• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get a flow going, went 5-0. Then we lost the next 2, :(

Thanks again for giving me the spot. I was so down from my ToO matches Saturday night.

Ah that's too bad! At least you got the chest piece if you didn't have it already.
No need to thank me, I play with these guys night and day, they can do it without me ;)

Maybe you can team up with Tears and me next time.

Lnkn52

Ah that's too bad! At least you got the chest piece if you didn't have it already.
No need to thank me, I play with these guys night and day, they can do it without me ;)

Maybe you can team up with Tears and me next time.

Yeah no sweat, wasn't looking to get to Mercury.
That sounds great. I'll hit you up, ofcourse depending on the map selection.

Gjallarhorn does less than twice the damage of HoC, it's about 1.5x. It's otherwise the best RL sure but not by a large enough margin to warrant all the attention it does in my opinion.

It's really hard to calculate exact Horn damage since so many WP round hit markers pop up and overlap on top of each other. The actual number seems to vary between rockets. But one huge advantage is the WP tracking, which really hurts ol' Hungry. Cluster bombs drop to the ground below the detonation spot so any moving target will avoid many (or even all) of them. There also aren't nearly as many clusters vs WPs.

I should look more closely at saved videos to get a better idea, but I promise a Horn is much more than 1.5x a Hungry. There's a huge difference between first and second place, but it's also not remotely "required" for anything in the game outside weird solo challenges, like you said.

EL CUCO

Keep your fingers cross. It "could" last up to 6 hours.

Twitch Destiny Channel...

UZU3EBe.png
Ha! Looks like I can finally be able to get some things done at work.
It's really hard to calculate exact Horn damage since so many WP round hit markers pop up and overlap on top of each other. The actual number seems to vary between rockets. But one huge advantage is the WP tracking, which really hurts ol' Hungry. Cluster bombs drop to the ground below the detonation spot so any moving target will avoid many (or even all) of them. There also aren't nearly as many clusters vs WPs.

I should look more closely at saved videos to get a better idea, but I promise a Horn is much more than 1.5x a Hungry. There's a huge difference between first and second place, but it's also not remotely "required" for anything in the game outside weird solo challenges, like you said.
Cluster bombs are so bad in comparison. I accidentally fired a rocket in air as I was coming down. The rocket hit the wall in front of me. I was standing in between all of the cluster bombs as they detonated at my feet and they barely did any damage to me.

bitsurugi

Progress report on my new hunter:

In aprox 12h after it's creation, it hit lvl 34 :)
(Dinged 20, then i used armor and weapon cores on Varikses ''Judgement packages''. Got really lucky, he gave me the PoE helm, INT/Disc roll + fallen, what more would i want? Then i got the chest with disc roll and Fallen perk and i bought the gloves he sells this week. Had boots from before and Lucky Raspberry... so i was immediately set).

Finished NF, Trials (got the cloak) and today did the HoW questline and PoE 32+34 (the latter 2 - manned, this week's are really easy).

Funny, the Bladedancer tree is nearly maxed, missing only the last 2 bubbles. Oh, and i got lucky to get Exile gloves from the 8-wins pack (hand cannon reload and special reload - altho str roll). Crota gave me the boots and gloves, so i am super happy. In fact, this one day hunter has better PoE and Trials armor then all my 3 titans in 5 weeks. RNG ftw.

Enjoying in PvP, arcbolt granades... maaaaan, this is insane. Also blink+quickdraw is the bomb! Loving it!

Ready for Skolas, when servers come back up :)

LTWood12

Yeah, great games guys, that one match was one of the best Trials games I've been a part of (gotta go back and watch the video!). We were really pushing the limits of the "connection quality MM" with a 3-continent fire team, lol. And we had the yellow and red bars to prove it, more consistently bad connections than I've ever seen in ToO.

P.S. Sorry for the occasional rage-out, hopefully everyone knows not to take it too seriously :p Sometimes I just get super frustrated w myself for making bad plays (or for laggy nonsense).

Never take it personally. It's completely natural when you have a highly competitive environment like this, and factors out of your control cause a loss. In your case that's most likely:

A. A teamate (probably me) doing something dumb, or better yet NOT doing something totally obvious.

or less likely:

B. Technical difficulties.

Would you be up for some Trials tonight? Would really like to try for Mercury if possible.

Haha I ran trials with kartik and unknown, so I know what you are talking about. We went 8-0 then lag got us and we lost 2 matches in a row. Needless to say we ended up going 9-1. I don't mind losing since it was a fun experiences but Never gonna get to Mercury. Maybe if I played more often.. O well.

Sounds like you lost.... for Unknown reasons!! removesunglasses.gif

Exact same thing happened to use today on an 8-0 run (for Kartik, DJ was missing a boon and I was just playing for fun). Very annoying but oh well, Mercury really isn't that big of a deal. Maybe we can get some matches tonight or next weekend and try to punch you a ticket there. Casmith was also looking for his first trip, it'd be old-school raid style. :)

Hyun Sai

Yeah, I agree, but people will never want to learn any mechanics as long as it's there. Even when they nerfed Qodron encounter, all people wanted to do was putting a blessing bubble and unload on him. Hell, it's quicker and easier with Gja, why bother doing differently ?

ocean

Banned

I've never tried counting the hit markers. The best I've found is to figure out how many shots it takes with one and the other.

Most stuff that Horn will kill in 2 will take 3 from Hunger. It'd be nice to try it for science on something with lots of health and no Hive Disruptor benefit.

You up for it tonight? Let's do a Horn only Nexus which is a clean fight with little in the way of ads to worry about. Then we do an all Hunger clear.

With low enemies it's hard to calculate. I mean if something goes down in 1 horn but it takes 2 Hungers because the first only did 95%, it'd be unfair to conclude "oh 2 rockets vs 1, 2x". But with spongier targets we could approximate a figure. I mean we'll see whether it's 20 vs 30 rockets or more like 20 vs. 40. It'll eliminate a big part of the error produced by remainder overkill on the last rocket when you're shooting tens.

Says yes Drizz. Bring your HP, I'll bring my TI.

Never take it personally. It's completely natural when you have a highly competitive environment like this, and factors out of your control cause a loss. In your case that's most likely:

It was mostly

C. Two teammates dead, Drizzay runs around the map, enemy team gets all revives, Drizzay snipes/supers all three then falls off the ledge :p

Grinchy

Banned
I hope this maintenance will make it so I'm not paired up with at least 3 people who have routers made out of popsicle sticks every single game.

rNilla

I hope this maintenance will make it so I'm not paired up with at least 3 people who have routers made out of popsicle sticks every single game.

Hey I put a lot of work into this homemade modem! And it's made out of tongue depressors, not popsicle sticks.

A. A teamate (probably me) doing something dumb, or better yet NOT doing something totally obvious.

or less likely:

B. Technical difficulties.

Would you be up for some Trials tonight? Would really like to try for Mercury if possible.

For sure man. Unstable had talked about running more tonight but not sure how many hours. Maybe I can talk Rubenov into running with us if he's around.

Edit: lol

Lt Wood and Drizz I can be a 3rd for Trials tonight if you want.

It was mostly

C. Two teammates dead, Drizzay runs around the map, enemy team gets all revives, Drizzay snipes/supers all three then falls off the ledge :p

Lol followed by enemy team self res'ing to still win the round and me letting loose a string of expletives and pained groaning noises. I need to start muting my mic and just getting the rage-vent out of my system, haha.

Sounds like you lost.... for Unknown reasons!! removesunglasses.gif

Exact same thing happened to use today on an 8-0 run (for Kartik, DJ was missing a boon and I was just playing for fun). Very annoying but oh well, Mercury really isn't that big of a deal. Maybe we can get some matches tonight or next weekend and try to punch you a ticket there. Casmith was also looking for his first trip, it'd be old-school raid style. :)
We couldnt use the lag to our advantage! haha
that was the plan ;)
but yeah, let me know.

Hey guys, i took a day off from work today, and id like to try my hand at raiding (never done it before), any one up?, Ps4 btw
There is maintenance going on currently for the next ~6 hours.

Can anyone look at my Vault and recommend some of the guns it'd be okay to dismantle?

It's hard to give opinions when I can't see the perks and sometimes don't recognize the weapon images. But easy deletes would be any low impact auto rifle and the white/green/blue stuff unless you have an emotional attachment to it.

One suggestion that helps me: I'll group all weapons of a given type onto one character so I can compare them directly. How many shotguns of what element with which perks do I have? Delete redundant stuff or stuff that doesn't have a purpose where you know you'd use it.

Also, FYI I got your PM and will respond here shortly. Thanks for doing that btw!

LTWood12

Lt Wood and Drizz I can be a 3rd for Trials tonight if you want.

For sure man. Unstable had talked about running more tonight but not sure how many hours. Maybe I can talk Rubenov into running with us if he's around.

Edit: lol

Thanks guys. You're in Europe aren't you Rubenov? Hopefully I should be on around 7:30 central time tonight, though that may be too early for Drizz. I'm going to try and help T-44 get to 7 wins for a Messenger at some point tonight too. Just let me know what works for ya'll.

Comms

Neo Member
I liked them all in my friends feed. :)

When are you going to carry deaf and I through trials? :p

...Err.....Ummm......Errr.......Look a squirrel! :0

No but seriously it rather depends on the map how well I do. I only pulled the supers off because gunawi and Dev got theirs in first and saved the round because I jumped of the edge...

Seriously I'm not that good....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom