• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

The Two bubbles at the end was classic. LOL

those delays. I do give alot of credit to the Bungie Sound guys, it's such a great feeling hearing those dings when you take down the opponent,

Deku Tree

It looks like Wil Wheaton is doing a new show for Playstation called "Conversations with Creators". Debut is with Bungie and premiers 7/7! Sounds cool.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/22/conversations-with-creators/

Episode 1: Bungie – July 7th
  • Jason Jones – Co-Founder
    Ryan Ellis – Design Director
    Luke Smith – Design Director
    Jason Sussman – Senior Environment

That's on Bungie Day!

Hope they reveal new TTK info!
Hope also that they reveal a Year 2 season pass and a Year two bundle that includes all the extras!

EDIT:

And Jason Jones showing up is a HUGE DEAL... That guy is the leader and founding owner of all of Bungie and is normally a recluse who lets his minions do these kinds of interviews.

PuMa

That's on Bungie Day!

Hope also that they reveal a Year 2 season pass and a Year two bundle that includes all the extras!

EDIT:

And Jason Jones showing up is a HUGE DEAL... That guy is the leader and founding owner of all of Bungie and is normally a recluse who lets his minions do these kinds of interviews.

Yeah, I can't wait. Should be a lot of news for us that day.

vctor182

This was probably one of my best weekends for Destiny, Saturday with my newly created 2nd Hunter I ran for the first time Crota HM and finally got the Fang scout rifle. Then ran VoG normal and was the shieldbearer for the templar fight, we stopped him from teleporting and downed him in less than 5 minutes it was awesome. Not sure if it was a coincidence but Gorgon's chest dropped 3 exotics! (Nothing for me though) first time I've seen that happen. Then ran VoG HM and got my second Fatebringer.
Sunday I joined a friend who wanted to do Trials with my main hunter but while we were waiting for a third guardian to appear we joined a friend's crota run and after it a VoG HM. I finally got back the VoG boots (and with 130 Int!) Gorgon chest then decided to reward me with a Gjallarhorn! (2nd one), Gatekeeper gave me the Timepiece, finally completing my VoG weapon set and Atheon gave me 2nd Vex Mytho.
Onto Trials we were doing pretty good until match #6, this team was really good, so good that we were behind 1 on the score and had to change tactics on the fly, we to beat them 5-4. Somehow got a rematch against them, and one of the sent a msg to my friend saying "gg". We were getting steamrolled 1-4 but we managed to win all the rest of the rounds and make an epic comeback winning again 5-4, after those 2 matches the rest was easy and reached Mercury for the first time. Got a Solar Scholar and Dis/Str Exile gauntlets with Hand Cannon/Special reload from the gold package.

TL;DR My weekend haul:
- Fang Scout Rifle
- 2nd Fatebringer
- 2nd Gjallarhorn
- VoG raid boots (Full int, Hunter VoG set complete)
- Praedyth's Timepiece (VoG weapon set complete)
- 2nd Vex
- Solar Scholar
- Exile Gauntlets

That's on Bungie Day!

EDIT:

I know this is unlikely, but how awesome would it be if they decided not to split the community like in Year 1, and just give both Year 2 expansions for free to anyone who bought TTK?

As for Send It vs Perfect Balance on Thorn, seems I'm using the right perk then. But I think I get better results with Hawkmoon.

Lnkn52

First legit Bulletproof. They were a really bad team.

You already started great....

What color is the rainbow...

6EvrwdO.png

FyreWulff

Can I point out that Thorn would compliment your defensive/hiding around corner and taking pot shot playstyle better? You'd be much stronger support for you team. Also, if you're not going to stick them with the grenade and use it defensively as well, there is a much better defender grenade for that.

I don't have a Thorn. Also, was going for sticks, but sometimes I use grenades to discourage enemies from advancing onto a point. I also use supressing fire through doors / down hallways regularly in the same way.

It was also a bit shakey since that was my first run and we were doing good up to that point (ended 9-1, though). You can't hear the voice chat but during the entire thing my teammates are telling me how to do stuff in extreme detail due to not being experienced with the gametype yet.

Nuszka

Back from jurassic world, had some mean lunch at a diner. Now to watch true detective , poltergeist and a view drinks my wife makes in the process. Life without destiny isn't that bad after all.

I'm assuming one of those vids, is the lag vid :p

Yup.

those delays. I do give alot of credit to the Bungie Sound guys, it's such a great feeling hearing those dings when you take down the opponent,

Yeah, I do hate the Thorn sound though. Sounds like a dog sneezing.

First legit Bulletproof. They were a really bad team.

Hey I was there!

Ruthless was MVP.

My job was to keep drizzay and fig from arguing :p

Are you PS4? Odds are still not great for all newbie raid but way better than any other system. Definitely worth asking around. The other option is to have 1, max 2 experienced players who agree to keep quiet unless asked for advice haha. Hawkian does newbie raids on Thursdays and I'm sure he'd be open to something like that if all the newbies were on board.

I'd also be happy to play the "silent sherpa" role if there's enough newbies to fill out the roster. I strongly agree that playing raids blind or close to it is the most fun. Nothing like figuring it out instead of just being told what to do.

We are on PS4 yeah. Thanks for the reply. I might have to message Hawkian to get in on a newbie raid. I'll take what I can get, it's crazy how long we've played this without ever doing a raid yet - looking forward to it!

noomi

Back from jurassic world, had some mean lunch at a diner. Now to watch true detective , poltergeist and a view drinks my wife makes in the process. Life without destiny isn't that bad after all.

Dude.... are you living my life? I'm going to watch true detective after work and planning on seeing poltergeist tomorrow :eek:

I need you nice a capable to help me tonight, max 20 drinks for you!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

*high five*

Get some froyo too :p

Nice Grim! Was a bit worried after you raged, but I knew you could get it done after learning the map boundaries ;)
Solar Jewel is kind of overrated, so no reason to keep another around. Got to 8 wins yesterday with Tears and WheelHoss after a whole ticket of rough games.

I seem to work alright with Gaz and Blaze. I wasn't worried about missing out on anything but sounded like u and tears might've felt a little bad. So just letting you know what happened. Lol never thought I'd rage quit over a game but after losing to those 2 scrub teams right at the start my play just deteriorated because I let it get in my head. Logging off then was the right thing in the end. I'll be around for reset tomorrow if anyone needs a body for NF and such.

th3dude

Updated roster for a last minute before reset hard mode raid tonight at 11 EDT. Still need more.

1. th3dude119
2. Sketch_Turntable
3. V1ctIm

Full disclosure on me: never done a hard mode or sword or anything, so experienced players are desired.

I assume CE since it should be quicker but I'm up for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom