• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I have this right...

if you're getting 9 coins (3 x 3 losses) at minimum, does it make any sense NOT to get all the buffs from brother Vance?

Why wouldn't you?

Or are people not getting coins for every single loss?

Deku Tree

New trials drops on lose...

1st 3 Passage Coins
2nd 3 Passage Coins
3rd 3 Passage Coins

lol

At least now there is some reward for lose.

if you're getting 9 coins (3 x 3 losses) at minimum, does it make any sense NOT to get all the buffs from brother Vance?

Why wouldn't you?

Or are people not getting coins for every single loss?

I'm not sure do you really get 3 coins for every single time you lose?

Why wouldn't you?

There is no point of holding back your coins now so since its "easier" to get to the lighthouse.

I'm not sure do you really get 3 coins for every single time you lose?

Not quaranted coins drops but drops pretty often like 3 of 5 matches and the drops variates to 1-4.

Sorry Darryl.

Better luck next time :p.

PS. Don't say to me we broke your flawless :(

I see somebody getting 2 but I just got 3.

It was our very first match playing together. We felt bad after dominating that first round so we threw the match. Had to make it look real though.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Any potential raid group I could join? I might have a friend join me as well. I'm a 34 Titan (I use Bubs for raids) and my buddy is a 34 Warlock.

Not for right now, just in general. My group hasn't gotten together for a raid in a long time and I really want to do them again.

Finally hit 20 on my Playstation character just for shits and giggles.

How do you guys play with that controller? I know there's a large degree to which it's "Whatever you are used to", but the controller just feels so much less ergonomic for a shooter. The hand positioning and finger positioning aren't just different, they feel suboptimal.

Idk, hard to describe, but after years of using an Xbox controller it just weirds me out.

LiK

How do you guys play with that controller? I know there's a large degree to which it's "Whatever you are used to", but the controller just feels so much less ergonomic for a shooter. The hand positioning and finger positioning aren't just different, they feel suboptimal.

Idk, hard to describe, but after years of using an Xbox controller it just weirds me out.

Feels fine. The stiffer analog stick feels better for me as well compared to the X1.

DS4 feels great to me. The stick is more stiff and feels way better.

I don't really understand the argument at all TBH. your left thumb never leaves the stick anyways. The right hand is pretty much in the same place on both controllers.

MrS

Banned
New trials drops on lose...

1st 3 Passage Coins
2nd 3 Passage Coins
3rd 3 Passage Coins

lol

At least now there is some reward for lose.
Good news for the skrubs ITT
jk

Never played the Phobos map before. What's the consensus? Good or bad? Good for shottys or snipers?

Congrats to Jinjo for finally bagging the Red Death also

I am ready.

tuHVqW6.jpg

I saw this post and went to go buy a Nightstalker shirt. Nope! Sold out in my size.

ethomaz

Banned
Good news for the skrubs ITT
jk

Never played the Phobos map before. What's the consensus? Good or bad? Good for shottys or snipers?

Congrats to Jinjo for finally bagging the Red Death also
To me the best trials map I played.

MrS

Banned

I believe Sony actually took feedback from devs to improve the design of the DS4 for FPS/shooters.

Even this one dev you're familiar with had some feedback to give.

http://www.destructoid.com/bungie-helped-sony-design-the-ps4-controller-276855.phtml

Langy

Might aswell give trials a bash, anyone need 1 more or wanna group up and give it a whirl? Would like to get the boots but hey ho you never know...psn Langoit

Frenden

Banned
I leveled up the Greaves. This is the first time I've tried a shoulder charge build since switching to Jumper from Puppeteer.

It finally clicks. Shoulder charging all the things on low level stuff like Dragon strikes is super fun. The mobility of the Titan was kinda lost to me on Puppeteer.

I can see myself giving the class more of my time.

Karl2177

Any potential raid group I could join? I might have a friend join me as well. I'm a 34 Titan (I use Bubs for raids) and my buddy is a 34 Warlock.

Not for right now, just in general. My group hasn't gotten together for a raid in a long time and I really want to do them again.
Are you asking for yuhas?

LiK

"Smith: We’re not talking about the number of story missions. It’s really hard to quantify that."

What a weird answer.

Overall that interview was just a whole lot of nothing. To be expected, though. They're clearly trying to drip feed us with TTK info over the next few months.

It's the same strategy they used for the game since day one. In the end, TTK will have an underwhelming "story" campaign again. They can only bullshit us for so long.

Deku Tree

On Future Leveling Systems

Schreier: Obviously you yourself admitted that the Radiant Shard thing—there have been mistakes there. Is the future gonna look more like the Etheric Light system?

Smith: So, yeah, this is one of those things that I really want to talk about, badly. And I know because it’s the thing that gives players, in their heart, it’s the thing that’s like ‘No, I love my character, tell me how you’re gonna let me play it!’ We’re not talking about this. Seriously, we have a whole summer to talk about this. I care a ton about this stuff. I think that if you look back to my recklessness on NeoGAF, sure, looking at those things, like the Etheric Light occupies a really interesting place in the player economy, where it says ‘year one’ and we’re beginning year two, so there’s some expectation management that we’re setting there. But what it enables to me that’s really exciting is when you look at these three characters on the wall, that armor looks badass. It looks beautiful.

Schreier: Really cool.

Smith: If that’s the way your character wants to look, we want systems that enable that type of player expression and creativity going into Year 2. While we’re not going into specifics today, I’m really excited to sit down and have the conversation and for you guys to tell us if we screwed up.

Deku Tree

Schreier: One of the problems we’ve been running into is that even though there are all these cool new weapons being added in House of Wolves and beyond, we’re just sticking to our old Gjallarhorns and Fatebringers. How do you plan to address that sort of thing, where people are just attached to those old weapons: are they going to be able to keep getting more powerful as time goes on? Is there going to be a cap on that stuff?

I don't understand why people are complaining about this... Why is this a problem? Why are people begging for Bungie to make our old guns irrelevant again? Plz stop.

Guess he got some backlash for that at the office.

I don't understand why people are complaining about this... Why is this a problem? Why are people begging for Bungie to make our old guns irrelevant again? Plz stop.

People are afraid of power creep.

People thought PvP was a nightmare with Felwinter's lie flooding the place, and now here we have 2 shotguns that are EVEN BETTER than the monster before them.

People think it would be easier for Bungie to do a "hard reset" on all gear and start from scratch, because they don't trust them to introduce a bunch of new stuff that falls in line with the old stuff.

Simonnnnn

Just come up against a team with final round snipers, could hear them firing them at the start of each round. To say I'm a bit bitter about losing that game is an understatement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom