• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a legendary edition for $60. It's Destiny + exp 1 + exp 2 + Taken King but I'm not sure if there's a digital version.

That's the one you want if you're not interested in all the collectors stuff. For brand new players that's actually a good deal. I'm not sure if there's still a free trial version to get a feel for the gameplay, that's what got me hooked originally.

It looks like if I want to play the game now while getting all the stuff and Taken King, my only option is the digital CE on PSN. There is no digital Legendary Edition. So, I've got to pay $20 extra for the ability to play it now and whatever other bonuses there are.

I played the demo and it was fun, I just couldn't get over the lack of voice chat and it seemed light on content, so I cancelled my pre-order of the game and expansion pass. Seems like it's a decent deal to get into it now.

ocean

Banned
Wow, Red Death actually packs a punch. I'm so used to low impact pulse rifles. Me like.

It's got great range, stability and impact. 2 headshot kill. And the health regen if you get the kill is amazing in Heroic Crota or against Thorn users. Top tier weapon.

I love my matador, but I've been getting better results with Party Crasher+1.

The faster RoF makes a difference when both you the other guy miss a shot.

See, I had my party crasher first, and I kept noticing that I wasn't getting the kills I was used to getting with my Felwinter. I'd lose a lot of fights and leave the other guy with <15 hp.

Rate of Fire is good, but the idea is the kill with 1 shot anyway, not 2.

Ugh Black Shield

Edit: Without playing just yet, I probably would've preferred Anomaly . Gonna be one team camping inside watching doors while the other hangs around outside.

Daemul

Is the pricing at least more in line with being appropriate over there?

I've been trying to wrap my head around this stuff over the past two weeks while simultaneously trying to avoid the shit storm.

Retail releases in the UK usually get listed at the MSRP of £55 when they first become available for sale, before an ensuing price war, usually initiated by Amazon and Gameseek, continuously drives down the price of a retail game down to around £40 at the time of it's release, so it's very likely that the Legendary Edition is going to be sold for the same price as the standalone TTK add on will be come the 15th of September.

It's very close already, you can buy the Legendary Edition for £42 here: Destiny Legendary Edition £42

Destiny Base Game + TDB + HoW is worth £1.95 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom