• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That first game...

hNUWB44.jpg

Second game, could not believe it lol

FU4BXLd.jpg

Waste of an interview really.

Schreier does nothing but pander to devs from what i've read of his article. He's a self - confessed Bungie/Destiny fan, which is fine, we're all fans of the game but we're not blind, however he doesn't ask the questions that need to be asked because he doesn't want to upset the apple cart.

Maybe a bit harsh, but the criticism is merited imo.

Lnkn52

Bungie has been holding back from talking about Destiny's future from what seems to be for a while now. Not shocking but disappointing but it makes it easier for them not to over hype.

It's the Traveler all over again.

Hyun Sai

LOL ! It's really hard to quantify the number of mission ?

You can bet all the "we won't talk about" is just negative stuff, and they need those preorders.

Deku Tree

it killed weapon variety in HoT.

Nah there is more weapon variety than ever in HoW. Keeping old weapons relevant only increases variety.

If I had to keep grinding Skolas to be able to use 365 elemental primaries with shank burn I probably would have quit. I don't want my elemental primaries grind progress reset three times a year. Not interested in it.

Bungie has been holding back from talking about Destiny's future from what seems to be for a while now. Not shocking but disappointing but it makes it easier for them not to over hype.

It's the Traveler all over again.

To be fair, I would bet all the specific details like that are still being nailed down and are moving targets and could change or be excised at any moment. Kind of like how press were mentioning the Taken King demo had stuff in it like re-rolling your armor that's not guaranteed to be in the final version.

Mindlog

I don't understand why people are complaining about this... Why is this a problem? Why are people begging for Bungie to make our old guns irrelevant again? Plz stop.
I agree completely.
The problem is that there are a lot of champions to the loot design paradigm. Look at the thread in OT and how many people propose that Destiny is just a Skinner Box. I don't play this game for loot. Sure PoE drops suck, but that's not my biggest problem with that area. Loot is secondary to interesting mechanics. I'm not going to stop playing when I get the drop I want. I want drops so I can use them! Give me more interesting things to shoot and more interesting environments to shoot them in.

I would also like to avoid power creep. However, the solution isn't taking away my Fatebringer just to bring it back again. My character suffering from inventory amnesia from game to game would be weird.

zewone

Black Shield?

Gross. That room with automatic doors that tells you which door is opening is going to be the perfect place for teams to camp.

Garbage week. May skip.

rNilla

I don't understand why people are complaining about this... Why is this a problem? Why are people begging for Bungie to make our old guns irrelevant again? Plz stop.

Using the same weapons for the next 9 years will be boring. There need to be viable successors for the old stuff instead of new weapons that aren't as good and ultimately won't be used.

eneko

Hey everyone! I'm thinking about coming back to Destiny. I last played before the first expansion came out. Will I have a hard time finding people to do The Dark Below content? or even the weekly strike/nightfall? Keep in mind I'm only level 28. Don't really want to be an anchor and get carried through the weeklies.

Hyun Sai

Nah there is more weapon variety than ever in HoW. Keeping old weapons relevant only increases variety.

If I had to keep grinding Skolas to be able to use 365 electable primaries with shank burn I probably would have quit. I don't want my elemental primaries grind progress reset three times a year. Not interested in it.

This. Right now I'm using a set of weapons of every extension. Fatebringer, VoC, Fang of Ir Ut, Word of Crota, Hunger of Crota, Shadow Veils, Queen's sniper and shotgun, LDR, This Variks void Machine Gun...

Variety is good. Skolas weapons are already crappy and drop at an abysmal rate, I would also have quit if they made the previous weapons irrelevant.

Deku Tree

Smith: One of our opportunities for potential improvement is how do we reward players moving forward? How do we reward the types of things you’re gonna do—like, the Trials of Osiris weapons, to pick on them, they’re very powerful from getting to Mercury, and they’re not super powerful in that you don’t need a damage type for PVP, you don’t need an elemental damage. So we dangled this carrot in front of players that has led to players having to go outside of their comfort zone to do this thing that’s a very hardcore PVP activity and you know, we’re learning a lot of lessons from the way that we’re itemizing things.

So moving forward I think we’re gonna be much more sensitive to that. Imagining what a PVP player really cares about—that killer player archetype—it’s about showing off what’s the thing that you see on me that doesn’t necessarily make me more powerful but makes you like ‘oh my gosh that dude’s been to Mercury’—what is that, what are those experiences? And that’s the sort of stuff that we’ve gotta continue to think about as we go on.

Translation: putting elemental primaries on Mercury was probably a mistake.

Ideally they wouldn't make them irrelevant, they would complement them and be viable alternatives. People want a reason to use other guns without feeling like they're consciously handicapping themselves.

If I had to keep grinding Skolas to be able to use 365 elemental primaries with shank burn I probably would have quit. I don't want my elemental primaries grind progress reset three times a year. Not interested in it.

I second this. I'm getting tired of the question as well, and they all seem to be asking it. Does Bungie give them a list of PR questions or something? I don't think any real player is asking "Luke, I'm really tired of Fatebringer, could you please make it irrelevant?"

If you want me to put it away, give me a better gun, don't force it.

Deku Tree

Schreier: In PVE, something that’s frustrated us a lot is that sometimes to ramp the difficulty up instead of adding new encounters or challenges, you guys just raise the level cap higher than players can get. That happened with Crota on hard and it happened with Prison of Elders—is that something you guys are going to continue to do? Is it something you saw as a temporary solution?

Smith: I think that we’re not gonna talk too much about difficulty today, but I will say that I empathize completely with those concerns and the level delta stuff has been a source of controversy and discussion internally. And when we unpack the way the game’s gonna work later this year I hope that people see that we’re learning and reacting to those criticisms.

This is really good news. I hope you moved away from the artificial under leveled type of difficulty Bungie!

Lothars

Ideally they wouldn't make them irrelevant, they would complement them and be viable alternatives. People want a reason to use other guns without feeling like they're consciously handicapping themselves.
There is viable alternatives, Now I think the biggest issue with House of wolves is the lack of access to PVE players to the elemental primaries but I find myself using different weapons all the time than I use to.

Far from.

Having PVP rewards worth going after was a great idea.

PVP players aren't solely playing PVP. They need elemental weapons.
Yeah I don't think it's a bad thing at all, I just wish there was an alternate way to get elemental's for PVE players. I barely want to play Skolas as it is and It doesn't need to be a guarenteed drop from skolas but it feels like he should be able to drop them more than he is since they almost never drop.

its almost killed the game for me. I don't care about running nightfalls for armor when I am already 34 and have almost every exotic. The new stuff isn't going to replace me old stuff so whats the point.

its definitely a problem.

Deku Tree

its almost killed the game for me. I don't care about running nightfalls for armor when I am already 34 and have almost every exotic. The new stuff isn't going to replace me old stuff so whats the point.

I guess I play for different reasons. Yeah I like to get loot but I play because it's fun. Bungie should give us things to chase absolutely but I don't want my elemental primary grind progress reset three times a year or at all. It's Bungie's job to give us things to chase without these frequent rare loot resets.

|OT| House Divided

We must play for different reasons. I'd much rather play for no gun than for a less fun gun that just has a better damage rating but weaker perks. I want to use the guns that I worked hard to get and just have fun killing shit with them. Give me puzzles and other challenges (Like ToO) to keep me playing.

The PoE guns are in most cases worse than vendor guns since they trade the second perk for shank burn and whatnot.

|OT| House Divided

We must play for different reasons. I'd much rather play for no gun than for a less fun gun that just has a better damage rating but weaker perks. I want to use the guns that I worked hard to get and just have fun killing shit with them. Give me puzzles and other challenges (Like ToO) to keep me playing.

The PoE guns are in most cases worse than vendor guns since they trade the second perk for shank burn and whatnot.

If you squint a little, that perk says Skank Bum. Makes it worth having.

Personally keeping the weapons i've earned relevent is a big deal.

They said that you'd be building a story with your weapons, they would mean something. I don't want my story with them cut short.

In PvE pretty much all the weapons are viable which have elemental perks. Maybe they should make non-elemental weapons have better base stats or limit certain perks to non-elemental weapons. That way it puts you in a position to choose.

Apt101

I should really learn more about the games I play. All this time I thought PoE was some kind of raid I needed a pre-made group for :/

Anyways, did my first PoE and got my first exotic weapon, Truth. Now I need to level this and also my old Murmur, which seems like it will be fantastic once I upgrade the damage several times. At something like 283 damage it hits weakly but does the trick when I need it, against fire shields.

Hopefully I get an etheric light or two before i see Xur. I have enough strange coins now to ascend my Apotheosis Veil and and have 9 to spare. So I want more prior to the weekend so I can also maybe pick up something else. If all goes as I hope I should jump from level 31 to 34 by the end of the weekend.

ethomaz

Banned
I've got at least 13 Skolas kills and two drops. A void pulse and a solar scout.

Just because you've been lucky doesn't mean the drop rates aren't horrible.
I know... I'm just kidding.

BTW 3 drops were the same Arc PR plus the others were the Void AR and Solar Scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom