• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Well after 27 helmet engrams I finally got me a nighthawk. Up to 50 some exotic shards now... Also got 30 etheric light laying around. I know of like maybe 5 things I would spend it on. Also nearly have 1600 weapon parts and only 1 thing to re-roll.

The solar jewel alludes me still.

Wow, looks like everyone is getting to Mercury with ease, has the competition died down?

We were getting wrecked earlier on, but eventually Blaze and I made it, Tears already had one loss on his card :(
Had a pretty nice triple nade somewhere, just randomly threw it in there XD

Congrats on the flawless with Nghtly btw, I'm wondering how he plays the map.

Wow, looks like everyone is getting to Mercury with ease, has the competition died down?

I think as each week progresses, more solid teams are being formed, and perhaps some of the people who have gone to the LH every week have gotten bored? I dunno... Could just be luck of the matchmaking. I'd say about 35% of our matches were against good teams, the rest were shutouts or near shutouts.

Baliis

We were getting wrecked earlier on, but eventually Blaze and I made it, Tears already had one loss on his card :(

Headshots everywhere

Blunoise

I actually think it's the stage this time.me and my team just stayed outside and drew the teams out to shut them down. Also if I went to Mercury today can I go again tomorrow to get new awards or do I have to change characters?

ethomaz

Banned
q38FTXYh.png

I found it under crucible medals. Only thing is that some were obtained after people rage quit, so you don't know which are "earned". But you got the video as proof ;)
I have 6 of these.

PS. WTF is that GAF logo?

Bradach

I might try some ToO tonight. I very rarely play PvP but I'm ok when I do (usually).

I have most guns at this stage so what loadout is generally good in there?
Also what class and subclass should I pick?

The map is definitely better than some of the previous ones, gives you lots of options. The teams who camp inside heavy get wrecked :p

Playing with the Devils was an experience in its own. They were looking at twitch comments and replying to questions while shooting the other team, they made it look so easy. Both were sniping of course, and I could barely get any kills..just assists.

There was that one match though where I had more kills than both of them combined :p

We had maybe 2 tough opponents, but the rest of the teams were steam rolled. Noticed the same with unstable and drizzay, so felt like the competition has died down a bit.

The map is definitely better than some of the previous ones, gives you lots of options. The teams who camp inside heavy get wrecked :p

Playing with the Devils was an experience in its own. They were looking at twitch comments and replying to questions while shooting the other team, they made it look so easy. Both were sniping of course, and I could barely get any kills..just assists.

There was that one match though where I had more kills than both of them combined :p

We had maybe 2 tough opponents, but the rest of the teams were steam rolled. Noticed the same with unstable and drizzay, so felt like the competition has died down a bit.

That's amazing, I don't know how they're doing it. The EU competition seemed to be pretty heavy yesterday, a lot of good teams + we are traditionally bad on a Friday evening.
Glad we still made it. Did you get anything good from the chest? I picked up my 6th Horn + a Solar Scholar that I didn't have yet.

Anyone want to run some Trials? I'm level 33 warlock and everyone on LFG wants flawless so they don't care for me. Have a max thorn. PS4

Edit: found a group on lfg

Our strategy both flawless runs:

For going inside:

Option 1) rush up and over the center area and annihilate with shotguns.
Option 2) open the near side door and spam grenades and mop up the stragglers.
Option 3) open the near side door and have a Thorn-off with lots of cover. Don't over extend into the center if you do this!

For going outside:

Option 1) secure the exit of the central hallway. Watch for snipers. They have very little clean sight lines this way so you can force them to come outside into shotgun hell.
Option 2) have two people do Option 1 then send a third the long way around outside to swing through their spawn and ping them from the side then rush in with grenades or wait till the flush out.

The center area outside is where the capture point spawns, so if you don't feel comfortable rushing through the inside, secure that outer region!

Trials went well in the end. I ended up getting the boots for my preferred characters. One win shy from Mercury, but personally it's just a bonus for me now(received the solar jewel, which was my main incentive.)

kidko

Finally got my hunter through the HoW quests and ready for her first PoE. I've only done it once so far. Anyone wanna take it easy and do a just for fun go at it? lvl 33

PSN kidklovius

edit NVM didn't realize it had matchmaking. cool

Lunar FC

Finally got my hunter through the HoW quests and ready for her first PoE. I've only done it once so far. Anyone wanna take it easy and do a just for fun go at it? lvl 33

PSN kidklovius

edit NVM didn't realize it had matchmaking. cool

What exotic you get on your first run?

Definity

Had fun in ToO tonight. I like how the map plays out. Still came up a couple wins short for the lighthouse though. Back at it again tomorrow.

Thanks for the games reaper.

I wish that elimination was a permanent playlist. I need some practice to cut down on my scrubbiness. I'm relatively good in other game modes, but I'm still not accustomed to the high risk vs reward element of elimination.

I wish that elimination was a permanent playlist. I need some practice to cut down on my scrubbiness. I'm relatively good in other game modes, but I'm still not accustomed to the high risk vs reward element of elimination.

You were doing fine. We weren't capitalizing on some of the bigger plays that you made.

Yup don't understand this either. Would be a great opportunity for people to practice in a little less stressful setting.
Also might be good to get accustomed to the maps. Didn't play any of the HoW maps before.

Thanks to ipitythafool and rolyreyes last night for the trials run! It was my best trials run yet. We went 9-2. It was a shame the very first team we played we really good. We were still trying to figure out our tactics and it was over pretty quick. The only other loss was against a very strong German team who were carrying a 32 through. They stomped us (there was a small bit of lag but this was while psn was having issues) and were very organised.

We had some close 5-4s and a fair few 5-0 a 5-1.

Best match had to be the final one against a clan called Osiris Flawless with the tag GOD. We went in expecting to have to fight to get that final win for the gold package. Turns out they were trash and we stomped them.

I've got something odd, so maybe someone can help. A few months ago, I got Destiny on Xbox 360, retail disc. I haven't turned on my Xbox One in months, so tonight I decided to, so I could get all of my Games with Gold and Halo ODST installed, and what not. And I saw Destiny queued. How do I have Destiny on my Xbox One? Is it a demo? When it finished installing, all of my achievements from the 360 version popped on the Xbox One version

Ganhyun

I've got something odd, so maybe someone can help. A few months ago, I got Destiny on Xbox 360, retail disc. I haven't turned on my Xbox One in months, so tonight I decided to, so I could get all of my Games with Gold and Halo ODST installed, and what not. And I saw Destiny queued. How do I have Destiny on my Xbox One? Is it a demo? When it finished installing, all of my achievements from the 360 version popped on the Xbox One version

did you buy digitally? If so, you get it on the One as well.

Edit: Retail disc? Not sure then.

That's amazing, I don't know how they're doing it. The EU competition seemed to be pretty heavy yesterday, a lot of good teams + we are traditionally bad on a Friday evening.
Glad we still made it. Did you get anything good from the chest? I picked up my 6th Horn + a Solar Scholar that I didn't have yet.

Nah, rewards were disappointing. Void summoner from mercury and regular jewel from gold.

All I want is the Damn Shader!

did you buy digitally? If so, you get it on the One as well.

Edit: Retail disc? Not sure then.

Nope, retail, like your edit says, and even after that promotion had ended. I really have no idea, and stupid Microsoft doesn't seem to have a functioning download history for Xbox One on either the console or website. I'm really curious about this.

Nah, rewards were disappointing. Void summoner from mercury and regular jewel from gold.

All I want is the Damn Shader!

Lol I remember you replying that in the stream chat yesterday and at the same time it dropped for Blaze. It is ridiculous how many of the shaders and ships I got, while Tears got his first ship after 400+ matches.

Nuszka

Morning gaf. Had a plan to get on trials last night after work, but that didn't go out the way I planned, will try tonight as well. Would love to be a part of the Friday hype for ToO :( Need to earn money first to be able to play destiny. Live.

This 1-20 on my new warlock is tedious as hell. Forgot how bad the story was. Feels faster then pvp though so pushing through it.

Also after playing a Titan for so long the warlock jump feels horrible.

bitsurugi

Agree with you, can't say the competition died down, lot's of tryhards in the eu zone at start of trials, yesterday was no different, luckily made 2 Mercury trips, me&team had good sniping matches yesterday.

Oddly, got zip from chest in Mercury, got 2x exotic from the 6 wins pack, lol

So today I am locked of both daily and weeklies due to only having the base game and not wanting to buy the DLC because a) it's not even a month since I bought the game b) I'd rather wait for the legendary edition with everything.

How do you guys put up with all of this bullshit? I can understand not being able to access the new features, but being unable to access thing I paid for? The only reason I keep putting with all of this must be pure and simple addiction. And if it is expected to have this same model for the next years...

And here I was thinking that WoW was bad.

Agree with you, can't say the competition died down, lot's of tryhards in the eu zone at start of trials, yesterday was no different, luckily made 2 Mercury trips, me&team had good sniping matches yesterday.

Oddly, got zip from chest in Mercury, got 2x exotic from the 6 wins pack, lol

Yeah there were certainly some good teams around, although a lot of them were final rounding, so couldn't tell if they were really good. Lost a couple of games but you get so many coins for losing that you can keep buying the buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom