• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

vctor182

If they are going to touch the HC's in the next weapon update they should just focus on the 2 exotics Thorn and TLW. Thorn should have a slower fire rate or follow it's lore. The gun is trying to devour the light of its user so every time you shoot you get 1 tick of the mark of devour. TLW should just fix that 111 bug

Need one more for 32 PoE

cant read this thread anymore at work. I audibly giggle when I see your avatar

I want my weekly treasure key from a Queens Wrath bounty... does it matter which one I do?

There are the dark blue and the light blue ones... any difference?

Also, just rolled a Radegast's Fury with Hard Launch, Tripod, Heavy Payload, and Grenades and Horseshoes. I am more than happy with that.

I think its just the dark blue ones. the ones where you have to wait forever

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
High enough to survive with a full group of us :)

Add me on PSN @ th3dude119 and we'll try to group up sometime.

You can also get to level 30+ pretty easily with vendor gear now.

Cool I'll add you! And yeah I am leveling quickly, I was 24 last night. I juuuust started playing again, been off since right after launch, so I may be a few levels higher by the time we get around to it anyway.

rNilla

I want my weekly treasure key from a Queens Wrath bounty... does it matter which one I do?

There are the dark blue and the light blue ones... any difference?

Light blue is go into a certain instance and kill a specific enemy, dark blue is wait for a Prowling Wolves event and kill the boss in a specific area. Light blue is generally faster / easier.

ocean

Banned
Luke Smith on forum posters as "harsh" - more insults? C'mon...

https://youtu.be/YZnbqVeWb2Y?t=10m50s

BTW this is totally a joke. His answer was extremely cool, but I thought about making a joke on how negatively everything is being spun and then realized a lot of people would actually take it seriously and take offense :p

cant read this thread anymore at work. I audibly giggle when I see your avatar

I think its just the dark blue ones. the ones where you have to wait forever

Light blue is go into a certain instance and kill a specific enemy, dark blue is wait for a Prowling Wolves event and kill the boss in a specific area. Light blue is generally faster / easier.

Word, thanks. Guess I'll do the Skywatch one...

Still thinking about reforging my Party Crasher... decisions, decisions...

Field Choke, Shot Package, Rifled Barrel, Battle Runner...

Suggestions all (before I burn a bunch of glimmer)?

ocean

Banned

Not worth it. You're at the shotgun range cap + shot package and Battle Runner which isn't a bad perk. The best you could do is get Aggressive instead of FC, but it's just 10% more damage. Keep this one and play around with a dupe of you get one later.

Does anyone know who/what 'The Harbingers' is/are?

As far as i know it's a green RL :p

Ghost Fragment: Fallen 4

This happens long ago, but not too long to matter.

Ceres rules the Asteroid Belt. Ceres is the white queen of this space, four hundred million kilometers from the Sun. Ceres is round. Round means power, out here: nothing else in the Belt is big enough to crush itself into a sphere with its own gravity. Ceres has its own chemical stars. Shavings of salt and ice that glint in orbit. Like a crown.

There are other lights, newer stars, newer crowns. Warship engines. Another queen is coming to conquer Ceres, because Ceres is full of warrens and shipyards and habitats, because Ceres is round and lucky as a Servitor. Because Ceres is full of the Wolves she wants to rule.

Shark-fierce ships gather in squadrons and tribes. Skiffs. Ketches. The Kell of Wolves has a fleet gathered here. The Kell of Wolves heard the call, and summoned the House of Wolves to prepare for the great battle on Earth. The salvation of the Kell's people depends on their ability to shatter the City. It's a matter of survival.

Now the Wolf fleet turns to meet the Queen.

See the squadrons of Skiffs wrapping themselves in stealth, cold and transparent, knifing out invisible and brave? See the Ketches like broad blades, the bright thoughts of a Servitor guiding them to battle? See them turning, accelerating, waking up their jammers and their arc guns? All doomed. The Kell of Wolves will never make it to the Twilight Gap. The Kell of Wolves put all that strength in one place, and now the Queen of the Reef is coming to break it.

Out there, coming out of the dark, are the Awoken. Not so great a fleet, is it? Little fighters scattered around like four-pointed thorns. Destroyers and frigates and salvaged hulls pulled out of the Reef. And right at the front, at the speartip, flies the Queen.

The Wolf Kell, practical, brave, tallies strength of metal and equipment. The Kell considers the chance that the Awoken have some secret weapon, something gleaned from hulks in the Reef or whispered up by the witches, and sets that chance aside. The Kell thinks the House of Wolves can win decisively. So the Kell sends challenge and warning. I AM LORD OF WOLVES, the Kell sends. YOU ARE AN EMPTY THING WITH TWO DEAD SOULS. THIS IS MY HOUSE. THESE ARE MY TERMS. SURRENDER AND I WILL ONLY TAKE YOUR SHIPS.

The Awoken fleet cuts their engines. Drifts. Wolf strike elements, torpedo-armed Skiffs hidden under jamming and camouflage, find their firing solutions.

The Queen's ship broadcasts. I AM NOBLE TOO, she says, OH LORD OF WOLVES.

The Kell doesn't mind a little banter before the kill. It gives the Wolf ships longer to draw the battle away from Ceres. The Kell replies. YOU HAVE NO LINE. YOU HAVE NO POWER. Captains and Barons signal their readiness, Skolas and Pirsis and Irxis, Drevis, Peekis, Parixas, all of them bound by fear and loyalty, all ready for war.

STARLIGHT WAS MY MOTHER. The Queen's ship whispers in eerie erratic radio bursts. Servitors begin to report a strange taste in the void. AND MY FATHER WAS THE DARK.

Here, at last, too late, the Kell begins to feel fear. CALL ON THEM, THEN, the Kell sends, one last mocking signal before death and ruin, AND SEE WHAT HELP THEY OFFER.

So the Queen calls, as only she can. Every Servitor in every Ketch hears it. Every Captain and Baron roars at their underlings as sensors go blind, as firing solutions falter, as reactors stutter and power systems hum with induction. Stealth fails. Space warps. The House of Wolves shouts in spikes of war-code, maneuvers wild, fires blind.

Behind the Queen's ship, the Harbingers awaken.

I have a very similar roll on a Matador 64 and I really like it. I only wish the Battle Runner effect lasted a little longer.

vctor182

Do you have a spare shotgun? Like a Matador or Fellwinters? If so do it, or else everytime you use the gun you will wonder if it will be better with the right perks. My party crasher has Agressive ballistics, rifled barrel, army of one but rangefinder instead of shot package.

GutZ31

Luke Smith on forum posters as "harsh" - more insults? C'mon...

https://youtu.be/YZnbqVeWb2Y?t=10m50s

BTW this is totally a joke. His answer was extremely cool, but I thought about making a joke on how negatively everything is being spun and then realized a lot of people would actually take it seriously and take offense :p

Soccer-push-flop-reaction.gif

My reaction.

Not worth it. You're at the shotgun range cap + shot package and Battle Runner which isn't a bad perk. The best you could do is get Aggressive instead of FC, but it's just 10% more damage. Keep this one and play around with a dupe of you get one later.

I have a very similar roll on a Matador 64 and I really like it. I only wish the Battle Runner effect lasted a little longer.

Do you have a spare shotgun? Like a Matador or Fellwinters? If so do it, or else everytime you use the gun you will wonder if it will be better with the right perks. My party crasher has Agressive ballistics, rifled barrel, army of one but rangefinder instead of shot package.

OK, thanks guys. I don't have a dupe or another tier 1 shotgun so it's this or nothing right now. I think I'll stick with it until I can get something else to play around with. It's been doing pretty well for me in PvP even though I've only just unlocked shot package.

Rtas

Anyone up for helping a 33 warlock through 34 POE on XB1 and perhaps the 35 after I use the etheric light to hit 34. Anyone?

My Matador 64 has Shot Package, Smallbore, and Battle Runner. It also has Accurized and Aggressive Ballistics. How would I know if I'm already maxxed out on range? I have set it to Aggressive Ballistics currently. Which would you use?

When I hover over the Accurized it does show a slight range increase:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zues3g4nrv841x7/Screenshot 2015-06-25 18.28.57.png?dl=0

Frenden

Banned
My Matador 64 has Shot Package, Smallbore, and Battle Runner. It also has Accurized and Aggressive Ballistics. How would I know if I'm already maxxed out on range? I have set it to Aggressive Ballistics currently. Which would you use?

When I hover over the Accurized it does show a slight range increase:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zues3g4nrv841x7/Screenshot 2015-06-25 18.28.57.png?dl=0
Aggressive.

Ideal roll:

Aggressive, Shot Package, +Range (Reinforced, Rifled Barrel), whatever for fourth.

Edit: Small Bore doesn't max range.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Any Xboners want to do a 32 PoE? I'm drunk so I don't think I'm capable of soloing this like I usually do.

yeah I need to do one

GT is purg3

trying to level up haven't had a chance to play much lately right now I'm at 33

GutZ31

Does anyone know who/what 'The Harbingers' is/are?

As far as i know it's a green RL :p

Probably something similar to the warminds, but could be similar to a mobile super brain.

Just a guess.
The grimoire tend to be hard to piece together, and lacking info between 2 or 3 related cards.
I am sure this is done on purpose, but makes it hard to get the full story on a lot of the... story.

After the second beep/octive change, it's at max damage. No reason to hold it down longer than that.

I never even knew about the first bleep nvm the second one :p

Probably something similar to the warminds, but could be similar to a mobile super brain.

Just a guess.
The grimoire tend to be hard to piece together, and lacking info between 2 or 3 related cards.
I am sure this is done on purpose, but makes it hard to get the full story on a lot of the... story.

Hmmm possibly. That was my first thought too. But it doesn't make sense. There's a lot which is missing :/

I also seem to be getting the feeling so far in my reading that:

- The Fallen aren't actually the enemy.(The Kings are playing a game, they didn't give up to Skolas. The 2 barons were sent to kill Skolas at that meeting. No-one knows who the Kell of the Kings is.)
- The Awoken are up to something in the background. (The Queen can speak to Hive Witches or Witches in general)
- The Guardians (or the people who took the Tower) are guarding a major weapon (Rasputin?)
- Rasputin defended us during the collapse, but now, he isn't communicating with us. Has his AI found out somethign which will turn him against us?
- The Speaker is shady as fuck.

We should have a seperate Lore thread on GAF discussing the info found in grimiore to try and piece things together. I know Reddit has a similar thing going though :I

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think mics are needed for POE unless it's Skolas and even then you can still get by.

Just join up on me. I'm going to go ham. Trying to do 3x 32 - 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom