that most of us want and the one they hopefully announce in the future.

Looking at it all together it amazes me that they don't even have the last option for us year 1 owners. The digital collectors edition also doesn't make sense price wise.

18929084535_8204021ea2_o.jpg

This last one made me excited. Sadly it does not exist. That is exactly what players are asking for.

edit: Double Post. Booyah.

--

I didn't even realize the emotes were part of the Collector's edition content and not the VIP stuff. HAHAHAHA. Fuck you Bungie x10

Why did they make the treasure Keys such a complete pain in the ass to get in this game? Ugh.
I've gotten them by doing the weekly wolf bounties. Sticking purely to the wolf chests are a waste of time imho and I have yet to get a single one from the smaller arena chests.

The bounties though, those have been pretty consistent. Doing all six has net me at least one treasure key, and sometimes two.

th3dude

I've gotten them by doing the weekly wolf bounties. Sticking purely to the wolf chests are a waste of time imho and I have yet to get a single one from the smaller arena chests.

The bounties though, those have been pretty consistent. Doing all six has net me at least one treasure key, and sometimes two.

First bounty gets you one guaranteed per week.

The more I hear Luke talk on that GB interview, I can help but expect the Dreadnought to be huge.

Speaking of that. I thought I heard in the new vidoc that the new locations would be Phobos and the Dreadnought, but that interview made it sound like the Dradnought was the only new location.

M3Rocket

Time for a bad analogy!

This is like a dad who spends all his time at work and whenever the kids see him he's got gifts or ice cream. Mom is home all day and makes me do chores and enforces my curfew and says "that's enough Destiny sweetheart, turn it off before you show up in the news like those GTA kids". Dad is the good guy, mom is the witch.

Luke is really cool but nobody tags him when they post "BUNGIE FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME" or "FUCK YOU CROTA IS BULLSHIT" etc. Deej has an extremely annoying and roundabout way of giving us answers we don't like, but these aren't his answers. He's the proverbial messenger people keep virtual-killing.

I mean I'd be happier with a Luke-type personality answering "nope, can't do it" when we ask for more Vault space instead of a 30 line poem about decisions and story and attachment and the meaning of life and sorry but not at this moment in Deejspeak. But I'll still be annoyed that I don't like the answer.

The writing style isn't really the reason people have accumulated a certain disdain for Deej, it's the fact that he's the voice for all of Bungie's decisions. If it were Luke or anyone else running the CM job, no matter how cool the tone, people would be tired of getting shut down or ignored by now.

While it seems like the problem is Deej, I don't think personality would change much. It's a job that's gonna get you on the community's nerves eventually just because you're the face associated with requests and delays and disappointments and unfixed glitches etc.

So even if Deej did a 180 and started actually answering shit (including answers like sorry can't say, plain and simple) it wouldn't make people suddenly love the guy.

Hear, hear!

Yeah I've got one from doing all the bounties, but that's just one. I'm trying to do multiple levels of PoE and its stupidly painstaking to get more keys.

Speaking of that. I thought I heard in the new vidoc that the new locations would be Phobos and the Dreadnought, but that interview made it sound like the Dradnought was the only new location.

Watching the ViDoc, it looks like there are a number of new locations that are going to be in the campaign and/or strikes that aren't current areas. One mission was on Phobos, and another in Old Russia. They don't seem to be Patrol areas, based on what they're describing, which is interesting. Dreadnought seems to be the new Patrol area, though. There is going to be at least one Strike and the Raid in the Dreadnought as well.

Hear, hear!

Luke Smith actually was community manager for Bungie before DeeJ, by the way. He was the whaaaaaaambulance guy. It went Frankie, lukems, urk, DeeJ.

Thanks Zacagawea, BurningNad, Jignxs, Grim and Tears for some fun
scrubby
DS + Crota.
Man, so long since we last raided, always fun though with GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom