• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

That's usually how it is now per character per week.

I thought it was supposed to be 1 per account each week?

I got 2/3 for my characters this week

Now I am not sure if I should be happy I got a extra key or angry that I was ripped off.....

:p

ocean

Banned
The problem is that both times Bungie released end-game content that was made way easier by people having a Horn, namely Crota and solar burn Skolas. This helped forged the "reputation" of the Horn even more, and led to all the "must have horn" lfg posts.
I don't care whether or not Bungie decides to nerf it, but they have to stop attributing health points and designing dps requirements around people all having one...
But Crota isn't any easier for having a Horn. Death singer maybe. But when you have 5 people shooting Crota, any RL will suffice. Teams wrongly thought they were lacking DPS on Crota when the reality is they were missing coordination. Well-timed, those shields can come down with anything.

Seriously, anything. Grenades, No Land Beyond, Scout Rifles, any shitty RL... Sure, the horn will do it in 2 rockets instead of the 3 required by something else. But when it's 5 people shooting this makes zero difference.

If tomorrow Gjallarhorn gets nerfed to the ground, everything in the game will play out exactly the same way. The only stategies which will suddenly no longer work are solo Raid runs, many of which require every last bit of DPS in some sections.

I agree with you 100%. If TTK is supposed to have half the content of Vanilla destiny then we should at least get a decent amount of new exotics, but chances of most of them being g useless are high...just like most exotics anyway. I feel like an easy way to make eotics really shine is to make them all have entirely unique perks instead of just one unique perk.

Vanilla launched with 19 exotic weapons.(17 xbox).

I'm expecting 10 from TTK. Maybe more depending on if we get new weapon classes or not.

And damn it. At least 6 of those better be void.

Comms

Neo Member
Hey guys,

As a thank you for being such good sports (and because I have some free time and want to brag a bit) I have uploaded my trials highlights for your viewing pleasure. 3 different classes with 3 different supers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=j9GOgri6bVM

You will notice all 3 of these wreaking balls came from attacking round the outside of the capture point. A high risk but high reward strategy as it turned out.

We went 27-0 on this map, not what I was expecting because I have been owned on this map, thanks to good support and rescues from Devrajin, litbambus and gunawi.

And yes, they did have to save me when I messed up and fell off the outside...quite a few times.

Hope you enjoy...and if you don't tell me to stop!

Kyne

I thought it was supposed to be 1 per account each week?

I got 2/3 for my characters this week

Now I am not sure if I should be happy I got a extra key or angry that I was ripped off.....

:p

Mhm. I might be wrong. Don't quote me on it.

/toolate

All of destiny is down for the next six hours.

It's possible the game might be up intermittently during the maintenance so they shut down trials just in case.

noomi

Well alright, destiny is down... lets talk about how much fun fun Batman is going to be, can;t wait to play it tomorrow :D

Deku Tree

Ghorn is a crutch

Kappa

If Bungie makes me do under leveled content, and makes me kill massive numbers of no glimmer giving over leveled yellow bar captains then I'll take all the crutches I can get.

BTW

0DzhWh.jpg

Deku Tree

They are going to patch the trials weapons, they can no longer be dismantled into weapon parts... :/

That would require a patch... are you trolling us or did you hear this from somewhere?

Anyway glad I made all my 1,500 weapons parts this weekend already.

EDIT: "The work we're doing today will lay the groundwork for future updates. Your player experience will not change." So I guess your trolling us.

Hey guys,

As a thank you for being such good sports (and because I have some free time and want to brag a bit) I have uploaded my trials highlights for your viewing pleasure. 3 different classes with 3 different supers.

You will notice all 3 of these wreaking balls came from attacking round the outside of the capture point. A high risk but high reward strategy as it turned out.

We went 27-0 on this map, not what I was expecting because I have been owned on this map, thanks to good support and rescues from Devrajin, litbambus and gunawi.

And yes, they did have to save me when I messed up and fell off the outside...quite a few times.

Nice work!

rNilla

Quick, someone make a Destiny text-based game we can play while it's down. Or let's get a chat going and I'll DM paper Destiny. "You are looking at a map containing several different planets..."

ocean

Banned
Vanilla launched with 19 exotic weapons.(17 xbox).

I'm expecting 10 from TTK. Maybe more depending on if we get new weapon classes or not.

And damn it. At least 6 of those better be void.
It's what makes me think Exotics will be ascended to year 2 values. There were 20(2) in Vanilla, 4(1) in TDB and 3 in HoW; ()=PS.

I'm expecting a dozen weapons. That's less than half the current arsenal. It would be crazy to reduce the viable exotic table to approximately half of what we had when the game freaking launched.

GhaleonEB

Found veredict is better (just as good) for most situations tho and frees the exotic slot.

On level 35 it's better to keep your distance and fire Ghorns. Getting up close to a level 35 yellow bar capital is a bad idea unless their one shot away from death.

I ran the level 35 yesterday for the first time, and used it in every round but Skolas. I took out most of the servitors and a large number of the vandal captains by going invis, then running up and unloading on them. Basically hit and run tactics for the most part, but it was also a great fallback when our position got rushed. Even when we had three high level servitors out there, I could move through and pick them apart one at a time safely. Never got killed doing so. It destroyed in the Cabal round, though the arc burn sure helped there.

Booted, Destiny servers offline for the next 6 hours..

They are going to patch the trials weapons, they can no longer be dismantled into weapon parts... :/

That's a ridiculously long down time. Was busy studying all day and hoping to get one more good Trials run in today. Guess that's not happening today :(

phen0m24

Hey guys,

I liked them all in my friends feed. :)

When are you going to carry deaf and I through trials? :p

Yeah, great games guys, that one match was one of the best Trials games I've been a part of (gotta go back and watch the video!). We were really pushing the limits of the "connection quality MM" with a 3-continent fire team, lol. And we had the yellow and red bars to prove it, more consistently bad connections than I've ever seen in ToO.

P.S. Sorry for the occasional rage-out, hopefully everyone knows not to take it too seriously :p Sometimes I just get super frustrated w myself for making bad plays (or for laggy nonsense).

Yeah losing those 2 games to lag was a letdown, but otherwise good games and had fun. Had to switch back to hawkmoon to get kills, couldn't be consistent with TLW. I just love the range that hawkmoon provides...

No worries, that falling off the map multiple times was hilarious..stupid geometry. :p

Hyun Sai

But Crota isn't any easier for having a Horn. Death singer maybe. But when you have 5 people shooting Crota, any RL will suffice. Teams wrongly thought they were lacking DPS on Crota when the reality is they were missing coordination. Well-timed, those shields can come down with anything.

Seriously, anything. Grenades, No Land Beyond, Scout Rifles, any shitty RL... Sure, the horn will do it in 2 rockets instead of the 3 required by something else. But when it's 5 people shooting this makes zero difference.

If tomorrow Gjallarhorn gets nerfed to the ground, everything in the game will play out exactly the same way. The only stategies which will suddenly no longer work are solo Raid runs, many of which require every last bit of DPS in some sections.

Nah, Gjallahorn is making a lot of difference when only 2 rockets suffice. Of course it's easier when no coordination whatsoever is needed. Of course it's easier on your TTK and ammo pack management.

So yeah, we can do the content without it (hell I did Crota Hard with a fellow gaffer with a no Gjallahorn no Titans all 32 team), but it trivializes PVE content to an absurd point.

Shito

Scout: Vision is fantastic but its main appeal was that Auto Fire was exclusive to it. Now you can roll that elsewhere.
It has solar burn and that oracle disruptor perk that works on PoE mines, though.
Ever since I got one my thoughts about ascending my A1354651s3d2f1dFwhatever scout rifle with firefly are long gone... ^^

Oh yeah I agree with that, but at the time Crota released and people were less experienced that they are now, the Horn was the easy "get him to kneel fast" mode. And as someone who ran CE later than other people here, with people new to the raid as well, with not a single Horn, I can very well remember the "we have a DPS problem I think" moments that could arise from this fight... ^^

Too slow. What do I need the exotic slot for when I'm rapidly auto-shotting things in the face?.

I like 4th H but FV is most definitely not too slow. The range (only shotgun w Send It), impact and auto fire is incredible. You absolutely need your exotic open to min/max high level PvE like Skolas. Lots of primaries are viable (FBringer, Arc Messenger, even VoC) but FV + Horn is the best Skolas load out you can get.

I know lots of people don't care about min/maxing but Arc burn Omnigul is the only "best in slot" use for 4thH. Even so, the fact that it has this use puts it well ahead of any other post-vanilla exotic.

@Lik: like others have said it's PvE-only shotty. Too many legendaries are better (mainly shot package and max impact ones), plus exotic primaries are so critical.

My two current favorites to play around with are NL Shadow with Full Auto and Firefly .

If my shadow rolled with solar I might have deleted my voc. It shoots so fast it's almost an auto rifle! Full auto and third eye on mine

Shadow hyyyypppeeeee. Already ascended my auto fire shadow, I love auto fire scouts. VoC has ruined me, I may not ever bother with Fang.

That would require a patch... are you trolling us or did you hear this from somewhere?

Anyway glad I made all my 1,500 weapons parts this weekend already.

EDIT: "The work we're doing today will lay the groundwork for future updates. Your player experience will not change." So I guess your trolling us.

Lol do we know why it is down for real?

Are you sure about that?

I know it for a fact that it will be a stealth patch.

NOT!

That's a ridiculously long down time. Was busy studying all day and hoping to get one more good Trials run in today. Guess that's not happening today :(

Yeah timing is bad for EU players.

Keep your fingers cross. It "could" last up to 6 hours.

The recent tweet said upto 6 hours. So yeah, could be back up earlier..

Nah, Gjallahorn is making a lot of difference when only 2 rockets suffice. Of course it's easier when no coordination whatsoever is needed. Of course it's easier on your TTK and ammo pack management.

So yeah, we can do the content without it (hell I did Crota Hard with a fellow gaffer with a no Gjallahorn no Titans all 32 team), but it trivializes PVE content to an absurd point.

We did Crota Hard mode last week with no Hunter. I ran the sword as a defender titan.

Yeah, great games guys, that one match was one of the best Trials games I've been a part of (gotta go back and watch the video!). We were really pushing the limits of the "connection quality MM" with a 3-continent fire team, lol. And we had the yellow and red bars to prove it, more consistently bad connections than I've ever seen in ToO.

P.S. Sorry for the occasional rage-out, hopefully everyone knows not to take it too seriously :p Sometimes I just get super frustrated w myself for making bad plays (or for laggy nonsense).
Haha I ran trials with kartik and unknown, so I know what you are talking about. We went 8-0 then lag got us and we lost 2 matches in a row. Needless to say we ended up going 9-1. I don't mind losing since it was a fun experiences but Never gonna get to Mercury. Maybe if I played more often.. O well.

Lnkn52

Haha, I'm probably too tired anyways after studying for 6-7 hours.
Did you guys pick up a winning streak yesterday, saw you play for a long time with Gaz and Blaze.

We get a flow going, went 5-0. Then we lost the next 2, :(

Thanks again for giving me the spot. I was so down from my ToO matches Saturday night.

rNilla

I like 4th H but FV is most definitely not too slow. The range (only shotgun w Send It), impact and auto fire is incredible. You absolutely need your exotic open to min/max high level PvE like Skolas. Lots of primaries are viable (FBringer, Arc Messenger, even VoC) but FV + Horn is the best Skolas load out you can get.

I know lots of people don't care about min/maxing but Arc burn Omnigul is the only "best in slot" use for 4thH. Even so, the fact that it has this use puts it well ahead of any other post-vanilla exotic.

I was mostly joking given 4th Horseman's insane fire rate but min/maxing is generally not interesting to me and neither is Skolas. In most encounters your choice of exotic is not as big of a deal.

@Lik: like others have said it's PvE-only shotty. Too many legendaries are better (mainly shot package and max impact ones), plus exotic primaries are so critical.

Shadow hyyyypppeeeee. Already ascended my auto fire shadow, I love auto fire scouts. VoC has ruined me, I may not ever bother with Fang.

For sure, FB + FV/BH + Horn is the best loadout for any PoE activity.

Now I'll have to roll that shadow I got from clash to get auto fire and stability...

ocean

Banned

5 people shoot a Gjallarhorn, Crota kneels. 5 people shoot any other rocket, Crota kneels. Don't see the ammo savings but I won't argue the point further. It's a great weapon, but Crota with a full team is one of the best examples of a PvE encounter where it literally makes zero difference. He won't kneel harder for getting 5 rockets to land when 2 sufficed. If the team uses something else, it's still overkill.
It has solar burn and that oracle disruptor perk that works on PoE mines, though.
Ever since I got one my thoughts about ascending my A1354651s3d2f1dFwhatever scout rifle with firefly are long gone... ^^

Oh yeah I agree with that, but at the time Crota released and people were less experienced that they are now, the Horn was the easy "get him to kneel fast" mode. And as someone who ran CE later than other people here, with people new to the raid as well, with not a single Horn, I can very well remember the "we have a DPS problem I think" moments that could arise from this fight... ^^
Oh at the very beginning there was a lot going on. People were under leveled - forever 29s going in and very few at 31 the first week. Timing was all messed up - there was boomer duty and ad duty and a lot of shot happening on left stairs so DPS could be inconsistent. Ghorn helped a lot. Now that middle balcony ensures everyone is safe and aiming at Crota when sword drops, coordinating timing is easy enough that any rocket will do.

And Vision? It's a thing of beauty <3 still a beast in PvE, but it feels a little less special now that it isn't the only cool auto firing kid on the block. Fatebringer cradles its Firefly and fears for the day other HCs get it.

Deku Tree

I have all the guns that I want at max attack.
Three level 34s with ok stats.
All the exotics weapons.
All the exotic armors that I care about... Will wait for the others to drop or be sold by Xur.

VoC for solar burn. Fang/FB for Arc Burn. Void Scholar/Jewel/Summonery for Void burns.
Should I shard WoC DGAF?

25 e-light. 1500 weapons parts. Almost 300 motes. Almost 300 or more of each class item.

A vault that is so full that I need to delete good stuff because I need space for better stuff.

All tower vendors at rank 3 or higher x3. Just about Max vanguard and crucible marks x3.

I am ready for TTK.

It's time to put destiny on "just do whatever for fun status" and wait for TTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom