• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkarus

Salvage is back! :D

Does anyone fancy teaming up for some Salvage games? The fear of teaming up with randoms is too great.

Failing that I'd be happy to run PoE 32, 34 or 35.

I played a couple of missions in TDB when it came out but didn't get into it and never even looked at HoW until a week ago when I finished Witcher and wanted to play something for a bit.

Turns out two of my brothers still play a lot so I jumped back in at lvl 24 (i'm up to 30 now) and damn if I'm not having a ton of fun. Like all the changes, love the new content and I really love playing with my brothers. I hadn't bothered doing any strikes really when it came out, making up for lost time now.

My second night playing again and they dragged me through nightfall and I got the Monte Carlo. Fucking *love* that gun, looks amazing and is fantastically powerful and stable. I got a legendary scout rifle and another exotic auto (SUROS) and some Vanguard armor that I'll need to improve on if I want to get over the 30 hump.

Really glad I jumped back in, the game runs and looks so great it's a treat to play.

It's awesome seeing so many new faces and returning guardians enjoying the game. It really has come a long way since launch last year. If you haven't run any raids yet, maybe you guys could find 3 more ppl to join to round out a fire team and run VoG. Plenty of ppl have been posting about VoG lately.

It's awesome seeing so many new faces and returning guardians enjoying the game. It really has come a long way since launch last year. If you haven't run any raids yet, maybe you guys could find 3 more ppl to join to round out a fire team and run VoG. Plenty of ppl have been posting about VoG lately.

We run VoG 3x a week religiously. We're on Xbox One though.

PuMa

Oh man, the HALO community thread is hating on Destiny too. LMAO.

Haters gon' hate

xZ1pnW7IztIbu.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Um, so me and some buddies decided to try Trials for "fun" last night. I think we won one round. Barely. The one time I was able to kill the enemy they all rezzed. LOL. Yeah. not for me. It would be nice if they paired us with other groups without all the Trials armor and experience.

noomi

it is done.... 6 hours. Started Sunday night, and here we are.

Thanks to everyone that helped me along the way, you guys are the real MVP's <3

Now I need to unlock Crota and PoE.... the grind, when does it end?

It's hard when you make a decision to no longer support something you once cared for. The most common coping mechanism is to find other people of like mindedness and/or convince others to come over to your side.

It's a way to reassure yourself that you made the right decision.

I did something similar with Halo. I left Halo when Bungie left Halo, and while I try to not publicly talk about Halo too much (unless it's more of an industry topic), I feel better about my decision when I see Halo misstep. Watching the entire MCC was very comforting for me, because it made me feel like I made the right choice.

It's all just very interesting to observe from a psychological point of view.

The most interesting part is that most of these people that speak so ill of Destiny want to come back. At least subconsciously. And they will either after they swallow their pride (less likely) or Bungie gets some crazy good PR about an upcoming release (more likely to happen with Destiny 2). Just like I know there is a part of me that wants to go back and play a bunch of new Halo stuff.

I gave up Destiny for 5 months after TDB came out. Came back for HoW. I played it almost every day from launch till December. Currently I'm playing it almost every day.

At this point I'm struggling to figure out what to do with my Destiny time.

-PoE is a pretty shallow experience for me. If you've played one PoE, you've played them all.
-Trials is fun but now that it's almost all 'good kids', it's a lot more infuriating because no one in my team of irl friends is god status.
-Raids are too easy to get checkpoints for, therefore making it take about 30-45 minutes for all 3 characters. Not to mention the only raid gun I want is Black Hammer.
-Nightfalls are basically completed for the xp bonus at this point.
-Weeklys are only done if I'm really bored, since let's face it, we've all played those strikes 50 times over by now.
-Crucible remains shallow as it ever was from day one. Team death match variants are boring.

Aside from all these complaints, I'm about to get on and do Nightfalls. Why? Because Destiny knows how to play with you psychologically. I firmly believe that Destiny is the best bad game I've ever played.

I don't want this post be taken as shitting on the game because I know destiny gets a lot of hate outside of the OT. I just saying that I think those who give up Destiny, aren't really missing much in the long run.

Shito

Wow!

365 Vision of Confluence just helped me rip through that nightfall solo in 20 minutes.
Super easy.

My 3rd Universal Remote as a reward :/
Love soloing this strike.
With VoC, Black Hammer / Icebreaker and the Horn, it should be really fun and quick to do so.
... Which means I will probably get crappy rewards out of it, of course. :)

Omni

What armour is that? I like the chest.

or maybe it's just the shader... hmm. I have yet to get a single Dead Orbit one. :(

Lnkn52

6 hours?! That must be a record. I clocked my level up at 8 hours. Warlock Next?

noomi

What armour is that? I like the chest.

or maybe it's just the shader... hmm. I have yet to get a single Dead Orbit one. :(

It's just some random green gear (highlander I think?) with a dead orbit shader

6 hours?! That must be a record. I clocked my level up at 8 hours. Warlock Next?

Yeah I had a lot of help, mixed in with bounties and crucible for a few hours. Warlock... maybe one day haha, for now, 2 hunters and a titan will do :D

Nice work!

Thanks man :)

YAY!!! What kind of gear did you have waiting for him?

Used an armor core to get todays chest from PoE, and had an exotic helmet... that new titan exotic one, forgot the name

Your Titan looks rad! What shader is that?

Hanged Man shader from dead orbit.

Ryck

Very Nice, I started a Hunter on friday and yesterday I was at 33 1/2. It helped a lot to hoard all that Hunter gear I kept getting. Also didnt hurt to have a vault full of Etheric Light.

Should hit 34 today :)

LiK

Wow!

365 Vision of Confluence just helped me rip through that nightfall solo in 20 minutes.
Super easy.

My 3rd Universal Remote as a reward :/

Really? Glad I won't need to beg for NF spots then.

Towards the beginning of my Trials marathon w/ Drizz & Rubenov last night, we went up against a guy from Invigorate. Looked him up today, #5 Crucible player in the world.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/IIsKampII

Did you win

Deku Tree

Towards the beginning of my Trials marathon w/ Drizz & Rubenov last night, we went up against a guy from Invigorate. Looked him up today, #5 Crucible player in the world.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/IIsKampII

From your link:

DTR Crucible Rank: #12

What?

In any case I think that the Destiny Tracker ranking stats are basically almost entirely "Number of games played" and "Win Percentage" with other stats like K/D and total kills and total deaths being a much smaller modification of your DTR rank.

I'm not saying DTR is unimportant and it doesn't show that you are very very good. But people who have been grinding crucible since Day 1 usually with a full fire team of pro mode players have a huge advantage in those stats.

I'm only saying that "you gotta play the match" to really see who is better....

...so did you guys win against IIsKampII ?

Just picked up LoW yesterday, and it's kind of a blast to use. I am liking it in regular crucible.

Just curious if anyone has any experience using it in trials. I'm still getting a feel for the gun, but I get the feeling that the fire 'burst' it creates can be very effective on burning down an enemy that's running it you,

Anyone have any experiences/tips to share on using this thing?

Shito

Aside from all these complaints, I'm about to get on and do Nightfalls. Why? Because Destiny knows how to play with you psychologically. I firmly believe that Destiny is the best bad game I've ever played.

I don't want this post be taken as shitting on the game because I know destiny gets a lot of hate outside of the OT. I just saying that I think those who give up Destiny, aren't really missing much in the long run.
No problem about that, I think we all got our reasons to play Destiny, and for most of us it's probably a (vicious) mix between the lust for loot and the social aspect of the game, with the cherry on the top being that the game is crazy fun to play.
Without any of these three pillars I would have stopped playing a long time ago, but right now those three combined are what makes me continue loving booting it up and tackling a nightfall with my gf and an another friend, and then when they go to bed come here on GAF and ask for a PoE 34 with all sorts of different people, all of them being friendly and welcoming to play with.
The game is full of flaws and weaknesses, no doubt about that, and I'm the first one to bitch and laugh about stupid decisions being made here and there, but I've met such wonderful people through it, and had such good times reading this OT or watching streams of people here that I can't really see it as a waste of my time those past few months.

Deku Tree

Future

Destiny is an easy game to hate on. What amazes me is people hating on it after getting multiple characters to max level, getting close to all the exotics, etc. I mean that's TONS of playtime. At that point you are bitching simply because it's not a true MMO with a zillion tasks that can suck 100s of hours a week. To be honest, I don't even have a hundred hours a week to play haha

Interestingly, actual MMOs I have a harder time playing. They may have tons of content and get people addicted with a laundry list of things to do, but the gameplay isn't there at all for me. I used to replay halo constantly just because of the fun fights without any real gain. In destiny I am doing that again, but now with actual loot and basic things to do. Pretty awesome for me, and part of why i will always play this game just a bit. People that complain about burning out and playing too much..... Take a break! If you are like me you will pop in once an awhile to play something quick and Pop off again to play other stuff. You can't expect this game alone to sustain you all year IMO.

Last night I did one queens bounty patrol mission, and that's it. In that mission one other player joined in to help out and we fought together. Raced to find the chest, and he found it before I did and kept blasting in my direction to get my attention. Opened it together, waved and went our separate ways. Awesome to me. Logged off satisfied and played more witcher

All that said, bungie gave haters tons of ammo with their bullshit PR spin on how year one users need to rebuy the game for extras. It was bad PR, and deserves the bad press

I'm glad the NF is short. My time is limited on Destiny until end of August now so unless anything new comes out until TTK, it'll be mainly spent on Nightfalls and the occasional Trials. Maybe someday I'll do PoE - haven't done one since about 3 weeks ago and have my first 2 elder ciphers to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom