• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

There is no point of holding back your coins now so since its "easier" to get to the lighthouse.

Wait, what'd I miss? Why's it easier to get to the lighthouse? I feel like those quotation marks mean "it's not really easier to get to the lighthouse".

I don't think I was asking him to make old weapons irrelevant as much as I was asking how he's going to make players want to use new weapons at all given that the old ones are still so good. Personally, I want to use my Vex forever, but I'd love it if something else came along that I can enjoy just as much.

Ha, I'll have to take some more time and fully digest the interview. I was going off of the part that Deku quoted:

"...are they going to be able to keep getting more powerful as time goes on? Is there going to be a cap on that stuff?"

This has come up in most interviews in one way or another, and from what I recall, it feels like Luke may be trying to ease us into the idea that there may indeed be a cap come year 2. A cap would force irrelevance. Instead of just a natural progression of fantastic guns. I really hope that I'm just getting the wrong impression, and will give Luke the benefit of the doubt. Exotics aside, if my Messenger had been born with Solar burn, the only vanilla gun that I would still be clinging to is Fatebringer. Since my messenger is Arc, I'll have to keep VoC for the time being.

LTWood12

Wait, what'd I miss? Why's it easier to get to the lighthouse? I feel like those quotation marks mean "it's not really easier to get to the lighthouse".

Oh it's super easy stb. Just set up a regular time to play with Drdrizz & Rubenov and all you do is show up.

Deku Tree

Jason, if you're still reading, ask Bungie about Husk of the Pit. Multiple sources are corroborating that it doesn't drop from the Blade of Crota anymore.

Who are these multiple sources? Souldestroyer Reborn and others? Have you tried to farm Fists of Crota "like Nami did" for 12 hours?

Prologue

I just completed vault of glass for the first time.

No reputation?
No marks?
No clip or huge ending to the vault?
A weapon and a shader as rewards?

Was I expecting too much or something?

ocean

Banned
For all the shit Kotaku gets as a trash site, that was honestly the best interview of the entire E3 bunch. Solid, pressing questions without being aggressive. Good stuff. Expectedly, they won't comment on much of the things we want to know because it's too early but it was still the best interview I've seen so far.

I know the author is on GAF. If you see this man, props to you for keeping it professional and asking the questions actually on the community's mind.

LiK

For all the shit Kotaku gets as a trash site, that was honestly the best interview of the entire E3 bunch. Solid, pressing questions without being aggressive. Good stuff. Expectedly, they won't comment on much of the things we want to know because it's too early but it was still the best interview I've seen so far.

I know the author is on GAF. If you see this man, props to you for keeping it professional and asking the questions actually on the community's mind.

If you only read stuff from Jason and Stephen, it's a pretty good site.

vctor182

Have enough motes for 5 engrams gonna try my luck for that nighthawk, should I use my veteran hunter with 55 cryptarch rank or newbie hunter with cryptarch rank 3?

phen0m24

who Jason Schrier?

LTWood12

Who are these multiple sources? Souldestroyer Reborn and others? Have you tried to farm Fists of Crota "like Nami did" for 12 hours?

Multiple being me, Soul, and Hawkian. ;)

I haven't tried farming it since around HoW launched. From March thru May, I killed 9 a day for the bounty. And that's not counting all the ones I just happened to kill out on patrol.

phen0m24

I JUST LANDED IN THE TOWER AND IT'S EMPTY

No Cryptarch
No Postmaster
No Eris
WEIRD

One other guy just landed

And now they just warped in

That was funny

todd360

not gonna happen Todd. Just ask the 276 motes I pissed down the drain this morning

6 engrams...... 3 arachnids

Fuck this game. I'm gonna spend coins to get one more chance, but you know I won't get shit.

Annnnddd a glasshouse. I can't even get the new fucking titan helmet and I don't even want that. The cryptarch is so terrible I can't even think of a good swear word to describe him.

ocean

Banned
Ha, I'll have to take some more time and fully digest the interview. I was going off of the part that Deku quoted:

"...are they going to be able to keep getting more powerful as time goes on? Is there going to be a cap on that stuff?"

This has come up in most interviews in one way or another, and from what I recall, it feels like Luke may be trying to ease us into the idea that there may indeed be a cap come year 2. A cap would force irrelevance. Instead of just a natural progression of fantastic guns. I really hope that I'm just getting the wrong impression, and will give Luke the benefit of the doubt. Exotics aside, if my Messenger had been born with Solar burn, the only vanilla gun that I would still be clinging to is Fatebringer. Since my messenger is Arc, I'll have to keep VoC for the time being.

To be honest, the only thing that makes Fatebringer special is Firefly.

Hand Cannons are the hardest-hitting class in the game. Since Firefly damage is proportional to the crit that caused it, Firefly on a Hand Cannon does way, way more damage than Firefly on a Scout Rifle. Since a headshot on Tier-1 mobs is overkill with a HC, the residual Firefly damage is enough to kill any other adjacent Tier-1s.

You can kill 10 Thralls with 1 Fatebringer bullet. There is no other gun in the game which can do this. But we already saw some of the E3 weapons and Firefly was in one of the Hand Cannons. Just like HoW added Auto Fire to Scout Rifle perk pool where it was previously a Vision of Confluence exclusive.

Really, outside of Firefly on a Hand Cannon and White Nail on Black Hammer, there are zero old legendaries truly worth trying to keep. Everything else from past expansions can be re-made (and often improved) by re rolling identical archetypes in HoW.

We might wax nostalgic about Fatebringer, but if other Hand Cannons get Firefly it'll kind of stop being special. Still good, like how Vision of Confluence is still good, but nothing special.

Frenden

Banned
I don't understand why people are complaining about this... Why is this a problem? Why are people begging for Bungie to make our old guns irrelevant again? Plz stop.

I'm with you on this. I don't want for raid weapons to be marginalized. Other legendaries being capped would hurt less, but I'm a fan of ascension/hoarding over tossing everything out.

Deku Tree

Yeah it was a great interview. Jason posted in this topic on the last page BTW.

This is news to me. What's the best way to contact Bungie?

Probably tweet them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom