• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bow was the way to go, just like putting bombs on the supply crates :)
TLoU MP was amazing, until you get killed repeatedly because your teammates are running right next to you XD

Hearing a bomb go off on the other side of the map and downing someone was just so funny to me for some reason. I feel like people on PS4 were a bit more wise to it though. Wasn't quite as effective as when I did it on PS3.

I suppose I get the same enjoyment out of it as when I get a tripmine kill. :p

phen0m24

...Err.....Ummm......Errr.......Look a squirrel! :0

No but seriously it rather depends on the map how well I do. I only pulled the suppers off because gunawi and Dev got theirs in first and saved the round because I jumped of the edge...

Seriously I'm not that good....:p

I read the above in your voice in my head

Yeah you're good nice try :p

Hyun Sai

5 people shoot a Gjallarhorn, Crota kneels. 5 people shoot any other rocket, Crota kneels. Don't see the ammo savings but I won't argue the point further. It's a great weapon, but Crota with a full team is one of the best examples of a PvE encounter where it literally makes zero difference. He won't kneel harder for getting 5 rockets to land when 2 sufficed. If the team uses something else, it's still overkill.

Oups, I missed your post :(

Yeah, people not shooting rocket at Crota can do other useful things during the encounter like clearing ads, boomers, making the fight much easier and safer. Downing the sword bearer is also quicker, so much more time to do the Swords. Taking out Ogres is also much easier with less ammo and time spent. We don't even have to worry about the wizard on Hard and Titan and middle strat is not needed.

There are so many advantages doing this with this weapon I don't even know where to start.

So yes, it's not needed. But saying it makes zero difference is just wrong in my opinion.

Kyoufu

Is it possible to get the Elder Cipher bounty on the same character after having already done PoE 34 and 35 in that same week or do I need to be on a character that has yet to do them?

Oups, I missed your post :(

Yeah, people not shooting rocket at Crota can do other useful things during the encounter like clearing ads, boomers, making the fight much easier. Downing the sword bearer is also quicker, so much more time to do the Swords. Taking out Ogres is also much easier with less ammo and time spent. We don't even have to worry about the wizard on Hard and Titan and middle strat is not needed.

There are so many advantages doing this with this weapon I don't even know where to start.

So yes, it's not needed. But saying it makes zero difference is just wrong in my opinion.

Don't need no horns, just have 2 gunslingers use Nighthawk and one shot Crota's shield on normal, 2 shot on hard.

Rubenov

Thanks guys. You're in Europe aren't you Rubenov? Hopefully I should be on around 7:30 central time tonight, though that may be too early for Drizz. I'm going to try and help T-44 get to 7 wins for a Messenger at some point tonight too. Just let me know what works for ya'll.

I'm in Central time; 730 works for me.

That's a ridiculously long down time. Was busy studying all day and hoping to get one more good Trials run in today. Guess that's not happening today :(

Hi Robinson, just wanted you to know I got together with Blaze and Gaz yesterday. Got my Titan to Mercury and got Another solar jewel. Sharded it.

Comms

Neo Member
I read the above in your voice in my head

Yeah you're good nice try :p

See I don't see myself as a carrier, more like a lubricator. I'm like the oil in a machine and I just make things run smother. I'm like the jam in a sponge cake in that I'm not as tasty without the rest of the cake.

Or I could stop being so pretentious and actually do trials with you but I don't think I'm out of excuses yet. :)

Kyoufu

2 shot on hard with such a rare helm? Not good enough ! Rangers still useless in PVE !

Whoa.

First of all, we're Hunters, not Rangers!

Second, we have this awesome trick where we can go invisible and save the team from a wipe!

I prefer my Titan in PVE[

Jinjo

Bow was the way to go, just like putting bombs on the supply crates :)
TLoU MP was amazing, until you get killed repeatedly because your teammates are running right next to you XD

I'm that dude lol. I was always at my best playing aggressively in TLOU. I was pretty good if I do say so myself so I wouldn't get you or us both killed haha. Smoke + shiv was my go to combo, got some solid hatemail in my time, loved it.

Hi Robinson, just wanted you to know I got together with Blaze and Gaz yesterday. Got my Titan to Mercury and got Another solar jewel. Sharded it.

Nice Grim! Was a bit worried after you raged, but I knew you could get it done after learning the map boundaries ;)
Solar Jewel is kind of overrated, so no reason to keep another around. Got to 8 wins yesterday with Tears and WheelHoss after a whole ticket of rough games.

I'm that dude lol. I was always at my best playing aggressively in TLOU. I was pretty good if I do say so myself so I wouldn't get you or us both killed haha. Smoke + shiv was my go to combo, got some solid hatemail in my time, loved it.

Smoke and shiv OPness in Interrogation, man that was so annoying if you got hit by that smoke bomb.
We would always hum that Jaws theme when we're approaching an unsuspecting enemy from behind, good fun!

hoggert

Grinding the Elder Cipher bounty in POE28 has acquainted me with some of the most aggressive idling tactics known to man. If you're going to AFK, and it takes about as much effort as actually playing (invisibility cooldowns, running back to a safe spot after a Varik anti-cheese teleport or even better,someone intentionally pushing you into harm's way,) what's the point? Dude, had to run to the controller everytime we body pushed him into Thralls, got teleported dead center due to hiding, or died.
Yeah, this ironic given how often I nod off in pve lol

OkayRene

You can definitely get rid of those bullethoses like Silimar's Wrath, First Rule and Unwilling Soul.

I could've sworn people were gushing about Silimar's Wrath at some point. But yeah ARs kinda suck right now in general.

Keep the Salvation State to reroll it with firefly, and discard all those other useless scout rifles. You really only need VoC, and a firefly one for the fun.

Thanks Shito.

It's hard to give opinions when I can't see the perks and sometimes don't recognize the weapon images. But easy deletes would be any low impact auto rifle and the white/green/blue stuff unless you have an emotional attachment to it.

One suggestion that helps me: I'll group all weapons of a given type onto one character so I can compare them directly. How many shotguns of what element with which perks do I have? Delete redundant stuff or stuff that doesn't have a purpose where you know you'd use it.

Also, FYI I got your PM and will respond here shortly. Thanks for doing that btw!

You can hover over the weapons to get a little more info on them. Also the white/blues/greens are on my Baby Hunter I'm leveling up. She needs all she can get! :)

That's a really good tip on grouping, by the way! It'll make it easy to compare.

It's really sunny where I am.
64wsjNs.jpg

OkayRene

I'm tempted to dismantle all of my fusion rifles because I never use them but who knows if Taken will bring a fusion renaissance.

That's my fear, too, that I get rid of them and come TK, they'll be awesome and I'll be kicking myself. I may leave myself with one of each elemental type. But yeah, otherwise I never use them.

I could've sworn people were gushing about Silimar's Wrath at some point. But yeah ARs kinda suck right now in general.

I've never heard someone saying "Yay I got a Silimar's Wrath" (without any sarcasm) in all of the IBs I played :p
The only ARs that might be worth keeping until a buff are Suros, Summoner, Shadow Price, Grim Citizen and Vanquisher, the latter three only if you had a great roll on it.

Edit - Damn I forgot Atheons Epilogue!

I'm tempted to dismantle all of my fusion rifles because I never use them but who knows if Taken will bring a fusion renaissance.

So that's why I'm surrounded by darkness.

Even if there is a FR renaissance, pre-TTK weapons will most likely be underpowered compared to new stuff and it's doubtful they'll let us upgrade them, so you won't lose much by dismantling them.

Exotics may be the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom