• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Having just interviewed Luke Smith -- I'm actually in the middle of transcribing our interview right now -- I will say that he has a boisterous, often-sarcastic tone that isn't really captured when it's written down.

Also, reading between the lines it seems like they're going to sell those emotes as microtransactions, no? I feel like a lot of people are flipping out before we have the full picture. If we get to September and Activision/Bungie actually expect people to re-buy everything just to get the new cosmetic stuff, then yes, get the pitchforks out. But right now I feel like there's a lot they haven't announced yet.

Time to wait for the new interview.

mcz117chief

Hi, guys. I would like to try out Vault of Glass. Is there going to be a run soon that I could join ?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I play on the PS4.

Dave_6

After a few weeks "off", I can play again this week!

Please quote/snip to confirm availability and relate your preferred activities.

Does anyone have, or can anyone get, CPs?

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - prefer to raid (NM/HM Gorgons, HM Atheon, NM DS/Crota, HM DS/Crota would be ideal; I really just want exotic rolls), but I guess I'd be up for some NF/PoE32/34
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ??
3) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??

I'll be online but I'm going to be playing Arkham Knight most of the night. I may be up for a couple NFs later if I get done but it may be tomorrow or Thursday before I play Destiny again.

I hate to miss our Tues night get together but I'll be back next week for sure. Felt a little burnout this weekend and Arkham Night will be a nice break for a couple days.

GhaleonEB

The expectations that Deej is setting for Thursday are unimaginable given the backlash.

Literally.

Like, I don't even know what I'd want. I'm not sure it's about the rewards more than principle here.

Ballerhorn would probably shut me up though.

If he just goes into specifics on the already announced year 1 vet rewards the internet will riot. I wonder what it'll be.

Given his posts yesterday, that sounds like what he was planning. I hope those plans have changed.

Their first order of business should be to fix the situation. Then do PR damage control. If it's just 'hey, look at what year 1 owners get!' the hole they're in will only get deeper.

Once I very luckily got my Void Scholar last weekend I decided that I have all the loot I need from Trials.

Yeah I also had a hard time finding teams. I'm pretty scrubby at PvP. Always played a lot of FPS PvE, but before Destiny never played more than a few minutes of any FPS PvP. I do enjoy watching some twitch streams and I'm much better at PvP than I was a few months ago. I can lead a team of randoms in kills and if I play hard I can have a positive k/d usually. And I'm good at taking directions and playing as a team.

But still I'm pretty scrubby at something like Trials, or staying in the top half of the group in a six person GAF IB train.

I feel lucky to have been swiftly carried to Mercury with no hiccups three times and to have all the loot I need (and then some) from this expansion.

I also don't think TTK has some kind of a loot driven PvP event but we will see...

*shakes fist*

I've accepted I will never get this and I've been to Mercury... a lot.

Basically why I retired from Trials this week. The mode is just to draining for me.

Given his posts yesterday, that sounds like what he was planning. I hope those plans have changed.

Their first order of business should be to fix the situation. Then do PR damage control. If it's just 'hey, look at what year 1 owners get!' the hole they're in will only get deeper.

I'll accept: More vault space or a Steak Dinner with Lemon meringue pie from Luke. I have my pitch fork ready. Curious to see what they have planned to show, but I'm betting it'll be a whole other shitstorm, but I really, really want to be wrong about that.

GRIP

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - prefer to raid (NM/HM Gorgons, HM Atheon, NM DS/Crota, HM DS/Crota would be ideal; I really just want exotic rolls), but I guess I'd be up for some NF/PoE32/34
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??

I'm in and I'd like to run a few 32 PoE for the armor cores if anyone else is down for that. Probably gonna do a few nightfalls, but I'll probably do those before we group up.

Gordon

Or even a completely different (weekly?) gametype that rotates themes. Like the Supers-only mode but it changes every week. Maybe that would be boring though.
If it used a handful of modifiers like nightfall that each restricted or modified one thing like Weapon Modifier/Ability Modifier/Subclass Modifier there would be an insane amount of variation. Hand Cannons Only/No grenades/Arc Subclasses Only vs FR Only/No Supers/Void Classes etc. It could get pretty odd with some combos but I think that's where the really fun stuff would start happening.

ocean

Banned
The expectations that Deej is setting for Thursday are unimaginable given the backlash.

Literally.

Like, I don't even know what I'd want. I'm not sure it's about the rewards more than principle here.

If he just goes into specifics on the already announced year 1 vet rewards the internet will riot. I wonder what it'll be.
99% sure it's the previously announced VIP or Founder's tier or whatever.

Even if he promises Horns for everyone, they'd be missing the point. They put stuff in the game that requires us to buy the game again in order to be accessed. That's the problem. Whether our reward is better is totally irrelevant. The issue is telling us "you want it all? Buy Destiny. Again. With all the DLC - again. At discount though!"

ocean

Banned
I'm in and I'd like to run a few 32 PoE for the armor cores if anyone else is down for that. Probably gonna do a few nightfalls, but I'll probably do those before we group up.
I need NF and 32 PoE. Let me know if you wanna team up!

phen0m24

This is pretty how much I feel about Trials but only when I'm on a team that's not necessarily expecting to do anything. Otherwise I feel bad because generally I am bad.

This is why Team
drunken
Iron Wafer was the best thing probably ever. Fun and SIlimar's for everyone.
Oh wait, just me. STOP with the auto rifles, game!

Never think you're bad or you become bad!
No, I know what you mean. I'm also way better if I play in a team that is in it for the fun rather than a must-go-to-Mercury team.

Dr
(You are now forever Dr. Robinson)
those super chill rounds on Saturday with you and sleepy-I mean siay (poor Siay) were fun. Now that I know you a little better
minus any applicable Dutch profanity :p
maybe I can begin "operation learning mode." :)

spyder_ur

*snip*

Welcome back Berried.

Batman. I might be around a little bit but, seriously, Batman.

Marvel

could never
oywM17n.gif

Woo I'm back! house move went great, internet online now. So some Destiny will be in order at some point. Gotta try out Batman first though.

Literally.

That's what Urk was trying to do last week. Doesn't seem like the language has changed from what DeeJ mentioned on b.net.

I'm guessing that emotes will stay with the collector's edition. They don't want to undercut sales. But they'll maybe add to the shader/sparrow/emblem to have something comparable.

(Also, no way they give away exotics. Even if it's Gjallarhorn. Because there will be people who already have it who will feel cheated.)

Hung Wei Lo

6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
3) LkPr (PSN LkPr) ??
4) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
6) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??

Alts
a) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
(none yet)

As much as I enjoy raiding, I'm still on a quest for armour cores/etheric light. Don't get me wrong, I love my 400+ STR Titan, 'lock and hunter, but I like to have options :/
I'm in for NF's and PoE 32/34

Dr
(You are now forever Dr. Robinson)
those super chill rounds on Saturday with you and sleepy-I mean siay (poor Siay) were fun. Now that I know you a little better
minus any applicable Dutch profanity :p
maybe I can begin "operation learning mode." :)

Sure thing, if you ever see me derping around either in orbit, crucible or wherever just send me a message/invite. Really enjoyed those stress-free fun runs in between hardcore ToO games, it really helped me as well. Would love to do it again or even go into Trials, it is all fine by me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom