• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Do people here charge real world cash for trips to mercury?

Yes actually. Well not people on GAF but One player on twitch made $4000 the first week ToO was out but I forgot who. Also one or two of the top ten ToO players on Playstation directly require PayPal donations in exchange for trips to Mercury on their twitch stream. But most of them do it for free based on a random raffle but are at the same time happy to get donations and have paypal already set up for it.

Ca$h-4-$kola$

KxRHHuE.jpg

That's gross and crazy because if your the next player to pick up the essence and you die before you grab it then your down to one player left and it can really slow down the fight and potentially cause wipes. Also Skolas is not that hard.

Agent

Got the third and final weapon, Dregs Promise. Well, at least I'll have a new toy to get sidearm kills with for grimore.

th3dude

Speaking of, I've never done VoG and would love to see it if anyone is interested, I'm level 26 so not sure if high enough yet.

High enough to survive with a full group of us :)

Add me on PSN @ th3dude119 and we'll try to group up sometime.

You can also get to level 30+ pretty easily with vendor gear now.

I used to think arc blade was the most op super and should probably be nerfed. As I've gotten better at the game I realize that is incorrect.

I also wish each class got bonus perks for specific weapons. It would make shit a lot more interesting.

Ryuuga

Banned
So it's Thursday were we supposed to hear something from the team? Or was that regarding the update they put out yesterday?

It's fine, I am apparently the only one on the forum who doesn't see any issue with someone offering to help people through content for money. I thought the anger and mocking was meant for the people paying for said service (git gud or whatever), but Trials showed me I was wrong. I just fail to see the reason for people who will never be affected to react the way they do.

I guess I just see it as taking advantage of the less fortunate.

What's so bad about doing the same thing for free? Why does real world money have to be involved?

My comment was just made in jest, it's not like I'm going to actually interfere with any of their process. I just lose a little (not a lot) respect for people who charge when they could simply offer.

I guess it comes back to why the person making the offer is even playing the game. Is s/he playing it for fun, or playing it as a job.

hey we are at Skolas 35 and we have a lot of problems. we have handcanons equiped one guy has maxed truth i have no good RL. anyone wants to carry us? we are nice and follow orders.

I guess I just see it as taking advantage of the less fortunate.

What's so bad about doing the same thing for free? Why does real world money have to be involved?

My comment was just made in jest, it's not like I'm going to actually interfere with any of their process. I just lose a little (not a lot) respect for people who charge when they could simply offer.

I guess it comes back to why the person making the offer is even playing the game. Is s/he playing it for fun, or playing it as a job.

I can see doing it as opening up a lot of potential avenues of abuse, but I would just assume that whoever is paying for the service would see it as worth whatever the amount is. Now I'd be curious to know how many people pay for services like that and regret it afterward.

Deku Tree

I don't have a problem with people charging money for or paying for carries in Video games.

But I think it defeats the whole purpose of playing a single player video game.

EL CUCO

My TTK shirt has arrived :D

Also got my wife the House of Judgment tank top, and my kids Jade Rabbit and 8 bit little Guardians shirt.

Wife can't say I only blow money on myself.

ocean

Banned
hey we are at Skolas 35 and we have a lot of problems. we have handcanons equiped one guy has maxed truth i have no good RL. anyone wants to carry us? we are nice and follow orders.

Remember there's no checkpoints. If you have a full team, whoever backs out to let someone here go help would not be able to get anything.

I'll give you some pointers though. Small Arms is a tricky modifier because it boosts your Primary Weapon damage, but actually reduces the damage from your Special and Heavy Weapons. This is bad because it means your shotguns won't kill Captains quickly enough, and your rockets won't damage Skolas as much as they should.

The key to this fight is staying alive. There's no rush. The fight is broken up into 4 moments.

The very beginning has the transparent Servitors you need to kill in order to harm Skolas. This will only be required for the first 25% of his health (you'll know because it'll say Servitor Bonds are broken or something like that). Before tackling Skolas, you need to clean up ads! Entering the room run left and do your work from that platform. Then rotate to the other side of the room, clean up from that platform.

You wanna keep moving around the room to avoid being swarmed. Whenever Skolas is too close to you, it's time to run to the other side of the room. Clean up ads, kill Servitor, damage Skolas. Nice and easy.

Once you break the Servitor bonds (Skolas is now at 75%) get ready for a big wave of ads. Get safe. Forget Skolas for a while and just kill Vandals, Dregs and Captains. When you feel it's too swarmed, run to the other side.

Once things calm down, you hurt Skolas with whatever you have. Normally Snipers are the best because they stagger him, but with Small Arms there's no good way of damaging him quickly. Just damage him with whatever you have until he comes too close, then run away and repeat.

Once he's at 50%, the fight gets interesting. 2 things will happen: one person gets randomly debuffed and mines will spawn, along with a new wave of ads. This is where you will wipe most of the time. It takes 10s for one person to cap a mine (less if there's multiple people capping a mine). If you get there alone and the counter is at 8 seconds, that'll be a wipe.

What you need to balance here is getting there on time versus killing as many enemies as you can before you go. Invisible Hunters and Titan Bubbles are MVP here. It's extremely important you work on ads constantly. Once mines phase is done, clean up any remaining enemies then hammer Skolas.

Once you get him down to 25%, same thing as 50%. Mines + wave of ads. If you get through that, you basically won. After mines the second time just play it super safe and damage Skolas, running away when he's close or there's a Captain nearby who can one-shot you.

It's a fun fight that gets super tense when you need to run to get a clutch revive + the revived person picking up the debuff just in the nick of time, to then run the hell away before you get killed on the spot. It just requires your team to be working well together! It's not something that depends on specific weapons or armor at all :)

Lnkn52

My TTK shirt has arrived :D

Also got my wife the House of Judgment tank top, and my kids Jade Rabbit and 8 bit little Guardians shirt.

Wife can't say I only blow money on myself.
Your wife must have said you were CUCO when you made those purchases, and now even more CUCO to probably make them wear it.

I want my weekly treasure key from a Queens Wrath bounty... does it matter which one I do?

There are the dark blue and the light blue ones... any difference?

Also, just rolled a Radegast's Fury with Hard Launch, Tripod, Heavy Payload, and Grenades and Horseshoes. I am more than happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom