• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayHayabusa

Posting for a new page

Looking to do Hard Templar x3. Anyone wants in? Anyone with a CP?
I can feel it! This is the week I get Fatebringer!!

1. jayforone

So you DO or DON'T want me to throw rocks at you. :p

I'm on the fence. I hope the game will be good, as it will likely be the only near term reason to pick up a Bone.

TWO IN ONE DAY EDIT TOP OF THE PAGE POLL

Who will be the next BNG poster on DGAF?

1) Deej
2) Luke
3) Urk
4) wild card/other

well defintely not Deej, he cant betray his Reddit overlords by daring to post elsewhere

For anyone with multiples of a class who has been regretting it, now is a good time to delete and reroll. Its not that painful at all.

I've been running with two warlocks (and a titan) since launch and regretting it since TDB since it hasn't really done much especially with DIM addon. Finally this week I bit the bullet, deleted my second warlock, and rolled a hunter. I figure with a bunch of time sitting down watching E3 streams it'd be a good time to play Destiny in binge mode with the sound off. I was going in with very little gear, I had a single exotic helm and an exotic chest from engrams but I do have two other 34s.

I hit level 11 in the first day after 4 hours or so of quests, and 20 on the second day with another 5 hours. Today (third day) I am 32 after using an armor core for gloves, running VoG (normal) in a LFG pug and getting chest/pants. I'll run POE 34/35 on my mains and burn some judgement chances this weekend, my character is 34 the second I finish leveling the VOG gear.

So yeah, less than 20 hours total and pretty painless, obviously if I was starting from scratch I'd be missing weapons and cores and etherics so it'd take 2-3 weeks to grind out the marks.

Only thing I'd say is swap to the right class before you get to far in and don't bother doing any strikes from 1-18, they are a huge waste of time. I wasted an hour in a matchmaker Devils lair. At 18 you can start earning marks so thats a good time to start running PVP and strikes. You do need to do the entire HoW storyline to get into POE unfortunately, on the plus side doing all the story quests at 32 gives you a ton of XP for armor.

Bored so I mashed up a chart showing all the editions available. Hopefully it clears things up for those that are a bit confused by it all.

The last one is one that most of us want and the one they hopefully announce in the future.

Looking at it all together it amazes me that they don't even have the last option for us year 1 owners. The digital collectors edition also doesn't make sense price wise.

18306654674_468604dca3_h.jpg

18929084535_8204021ea2_o.jpg

ich00

Great interview from Giantbomb with Luke Smith and Noseworthy about Taking King and Destiny overall. All cards on the table also. Really nice to see and watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHfq7KY1JU4&feature=youtu.be&t=2h33m55s

Found this in the comments of the video and found it helpfull for fast forwarding reasons

Giant Bomb Crew E3 Day 2 Impressions
Stream Starts 8:57
Super Mario Maker 11:15
Starfox Zero 18:33
Project Morpheus 21:50
KaNyE 34:36
Square Enix,LANGZONE, 35:21
Guild Of Dungeoneering 36:28
In-Tune & Austin And His Indie Games 37:30
Destiny 39:56
Guitar Hero Live TV……... 41:49
Last Guardian 41:56

Guest Segments
Jean-François (Eidos/Deus Ex), Mike Bithell (Mike Bithell/Volume), Josh Tsui (Robomodo/THPS5) 59:17
Jobe Smith (Telltale/EVERYTHING), Nathan Vella (Capy/Below), Seth Killian (Currently??) 1:44:47
Luke Smith & Mark Noseworthy (Bungie/Destiny), Mark MacDonald (8-4) & Brad 2:33:56
Eric Pope & Aaron Trites (Harmonix/Rock Band 4) & Xavier Woods…eventually (WWE/UpUpDownDown) 3:08:45

Kyne

Bored so I mashed up a chart showing all the editions available. Hopefully it clears things up for those that are bit confused by it all. The last one is one that most of us want and the one they hopefully announce in the future.

Looking at it all together it amazes me that they don't even have the last option for us year 1 owners. The digital collectors edition also doesn't make sense price wise.

18306654674_468604dca3_h.jpg

Uhm this is amazing. Bungie should just use this in the update today because I'm sure it'll be more informative than whatever they put out.

Found this in the comments of the video and found it helpfull for fast forwarding reasons

Giant Bomb Crew E3 Day 2 Impressions
Stream Starts 8:57
Super Mario Maker 11:15
Starfox Zero 18:33
Project Morpheus 21:50
KaNyE 34:36
Square Enix,LANGZONE, 35:21
Guild Of Dungeoneering 36:28
In-Tune & Austin And His Indie Games 37:30
Destiny 39:56
Guitar Hero Live TV……... 41:49
Last Guardian 41:56

Guest Segments
Jean-François (Eidos/Deus Ex), Mike Bithell (Mike Bithell/Volume), Josh Tsui (Robomodo/THPS5) 59:17
Jobe Smith (Telltale/EVERYTHING), Nathan Vella (Capy/Below), Seth Killian (Currently??) 1:44:47
Luke Smith & Mark Noseworthy (Bungie/Destiny), Mark MacDonald (8-4) & Brad 2:33:56
Eric Pope & Aaron Trites (Harmonix/Rock Band 4) & Xavier Woods…eventually (WWE/UpUpDownDown) 3:08:45
Very helpful, thank you.

And with the patch I will probably never play 35 POE again, that is just not fun. Its not fun at all.

Tried for way too long last night, and decided to end the madness. Its just not fun.

LTWood12

And with the patch I will probably never play 35 POE again, that is just not fun. Its not fun at all.

Tried for way too long last night, and decided to end the madness. Its just not fun.

Really? I think the fight is exponentially more fun now that you actually can complete it by doing the mechanics and not die in one shot to everything. Waiting ten minutes for two synths to cool down wasn't that fun to me.

Owensboro

New Page Update!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. NORMAL MODE RUN <--You can still back out if you want to since this wasn't mentioned earlier.
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan]
2. Jignx
3. Ocean (PSN:a_javierp)
4. biggy70686
5. BurningNad
X. rc213 (Prefers Hard Mode) (I'll try and find someone who needs normal before I bug you :))
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
limited availability physical CE.
yeah turns out there's actually some pretty cool looking stuff that comes with this, Cayde-6 hollowed out a copy of Treasure Island to hold his Strange Coin stash and you get the book as a holder for the replica coin. kinda neat! the digital version is inexplicable to me.

Bored so I mashed up a chart showing all the editions available. Hopefully it clears things up for those that are a bit confused by it all.

The last one is one that most of us want and the one they hopefully announce in the future.

Has the Digital CE for Year 1 owners been announced, or is this speculation?

PoE 34 anyone?

Also, don't know if I missed Gorgon this week, but does anyone have it? Prefer normal first, but I'll take either. Not really expecting much, anyway, with only 1 exotic left that can drop for me.

milkham

New Page Update!

Owensboro's "OHGODWHATAMIDOING" Vault of Glass (PS4) 1st Time Run. Thursday, June 18th @~5pm ET. NORMAL MODE RUN <--You can still back out if you want to since this wasn't mentioned earlier.
1. Owensboro (PSN: OwensboroEsq) [Level 33 Titan]
2. Jignx
3. Ocean (PSN:a_javierp)
4. biggy70686
5. BurningNad
X. rc213 (Prefers Hard Mode) (I'll try and find someone who needs normal before I bug you :))
X. iRAWRasaurus (Will Help If Online)

you can add me if you can't find someone for 6th
psn milkham

rNilla

Apparently Bungie is giving these out at E3:

If you're eager to buy some shaders eBay has you covered for as low as $60!

EDIT: I guess this is the same shader that was included as an Advanced Warfare pre-order incentive.

EL CUCO

Good job naming a whole Titan subclass after Warlock Gauntlets. Shows how much they look up to us. MasterWarlockRace

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anybody up for a nightfall or PoE34?
add me
Godless_Pagan
I still got no mic til friday

Good job naming a whole Titan subclass after Warlock Gauntlets. Shows how much they look up to us. MasterWarlockRace

I think it's more that the Architects gave you this amazing name, and you decided to call yourselves "sunbros".

So the Architects deemed you unworthy, and awarded it to their new favorite.

vctor182

Thorn kills guardians in Crucible, Destiny lore tells that Thorn was defeated by Last Word. Last Word user was a hunter. Hunter is the master race.

OkayRene

From Polygon's Hands-On

The Taken King's campaign begins with a loading screen, but Dinklage's Ghost is nowhere to be heard. His tiny white text doesn't fill the bottom of the screen.

Dinklebot not having anything new to say since vanilla has been weird. They gotta figure out a way to write him out and replace the Ghost with a new one or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom