• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Banned
Hey DestinyGAF!

I wanted to ask if there are any Xbone players on here that would be interested in doing (helping) me and some friends out with doing the harder missions, but playing through them legitimately. A few of us were talking about how we would love to play through these, but almost every player we run into that helps is all about doing all these quirky exploits and work arounds.

More simply, we are interested in the challenge of playing "as the designer intended."

I figured GAF players might be interested in this, or at least patient enough to play through with a few of us who are having fun learning the hard way some of these higher end missions and raids.

(We are in the 32-34 level ranges, so the missions that are hard relative to that.)

What is your GT? I'd be happy to join in from time to time, especially since I'm still fresh to most of the high-level content.

ocean

Banned
Exactly. It's not even a big deal considering what they are - it's the principle of it all. If they did the exact opposite there would be zero fucks given, but they decided to just give their more dedicated supporters the shaft. You want it? Buy our game twice. Yeah... fuck you too, ActiBungle. Fuck you very much.
Nobody gives a shit about the VIP package. Because it's a trivial cosmetic reward we'll use for some days until we get better drops.

The CE stuff would be equally ignored if it weren't gated behind a poorly designed bundle scheme. This is "you want what you can't have" taken to a whole other level :
I agree that it's still wrong on principle to put the loyal fan base at any sort of disadvantage, trivial or not, but it's funny to see people getting worked up.

It's like launch players can't get ______ and no matter what you had filled that blank in with, no matter how silly, prepare your anus for an army of angry nerds :p

Nobody gives a shit about the VIP package. Because it's a trivial cosmetic reward we'll use for some days until we get better drops.

The CE stuff would be equally ignored if it weren't gated behind a poorly designed bundle scheme. This is "you want what you can't have" taken to a whole other level :
I agree that it's still wrong on principle to put the loyal fan base at any sort of disadvantage, trivial or not, but it's funny to see people getting worked up.

It's like launch players can't get ______ and no matter what you had filled that blank in with, no matter how silly, prepare your anus for an army of angry nerds :p

Pretty much. I would seriously pay for a Digital Collector's Edition in a heartbeat. But it doesn't exist for launch players, the one they are offering is bogus because you have to rebuy Destiny 1 + DLC1 + DLC2.

$40 for the Taken King Digital. OK. I'm in, it looks great and worth the price.

$80 for essentially what will amount to The Taken King and a small handful of cosmetics for launch players? Idiocy.

The launch players should have been given an option for a bundle that looks like this:

$70-$80 Taken King Digital Guardian Edition
The Taken King + Collector's stuff + VIP package for launch players
DLC 3
DLC 4

I would buy that for sure. As of right now I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth and a condescending Bungie Community Team. "Day One player? You get to buy TTK for $40 and Season 2 pass separately for $30 and no Collector's Edition for you :)"

hydruxo

There are way too many issues with the pricing / bundles for TTK:

1) Year 1 players who want to purchase the Collectors Editions have to pay more to rebuy content that we already own (vanilla Destiny + both expansions).

2) Gating digital extras behind the CEs. The physical CE and legendary editions are a solid deal for those who are new Destiny, but the former completely alienates Year 1 / Day 1 players who want the extras but already own Destiny + TDB/HoW.

3) Digital CE costing the same price as the physical CE. Physical CE at least gives you a ton of cool physical goodies on top of all Destiny content to date to justify the $80 price point. Digital CE is more or less charging $40 for TTK and $40 for Destiny 1/both expansions + the digital extras (shaders/class items/emotes). Digital CE should be cheaper than the physical CE.

Personally I don't care about the digital extras that come with the CE, the things I listed above are what bother me about this whole situation. Activision is completely screwing over the dedicated players who have paid more money than anyone to continue playing Destiny. The pricing for the CEs need to be revised.

Now you show up. Ran 3 with Robinson earlier. Nooblet joined for 1 but still needed 2 more. Dont know if Robinson asked you already, but do you wanna give NM DS/Crota a shot? I have the checkpoint and am still 4th Horsemanless.

Haha, I would have skipped work, if I could :p

I will join you in your quest, my 4th Horsemanless brother.

BurningNad

Does anyone happen to be running VoG? Normal or Hard, I don't care. I've got 3 characters available to do it, 33 Warlock and 32 Hunter/Titan. Any checkpoint!

PS4 BurningNad

Now you show up. Ran 3 with Robinson earlier. Nooblet joined for 1 but still needed 2 more. Dont know if Robinson asked you already, but do you wanna give NM DS/Crota a shot? I have the checkpoint and am still 4th Horsemanless.

Haha, I would have skipped work, if I could :p

I will join you in your quest, my 4th Horsemanless brother.

I'll be around in about 5-10 mins to knock this out if we can find 3 more.

Edit - 3 open spots for NM Deathsinger + Crota, possibly x3

I want all the collectors extras but there's like no room for the shaders/emblems/etc unless they increase it when TTK comes out. Oh and that strange coin is sexy. Want! I don't care about the rest as much. Sucks we don't have an option for just TTK and some extras. I just preordered the $40 TTK.

phen0m24

I want all the collectors extras but there's like no room for the shaders/emblems/etc unless they increase it when TTK comes out. Oh and that strange coin is sexy. Want! I don't care about the rest as much. Sucks we don't have an option for just TTK and some extras. I just preordered the $40 TTK.

This is me just waving at you turkeys.

:)

Still love Mah helmet. Haven't taken it off yet.

Owensboro

Does anyone happen to be running VoG? Normal or Hard, I don't care. I've got 3 characters available to do it, 33 Warlock and 32 Hunter/Titan. Any checkpoint!

PS4 BurningNad

I don't know what time you can play, but I'm getting a gang together for 5pm ET to do Normal mode (I've never done VoG before, and wouldn't want to spend most of the fights dead waiting to respawn). Have two spots left open (I think).

rNilla

The horn post called to you...and you came.

You just have to throw up the Narmer Signal.

hz9wASr.png

You don't understand. By limiting vault space for you, Bungie are actually giving you MORE choices. You should be thankful.

I was going to pick up the two expansions for the summer but this odd ball pricing kind of forces me in getting the $60 package that has all the dlc. Will the physical release come with DLC codes or will it be printed on the disc? I'm digital right now and would hate to have to put in a disc to access the expansions.

noomi

You don't understand. By limiting vault space for you, Bungie are actually giving you MORE choices. You should be thankful.

Hah, I'm sure Deej is going to hear a lot about that one and probably have to address it sooner or later. He really made a lot of people unhappy with that statement :/

BurningNad

I don't know what time you can play, but I'm getting a gang together for 5pm ET to do Normal mode (I've never done VoG before, and wouldn't want to spend most of the fights dead waiting to respawn). Have two spots left open (I think).

I'm available if you still have room! Did it on my Warlock, so I have a 32 Hunter and a 32 Titan (only has Striker leveled, though :/ )

Still have 2 spots open, so you can join!
Still have room? 33 Void Warlock

vctor182

Question:
I might get a PS4 before TTK and I have the PS3 Limited edition so I'm not sure If I would need to buy the whole game again. As far as i know only the expansions upgrade free but not the vainilla version right?

Hah, I'm sure Deej is going to hear a lot about that one and probably have to address it sooner or later. He really made a lot of people unhappy with that statement :/

I actually have always liked DeeJ. His writing style is very much in line with how I've always personified Bungie in the past. That said, sometimes he just comes across as the biggest swindler there is. The way he speaks - the long-winded PR poetry he spins can get annoying and very condescending some times.

border

I know it's a bit late in the week to be asking, but does anyone need to do the Nightfall?

I have not done any of my normal weekly activities, with all the E3 stuff going on.

ocean

Banned
I know it's a bit late in the week to be asking, but does anyone need to do the Nightfall?

I have not done any of my normal weekly activities, with all the E3 stuff going on.
Haven't done Nightfall in like a month. I'm a_javierp, add me! What strikes and modifiers is it?

Soup Bar

Anyone still doing the Nightfall? I've got a 32 Titan that needs to get it done still.

Edit:

Must have missed this. My PSN is Priestfact if you still need to do it.

I've only done 1 Nightfall this week and 1 32 PoE, I'll be down to help out this evening.

JayHayabusa

Looking to do Hard Templar x3. Anyone wants in? Anyone with a CP?
I can feel it! This is the week I get Fatebringer!!

1. jayforone

mcfrank

Polygon just posted an article that makes the campaign stuff sound pretty good in Taken along

"We listen to the community a lot, about what people want to do, what they're enjoying, what they're not liking," Mark Noseworthy, the expansion's executive producer, told Polygon at E3 2015. "Some of it's our own inspiration, because we, too, are part of the community. Not only are we making the game, but we're also playing it."

On Sept. 15, 2015, when the third expansion, The Taken King, is released, Destiny is going to change again. It's based on the idea of bringing new and different things to the game, including a new campaign. At E3, we played the first slice of the expansion's new campaign. Based on what we saw, this time it's going to change in ways that will make people who are confused about its story — and particularly fans of developer Bungie's former franchise Halo — very happy.

Great interview from Giantbomb with Luke Smith and Noseworthy about Taking King and Destiny overall. All cards on the table also. Really nice to see and watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHfq7KY1JU4&feature=youtu.be&t=2h33m55s

Decent interview.

The main interviewer guy should have paused once in a while to actually let the Bungie guys answer.

By the time they got to speak, he had already mentioned like 6 things that could have been addressed. So Bungie only responded to like 1 of them.

You absolutely can, but every time you don't it will play on your mind...

I know it will... :(

Of course you can. These perk tiers are nice guidelines but except for a few (Shot Package in Shotguns for instance or proximity detonation for PvP RLs) none should be deal breakers.

Your Matador is a beast and whenever you miss a one shot kill, 9/10 times won't be because you didn't have Aggressive Ballistics.

Yes you can.

Aggressive Ballistics only gives you about 10% more damage...

Thanks for the imput, guys.

Decided not to re-roll.

I ahev a Felwinters that desperately needs re-rolling. I'll focus on that one.

Field choke is fine. You're better off with kneepads instead of luck in the chamber though.

I said I don't have field choke. The weapon came with smooth, soft and cqb ballistics. Sucks but the other 3 are good enough for me to keep and not waste parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom