• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Yeah not bad at all, I might even abuse my student card and go for 8 euro's :p
Train will be around 29-38 euro's for an one-way ticket.

Would be fun to have a little DGAF meeting!

Seems to me tickets from saturn can only be bought from their retail shops, I wonder if there's anyone here from Germany who'd like to come as well so that we can ask that person to get the friday/saturday tickets for us.

Sure. PS4, Figaliz. I should be available from 17:00 to 20:00 and 21:00 to 03:00, GMT+1. I only have the headset that came with the console, so after 22:00 I switch to headphones and I can't use a mic. In any case, I don't usually talk, more like listening to orders. I am too shy for that. Non native english speaker, so I can have issues with accents or jargon from time to time.

The biggest problem is that we are in the middle of a heat wave and I am unsure about how much temperature can go up after lunch. with no AC. The later, the better for me.

Sounds good, I'm EST so you're 6 hours later than me. We can play it by ear depending on other newbie availability. Not talking on mic isn't an issue whatsoever, as long as you can hear voice comms like you said. Lots of people don't use mics, I've even done flawless raids with some of those people :p

Yeah not bad at all, I might even abuse my student card and go for 8 euro's :p
Train will be around 29-38 euro's for an one-way ticket.

Would be fun to have a little DGAF meeting!

lol i know, i used my student card for discounted movies at least 2 years after i finished school :p

yeah absolutely, would love to meet up with as many dgaffers as i can

Seems to me tickets from saturn can only be bought from their retail shops, I wonder if there's anyone here from Germany who'd like to come as well so that we can ask that person to get the friday/saturday tickets for us.

do they have a store in Berlin? I can ask my friend to look into it..

BTW, never done VoG before, and I don't know what to expect save for a lot of difficulty and that it can be resumed. But I better hurry up and clean up the place if I want to be available on time. Also I will have to remember resetting the routers and homeplug network, just in case.

nOoblet16

lol i know, i used my student card for discounted movies at least 2 years after i finished school :p

In case we can't manage day ticket for friday/saturday we can just get thursday and check out the Cologn/Aachen the other day.

Sounds good, I'm EST so you're 6 hours later than me. We can play it by ear depending on other newbie availability. Not talking on mic isn't an issue whatsoever, as long as you can hear voice comms like you said. Lots of people don't use mics, I've even done flawless raids with some of those people :p

You still up for some Trials with Ruthless and me? I know it is an intercontinental companionship, but it'll be fun :p

nOoblet16

do they have a store in Berlin? I can ask my friend to look into it..

Yea Lots in Berlin...if he goes here here and clicks on Alle Markte and looks under cities starting from B he can get a list of stores in Berlin.

So I got Destiny last week and I am absolutely loving the co op aspect. Finding new items etc. Really great.

I went into the Crucible and have to say I found it awful - If I wasn't being blown up by rocket after rocket, I was being teleport stabbed with a super charge thing. They don't seem to have any counter.

However if I was to preserver could someone please just tell me what the crucible options are?

There are TWO normal control options - one is from the wolves expansion. Does this mean if I want to play new control maps I have to choose that one. . .or can I choose the normal control and the house of wolves maps will be in rotation too. Is there a way to have all the maps on rotation as I have the two expansions. :)

Also, maybe the no respawn modes or elimination style modes would be better for me to play as people won't really have time to get the rocket ammo and the teleport stabbing?

Can anyone gimme some crucible tips towards what the playlists are?

Thanks a lot :)

Sorry, can't help with crucible. I loved PvP on Halo 3, but Destiny... Those instakills from behind with Golden Gun really hurt. makes me want to try a Hunter in a Future when Taken King is out, but after September I'm going to have an hectic schedule between work, classes and the new games.

Cronen

I looked you up on DestinyStatus and it seems you are roughly Rank 1 with 3 different factions. It would have been preferable to funnel your reputation into one faction first so you could reach Rank 2 and be able to buy armor.

That part of the game has not changed. I wish it did because it's very taxing on a new player to make them grind for the initial level up.

However, armor used to be sold at low Light levels and then had to be upgraded through a grindy process. The current gear sold by Vendors comes at +36 Light straight off, no upgrades required. A full set of vendor armor straight off the shelf makes you level 32, high enough to play everything in the game.

I think PvP now gives twice as many (?) marks per game. So less grind there. Still capped at 100 available per week though.

Thanks. Maybe I'll do some PvP to get up to Rank 2 and get some new gear and do the Vault of Glass. If the DLC/Expansions were cheaper, I would probably look at getting them. Maybe in the future!

nOoblet16

yea I'm just browsing internet, send me a party invite/message whenever and I'll log in...ps4 is in standby so might show me as offline.

Woo, finally finished the 1-20 slog on my warlock. With a few bits and pieces I had in the vault he is instantly 28 and has a couple of 334 primaries including a Midas, 334 sniper of each element and a 334 rocket of each element including a gjallahorn.

Not too sure what to do first now, need to replace the 15 light blues in his hands and feet. Helm is a 42 light exotic and chest is 36 light. Thinking maybe finish TDB story missions and get those couple of slightly better blues then maybe a normal mode vault of glass. Just want to get enough light level to do the nightfall and weekly with my Titan and swap in the new warlock at the end really. Could also do 34 Poe on my Titan since I haven't done it yet and use the Eth light to make the chest 42 light as well.

Any suggestions?

Siaynoqq

Just bought three exotic engrams from xur. Got all three of the new exotic helmets. I already had the eternal warrior... But can't complain.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I usually make stupid bets when I'm drunk.

Give me gorgons.

^Okay General Rubenov

I'm going to adopt Blackjaw as my son.

Silav101

Nightfall was kind.
8wfmunj

doomquake

How did I forget that dying in nightfall means back to orbit...

anyway - PoE 32 with Deathglobe +1 was pretty awesome! Glad we powered through! Great player

BTW - do we have an IRC chat room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom