• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Deej, “Year One players won’t get the same perks as people who buy a collector’s edition. They’ll get something better. Tune into the Weekly Update for more.”

Still waiting to see how a shader, an emblem and a sparrow are better than 3 emotes that you literally can't get any other way ever.

Wait. I got it. The Year One is free, not a ridiculous $20.

I think that might have actually been it.

True, but DeeJ did mention they'd detail the Year 1 VIP package this week, which didn't pan out.

Oh well!

Yeah yesterday's update made it sound like there was going to be some details about the VIP stuff that just wasn't really there. Unless that sparrow and shader or whatever is it (no complaints, I'm happy to get those items), it just sounded like there would be more

Rtas

Goddamn crucible, why is it all slide shotgun to win, or spam Last word. Its ridiculous to me that I can get the drop on someone, shoot them several times maybe even punch them, to die from 3 shots from that damn HC

Onto the Hive now, this is interesting.

Transcribed from a stolen copy of the journals of Toland, the Shattered (unverified by any crypto-archeologist)

If your Light is strong enough to hear across the soundless plains, you may have heard their screams.

What may seem like a void between their shrieks, holds, what I believe to be yet another clue to their origins. In one tone the Hive plea to their gods, but in the next, they whisper to another.

Perhaps it is here which holds the answer to their ultimate demise, or a bridge to their desires. In my studies, I still struggle to match the tones to their rune system. If only Crytparch Adonna were still with us. No one has yet to match her adept.

Four sounds, oft repeated, but only four. Though I am on the trail of a fifth, faintly heard from the buzz that once spilled from the Shrine—

Eir.

Ur.

Xol.

Yul.

It is in these sounds that I fear yet another Hive secret hides. Perhaps beyond their gods, perhaps in accord with them. Perhaps these are just Hive translations of worlds we call another name, but I believe above all things they call to some kind of being. Beings that once lived, or still live somewhere buried amongst us. Beings the Hive perhaps owe their very existence to.

I am hoping the Warminds may hold further answers—that they can see into worlds where we can only see what lies upon them. The treasure of knowledge they promise still remains the most sought after of any Guardian. Whoever can find a way past their firewalls of ancient arts, and make them the allies they once were, could spare us further atrocities. And though Rasputin offers some promise, one can only hope its silence is self-defense, that it seeks only to preserve itself. We have to prove to it that we are on its side, but I am starting to doubt that is absolutely true. That maybe the Hive or the Darkness itself now have a grasp on his systems.

But then again, I am an old man with many fears, and in those fears , often called madness, I will continue to dwell.

I decided to do some googling of the following as they rung a bell.

- Eir.
- Ur.
- Xol.
- Yul.

Sure enough i found info on them all. The names show up in many places however the main one for me is 'The Sword of Crota' mission.

The 4 Swarm Princes are:

■ Banuk, Ur Prince
■ Dakoor, Yul Prince
■ Garok, Xol Prince
■ Merok, Eir Prince

If Oryx is the 'boss' who are Eir, Ur, Xol and Yul? These knights are mearly their 'Princes'

Yeah yesterday's update made it sound like there was going to be some details about the VIP stuff that just wasn't really there. Unless that sparrow and shader or whatever is it (no complaints, I'm happy to get those items), it just sounded like there would be more

Have you tried throwing money at the screen? I heard that unlocks the real update.

If those items are what we get for VIP status, so be it. Looks cool enough, just wish they wouldn't hype up expectations for that.

X-Frame

Why are there so many avatars with glowing eyes
and how can I get one?!

Though that may be difficult with my sun-glasses ..

ethomaz

Banned
Are they kidding?

Ever since we put the new functionality into effect, 4.8 million Guardians have been rescued from being kicked to orbit.

I got kicked to the Orbit since last maintenance than I ever got before it since launch lol.

Are they kidding?

I got kicked to the Orbit since last maintenance than I ever got before it since launch lol.

They are not, I've seen 'contacting destiny servers' a few times on a black screen while in a game and then didn't get disconnected. Whatever they did, it works. Obviously sometimes you will get kicked.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
whats a better pvp perk for the matador 64? Shot package or Range finder?

I currently have range finder but I've seen streamers one shot people from waaay further than I can. They using shot package? Not sure what else it would be.

They are not, I've seen 'contacting destiny servers' a few times on a black screen while in a game and then didn't get disconnected. Whatever they did, it works. Obviously sometimes you will get kicked.

I have seen that shit on a regular basis since the Alpha. Havent noticed a meaningful difference in occasions it kicks me to orbit, but it usually doesn't. I just see a lot of lag.

noomi

Man.. That matador just won't drop for me.

Everyday I play 5+ crucible matches and I see it drop all the time.

Why not me?!

Man.. That matador just won't drop for me.

Everyday I play 5+ crucible matches and I see it drop all the time.

Why not me?!

I know the feeling. I get Party Crasher all the time, but no Matador. PC certainly holds its own, but Matador is just a step above.

noomi

Do you have a Party Crasher+1? If yes, stick to it...it's better :p

I do... Is it better? I thought the matador had slightly more impact while the party crashes had slightly more RoF.

What I really wanna know is if you're gonna get a 3d printed matador once it drops...

Lol. If I can convince my bro in law, sure! :p

I know the feeling. I get Party Crasher all the time, but no Matador. PC certainly holds its own, but Matador is just a step above.

Same here! I must have had 4 or 5 party crasher drops already. Would also like a low grade humility one day.

EL CUCO

Ash factory got.

One problem though: I already have 2 Exodus plans, 2 Radegast furys, and plan on snatching me a few Tomorrow's Answers during Trials this weekend.

The Ash Factory is green, though! That alone makes it worthy to keep around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom